Change: Protestors Arrested Face 10 Years in Prison

10 years for protesting or 10 years for vandalism?
For rioting.

"Scores of demonstrators charged with rioting in the District on Friday were well organized, ready to confront police and prepared to violently disrupt the inauguration, according to some of the protesters and organizers.

Details of the disturbances in a four-square-block area downtown that led to more than 230 arrests began emerging after protesters made their first court appearances Saturday, a process that continued through the evening as defendants were brought into D.C. Superior Court in batches of 10. Most faced a felony charge of rioting, which carries a maximum 10-year prison sentence.

The preparation undertaken by protesters included arriving armed with hammers and crowbars, police said in court filings that also said officers moved in to make arrests after windows were broken on storefronts and a city emergency vehicle, and a parked limousine was set on fire shortly before President Trump’s swearing-in ceremony.

Before protesters took to the streets, leaders of an umbrella organization for the demonstration operated a detailed website, designated a media spokesman, had “street” medics to tend to injured demonstrators and said in news releases that the group included protesters who were willing to be arrested.

The group protesting in the District was accompanied by a volunteer lawyer from Colorado who was among those arrested, court records show."

Protesters who destroyed property on Inauguration Day were part of well- organized group

There are plenty of videos out there showing them destroying property. I would imagine they are gathering them as we speak. Will all be able to be proved, probably not, but many were caught on tape. I imagine D.C. has cameras everywhere.

Never happen....they'll all get reduced down to disturbing the peace misdemeanors. Tough for cops to come into court and remember details of a riot six months later....expensive and a waste of time. The only justice these types get is pepper-spray and maybe a lump on the head.

There are plenty of videos out there showing them destroying property. I would imagine they are gathering them as we speak. Will all be able to be proved, probably not, but many were caught on tape. I imagine D.C. has cameras everywhere.

Never happen....they'll all get reduced down to disturbing the peace misdemeanors. Tough for cops to come into court and remember details of a riot six months later....expensive and a waste of time. The only justice these types get is pepper-spray and maybe a lump on the head.

Watch and see.....the real troublemakers were wearing masks and hoodies.....prove that's me is the defense. I was called upon to bodyguard a Teamster princess at a D.C. riot back in 1970. Had to get arrested to keep her from getting arrested. Taken to a Redskins practice-field, guarded by cops holding M-16s with no magazines in them. :lol: Then we were moved to a hockey rink....while the hippies were chanting some shit, half a dozen of us timed the release area, jumped the line with fake note cards and escaped. A year later those who could prove they were held without probable cause got several thousand dollars.....it's a waste of time.

Don't bet on it.. the NEW DOJ IS NOW INVOLVED... DOMESTIC TERRORISM is now being considered as the charge.

Don't bet on it.. the NEW DOJ IS NOW INVOLVED...

I agree with you! They are going to start hosing these people, since everyone knows most of them are paid subversives. Make it unprofitable to be a left wing loon, and watch it all go up in smoke for the far leftists-)

Did you hear the tribe in ND has asked the protesters to leave? Lol. So much for them being there for the tribes sake!

Don't bet on it.. the NEW DOJ IS NOW INVOLVED...

I agree with you! They are going to start hosing these people, since everyone knows most of them are paid subversives. Make it unprofitable to be a left wing loon, and watch it all go up in smoke for the far leftists-)

They may charge a couple of the worst ones to set an example but D.C. simply doesn't have the money for more than that....too many murders to deal with.

They may charge a couple of the worst ones to set an example but D.C. simply doesn't have the money for more than that....too many murders to deal with.
It will be in Federal court. Trump will make sure they get the money.

Agreed, because all you have to do is show what can happen a few times, to dissuade incompetent, irrelevant, and immaterial leftists, from trying this crap again.

If they would have done it in Ferguson Missouri, we would have been a much more peaceful nation today, and Baltimore would still be in one piece!

You must have missed the point of FEDERAL CHARGES.. The state or district will have no control over or issues to deal with. It will be federal jurisdiction..

Agreed, because all you have to do is show what can happen a few times, to dissuade incompetent, irrelevant, and immaterial leftists, from trying this crap again.

If they would have done it in Ferguson Missouri, we would have been a much more peaceful nation today, and Baltimore would still be in one piece!

Had BLM been charged and held accountable for their riots and terrorism it would most certainly be much quieter.

The thread title is misleading. These people really were not protesters - they were rioters and they should (and will) be treated as such.

Remember the Chicago 7 (8 with Bobby Seale)? None of them went to prison. And the judges that would hear charges in this instance are all Rat party. Believe me when I say, the cops dispensed the only justice these turds will see.

Forum List

Back