Character???

Republicans are always speaking of family values, morality, and character. Now we have a republican congressman, trey radell, busted on cocaine possession and cocaine use. If radell had been a Democrat the conservatives would be calling for his resignation at the top of their lungs. It will be interesting to see if any of the cons on this board call for him to step down. It will be my guess that the conservatives on this board will be more than happy to give him a pass on his drug use. After all, according to them it is only Democrats who would behave in that manner. So come-on all you upstanding conservatives surprise me and show your outrage and call for radell to step down. Failure to do so would be hypocritical.

As soon as the Democrats call for the resignation of Obama for stealing the 2012 election by knowingly lying and making false promises, which affect the entire nation, Republicans WILL call for the recall of Congressman Radell, whose indiscretion affects only his constituents.

It is not only up to the Democrats to call for the resignation of the president. It is up to all of Congress and all Americans.

As for Radell, it is up to his constituents or party to recall him. It's not just a indiscretion, it was illegal activity.

You were essentially asked for your opionion, what do you think should happen? Unfortunately, your response is like all the others here: you have avoided answering the question. Why don't you answer the question? What should happen to this guy?

Yes but it's all the Democrats have.

You know and I know, and the whole board knows, at least those who are intellectually honest, that it is the conservatives who are doing the justifying and sidling in this thread. Very hypocritical. :lol:

No it is the Dems who are doing it, on this thread and everywhere else.
You are still avoiding answering the question: Should a congressman who was caught and convicted of using illegal drugs resign? And now you are trying to accuse Democrats of exactly what you are doing, DEFLECTING.

obama_has_a_toke1_xlarge.jpeg

Wow! Was that taken in the Oval Office? No? On the campaign trail in 2008? No? When he was a senator in Chicago? No???? When?

No, actually when he was a senator, he was sucking another male at man's country.
DEFLECTION:
Irregardless of what Obama did or didn't do, the use of cocaine is illegal and you boy was caught breaking the law. Should a congressman who was caught and convicted of using illegal drugs resign? And yes, yes, I know you would condemn a Democrat for doing the same thing, but can you condemn a republican?

Justification and side-stepping all over the place. Sidle, sidle, sidle...... LMAO

Yes but it's all the Democrats have.

You know and I know, and the whole board knows, at least those who are intellectually honest, that it is the conservatives who are doing the justifying and sidling in this thread. Very hypocritical. :lol:

I don't justify his behavior one iota. I say throw the fucker out on his ass. As I would any liberal politician. If you are in a position of influence, power, authority and leadership you should BE BEYOND REPROACH. I want squeaky clean (or as close as possible) leaders REGARDLESS OF PARTY. Whether I agree with their politics or not.

Moral equivalency is a modern ethical escape route. You'll see it every time a republican, conservative, libertarian, or other assorted politico gets caught. It is comparable to the child's, 'but Joanne did it too.' Ask any school teacher for examples. That RWLCLCRTPFMW* use it merely demonstrates their immaturity. Consider only that this man voted to have welfare participants drug tested and you soon realize you have entered a world where morality does not exist on a level above a five year old.

* Right Wing Libertarian Cheap Labor Conservative Republican Tea Party Free Market Wingnut

Obama was a coke head

GW Bush was a cokehead and an alcoholic. How soon, or conveniently, we forget......:lol::lol:

Wow! Was that taken in the Oval Office? No? On the campaign trail in 2008? No? When he was a senator in Chicago? No???? When?

No, actually when he was a senator, he was sucking another male at man's country.
DEFLECTION:
Irregardless of what Obama did or didn't do, the use of cocaine is illegal and you boy was caught breaking the law. Should a congressman who was caught and convicted of using illegal drugs resign? And yes, yes, I know you would condemn a Democrat for doing the same thing, but can you condemn a republican?

I can. I have no problem kicking an asshole out of office, even if I agree with his politics.

If Radel was a democrat he'd be the next presidential candidate and the dems would be screaming about choice, freedom and legalizing drugs.
Actually on many more that one occasion I have seen Democrats condemn other Democrats who have broken the law or shown themselves to be unworthy of being in government. Weiner ring a bell? You didn't see any Democrats on this board supporting him. So, what we have again is more DEFLECTION.

Republicans are always speaking of family values, morality, and character. Now we have a republican congressman, trey radell, busted on cocaine possession and cocaine use. If radell had been a Democrat the conservatives would be calling for his resignation at the top of their lungs. It will be interesting to see if any of the cons on this board call for him to step down. It will be my guess that the conservatives on this board will be more than happy to give him a pass on his drug use. After all, according to them it is only Democrats who would behave in that manner. So come-on all you upstanding conservatives surprise me and show your outrage and call for radell to step down. Failure to do so would be hypocritical.

I would say, actually, publishing this photo and claiming it is Obama is something a person could be sued for. It is a complete lie. It isn't Obama, and any numbskull who would think it is should have a head transplant.

Last edited:
Moral equivalency is a modern ethical escape route. You'll see it every time a republican, conservative, libertarian, or other assorted politico gets caught. It is comparable to the child's, 'but Joanne did it too.' Ask any school teacher for examples. That RWLCLCRTPFMW* use it merely demonstrates their immaturity. Consider only that this man voted to have welfare participants drug tested and you soon realize you have entered a world where morality does not exist on a level above a five year old.

* Right Wing Libertarian Cheap Labor Conservative Republican Tea Party Free Market Wingnut
DEFLECTION.
You avoided answering the question: Should a congressman who was caught and convicted of using illegal drugs resign? And yes, yes, I know you would condemn a Democrat for doing the same thing, but can you condemn a republican?

The congressman should resign and the leader of the choom gang be impeached.
You surprise me Katzndogz, I never expected it would be you who would take the position that if a congressman commits a crime, whether Democrat or Republican, they should resign. Let me stress that, it is unimportant whether they are Democrat or Republican, what is important is whether they have committed a crime. They have violated the trust of those who voted for them.
Actually Katzndogz, you now realize your fellow conservative posters will turn on you and call you a RINO. Stay away from buses.

I have called for him to step down, and at least one other conservative on this forum has.

The GOP leadership should be taking out the trash.
I appreciate your honesty and your willingness to speak to truth. In my mind it unimportant whether the congressman is Democrat or Republican, if he breaks the law he is violating the trust of those who elected him.

As soon as the Democrats call for the resignation of Obama for stealing the 2012 election by knowingly lying and making false promises, which affect the entire nation, Republicans WILL call for the recall of Congressman Radell, whose indiscretion affects only his constituents.

It is not only up to the Democrats to call for the resignation of the president. It is up to all of Congress and all Americans.

As for Radell, it is up to his constituents or party to recall him. It's not just a indiscretion, it was illegal activity.
AVOIDENCE:
You are still avoiding answering the question:Should a congressman who was caught and convicted of using illegal drugs resign?

Your guess would be wrong. Unlike you, we smack our own. Liberals don't do this.
You "smack our own." You mean like that governor who spent a week in South America with his mistress without telling anyone where he was and who then ran for US Congress and won. That is how you "smack your own?"
AVOIDENCE:
You are still avoiding answering the question:Should a congressman who was caught and convicted of using illegal drugs resign?

Your guess would be wrong. Unlike you, we smack our own. Liberals don't do this.
You "smack our own." You mean like that governor who spent a week in South America with his mistress without telling anyone where he was and who then ran for US Congress and won. That is how you "smack your own?"
AVOIDENCE:

Absolutely laughable, "We smack our own down." LMAO :lol::lmao::lmao:

True, and that’s the issue.

If republicans had presented themselves as no better than anyone else, just as human and just as subject to human failings, this and other scandals involving republicans wouldn’t be an issue.

Instead, as a consequence of their arrogance, their incorrect belief they have a ‘monopoly’ on morality, and efforts to use ‘values’ as a political weapon, when a republican politician is indeed involved in some sort of a scandal, accusations of hypocrisy are justified.

I'm a Republican. I'm for family values, morality, and character. I'm also for doing research to not look foolish before I say something.

If you had, you'd notice about half a dozen threads on Radell. All of which have conservatives saying he should resign.

But, of course, you didn't bother doing five minutes of research before presuming conservatives on this board are hypocrites. I wonder if you will even acknowledge that we have said anything after you read this.

BTW have we figured out who we are going to have primary Trey if he doesn't step down?

Doesn't matter. Conservatives don't have a problem with calling for Radell to resign. Meanwhile Democrats seem to think he should go while they knowingly elect a man who committed the same exact crime to high office.

Who exactly is being hypocritical here?

Proof?
Democrats just proved themselves the biggest fucking hypocrites on the planet. Back when Bill Frist was Senate majority leader some were urging him to change the filibuster rule to get Pres Bush's judicial appointments through. The Dems were stalling appointments of very good choices simply because they were Bush's. Frist refused. All the Dems gave big speeches about how the filibuster protected the rights of the minority etc etc. One of them went on to be the first mulatto president.
Fast forward to today. Dems change the rule. Minority rights? Who gives a shit?
Dems are the biggest fucking hypocrites on the planet.
DEFLECTION.
Should a congressman who was caught and convicted of using illegal drugs resign? And yes, yes, I know you would condemn a Democrat for doing the same thing, but can you condemn a republican?

So you are calling for President Obama's resignation? After all he has freely admittted doing the same exact crime. Somehow I don't believe you.

I have called for him to step down, and at least one other conservative on this forum has.

The GOP leadership should be taking out the trash.

More than one.

Obama was a coke head
DEFLECTION:
Irregardless of what Obama did on didn't do, should a congressman who was caught and convicted of using illegal drugs resign? And yes, yes, I know you would condemn a Democrat for doing the same thing, but can you condemn a republican?

Actually, what Obama did is completely relevant since you wont call for his resignation for doing the same exact thing Radell did.

You were essentially asked for your opionion, what do you think should happen? Unfortunately, your response is like all the others here: you have avoided answering the question. Why don't you answer the question? What should happen to this guy?

I don't know. Perhaps because we thought you on the left were literate and read our responses is in the other half a dozen threads on the topic. So we decided to comment on the complete hypocrisy of the OP who will not call for Obama to resign for doing the same exact thing he wants Radell to resign for.

See we dont have a problem with both leaving office.

Forum List

Back