Changed my mind on Gary Johnson

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
I thought I could deal with his immigration stances. Then, I read some comments from him from a decade or so ago and I lost touch. I just cant do it..
Looks like I wont be voting at all.

A third party run at this point is a waste isn't it?

I thought I could deal with his immigration stances. Then, I read some comments from him from a decade or so ago and I lost touch. I just cant do it..

Yet you can't say what they are?

Isn't that informational... thanks for the private thoughts. :uhh:

open borders and shit. I guess its typical libertarian rhetoric, but that shit was crazy.
"I want to be able to see an American truck going across the border meeting a Mexican truck going across the border at 60MPH and waving at each other" or something like that. Just one example.

When he was a republican Johnson made sense but when he jumped to the pot head party and became CEO of "Cannibis Sativa" he lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned. Now he is just a spoiler paraded around and used by people who used to hate him when he was a republican. Funny how some republicans who called for change in government years ago and longed for a candidate who could handle the hostile media turned out to be chicken shit establishment themselves when push came to shove and they had a chance at real change.

The fat guy doing the strip tease at the convention did it for me. They let him prance around up there WAY too long. Some forms of individual freedom, I don't need.

open borders and shit. I guess its typical libertarian rhetoric, but that shit was crazy.
"I want to be able to see an American truck going across the border meeting a Mexican truck going across the border at 60MPH and waving at each other" or something like that. Just one example.

That's kinda the way it used to be driving into Canada. Hyperbolically expressed of course but I miss those days. Not sure why a world where übersecurity is unnecessary would be a bad thing...

That's kinda the way it used to be driving into Canada. Hyperbolically expressed of course but I miss those days. Not sure why a world where übersecurity is unnecessary would be a bad thing...
I just believe in borders.

Only island dwellers automatically wave to everyone as they pass. You can tell here who lives on the island.

The American voter will NEVER find a candidate they agree with on ever issue. The best that we can hope to do is to assess each candidate to the best of our ability and support the one who best / closest comes to our beliefs.

For those who have declared they will not vote at all because there isn't that 1 candidate that completely (or extremely close to it) represents their personal views I offer this:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

A vote NOT cast, or a vote for a 3rd party candidate, this November is a vote for Hillary.

The American voter will NEVER find a candidate they agree with on ever issue. The best that we can hope to do is to assess each candidate to the best of our ability and support the one who best / closest comes to our beliefs.

For those who have declared they will not vote at all because there isn't that 1 candidate that completely (or extremely close to it) represents their personal views I offer this:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

A vote NOT cast, or a vote for a 3rd party candidate, this November is a vote for Hillary.
Oh I agree. 100% isn't feasible. However, immigration and borders are a big issue with me.

I just believe in borders.

"Borders" ..... or "moats"?

I thought I could deal with his immigration stances. Then, I read some comments from him from a decade or so ago and I lost touch.
Was it too much mental strain to elaborate?
My vision of the border with Mexico is that a truck from the United States going into Mexico and a truck coming from Mexico into the United States will pass each other at the border going 60 miles an hour. Yes, we should have open borders.

Q: In California, there was a backlash against illegal immigrants. Voters passed a proposition that would deny them medical & other services.
A: It wouldn't be a problem if they were legal, so the process to make them legal should be easier.
Q: Many Americans fear the flood of immigrants that would follow.
A: They would come over and take jobs that we don't want. They would become taxpayers. They're just pursuing dreams---the same dreams we all have. They work hard. What's wrong with that?

The second one wasn't really crazy, per se. However, the mindset is.

Forum List

Back