Cheney Calls for full Release of Memos

Your correct that I've been told numerous times. Many folks seem to think that by just saying something over and over it establishes a fact.

ROFLMNAO... SWEET MOTHER! You actually stated a fact... :clap2: CONGRATS! :clap2: Sadly, that is the only tactic from which you seem able to draw... in nearly every POST!

Post after post, I personally have refuted your would-be argument point for POINT and you simply return to ignore the argument, cherry pick some phrase, strip it of contest and post some mindless quip, which you feel sustains your position.

Here's a clue... your position is vacuous; your argument specious, you're reasoning spurious and your conclusions founded upon unaologetic ignorance.

Thanks for your opinion. I disagree with your conclusions as well as your effort to justify America as the nations that tortures. Himmler would have loved you.

Now go and neg rep me again. Sign of the loser.

That is clearly not true... IF you HAD looked at the evidence there is absolutely NO WAY you could return with these conclusions... Odds are, that what you're looking at are radical leftist blogs or other such disinformation oriented websites which purpetuate this mindless nonsense...

That evidence, published numerous times, establishes that the Japs were prosecuted for all forms of waterboarding torture.

Nope... there is not a single instance wherein ANY Japanese was prosecuted for All types of waterboarding... as there is ONLY ONE TYPE of waterboarding... with the distinction being the SEVERITY WITH THICH IT IS APPLIED AND THE CAUTION TAKEN TO PROTECT THE INDIVIDUAL to which it is being applied.

There are none, because none were applied... but again the reasoning of THIS facet of your argument is invalid... it presumes that the courts were privy to every instance of waterboarding, recognized numerous techniques; the distinctive severity of application of each and determined that all techniques and levels of severity were equitable and FORBIDDEN FOREVER, and without regard to the reasonign which might otherwise sustain their justifiable usage... and in so doing, this skewed reasoning assumes that the courts recognized that the Japanese were justified in their overall treatment of US troops, but found waterboarding to be an exception; and prosecuting those who otherwise treated the Allied prisoners fairly and humanely, but crossed a line with waterboarding...

When in reality the Japanese were barbarians who inflicted unspeakable cruelty onto their prisoners, without regard to WHO they were... with the intent to be little more than to punish their opposition throughthe sadistic use of ACTUAL TORTURE; torture that routinely resulted in the death of those who were subjected to it.

Your blather is meaningless. You've proved you make up shit and make assumptions about stuff you know nothing about. Why should I or anyone believe you? Your assertions of "fact" hold as much value as a bag of farts.
Godwins law applies
you lose

Its irrelevant that they did other things. The Japs were prosecuted for waterboarding regardless of the method employed.

Why? Because the US government considered water torture to be torture. Simple as that.

Really, they were prosecuted for WATERBOARDING? Maybe you could post a link showing the international code that lies out the crime of WATERBOARDING?

In other words, there crime wasn't WATERBOARDING, it was the details of how the waterboarding was carried out, that caused for instance, CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY, which is an actual international crime.

See here is what I referring to;
Crime against humanity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The International Military Tribunal for the Far East (IMTFE), also known as the Tokyo Trial, was convened to try the leaders of the Empire of Japan for three types of crimes: "Class A" (crimes against peace), "Class B" (war crimes), and "Class C" (crimes against humanity), committed during World War II. The first refers to their joint conspiracy to start and wage the war, and the latter two refer to atrocities including the Nanking Massacre.

The legal basis for the trial was established by the Charter of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East (CIMTFE) that was proclaimed on 19 January 1946. The tribunal convened on May 3, 1946, and was adjourned on November 12, 1948.

A panel of eleven judges presided over the IMTFE, one each from victorious Allied powers (United States, Republic of China, Soviet Union, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Provisional Government of the French Republic, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, British India, and the Philippines).

War crimes charges against more junior personnel were dealt with separately, in other cities throughout Far East Asia, such as the Nanjing War Crimes Tribunal and the Khabarovsk War Crimes Trials.

You're actually trying to claim that Japanese weren't prosecuted by the US for waterboarding?

Really, they were prosecuted for WATERBOARDING? Maybe you could post a link showing the international code that lies out the crime of WATERBOARDING?

In other words, there crime wasn't WATERBOARDING, it was the details of how the waterboarding was carried out, that caused for instance, CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY, which is an actual international crime.

The International Military Tribunal for the Far East (IMTFE), also known as the Tokyo Trial, was convened to try the leaders of the Empire of Japan for three types of crimes: "Class A" (crimes against peace), "Class B" (war crimes), and "Class C" (crimes against humanity), committed during World War II. The first refers to their joint conspiracy to start and wage the war, and the latter two refer to atrocities including the Nanking Massacre.

The legal basis for the trial was established by the Charter of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East (CIMTFE) that was proclaimed on 19 January 1946. The tribunal convened on May 3, 1946, and was adjourned on November 12, 1948.

A panel of eleven judges presided over the IMTFE, one each from victorious Allied powers (United States, Republic of China, Soviet Union, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Provisional Government of the French Republic, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, British India, and the Philippines).

War crimes charges against more junior personnel were dealt with separately, in other cities throughout Far East Asia, such as the Nanjing War Crimes Tribunal and the Khabarovsk War Crimes Trials.

You're actually trying to claim that Japanese weren't prosecuted by the US for waterboarding?
no, they werent prosecuted by the US
they were prosecuted by the allies
you really are too fucking stupid

Not much, except that it describes the gullible nature of the cult following (such as yourself) of The Lord of the Idiots...

Nice try but I'm a perverted god-hating frenchloving leftie - I don't follow you.

and where they seek to redefine torture to mean: STRESS... for the purposes of outlawing it, in the name of HUMAN RIGHTS...

Only redefining I've seen is the pathetic attempt to reconstitute something illegal as something legal by renaming it inhanced interrogation techniques. Sorry bubby but wither it's dehydrated or reconstituted - koolaide is still koolaide and torture is still torture.

I do admit...I find it very strange that an act that was for decades legally considered torture suddenly - MAGICALLY - became not-torture in the new regime. How can such a thing be? Maybe's it's your koolaide :)

thus promoting the interests of our terrorist enemy who doesn't even recognize the existance of HUMAN RIGHTS... and demonstrates such as through their singular tactic of MURDERING MASSIVE NUMBERS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE; in precisely the same way as renaming the US GWOT and the enemy of the US with innoculous, non-threatening descriptions.

Who gives a fig what the enemy recognizes? Good God do we set our standards by them?

Such simply provides for the culture to drop their guard, to become complacent and in so doing provide that secrative enemy with the means to further infiltrate the US population; which can and must finally result in promoting their means to hit us again, only with substantially greater efficacy.

...and yet...by an act of semantical magic...what used to be torture suddenly...incredibly...isn't, without changing a thing about it.

A koolaide miracle that can alter the very fabric of reality.

It's subversion at the highest levels... and history will eventually note it as the point where America had lost any means to defend individual liberty, without destroying it...

How can torture defend liberty when by it's very adoption into the government structure destroys what it is defending?

Best graduate from koolaide...I recommend a good bottle of

no, they werent prosecuted by the US
they were prosecuted by the allies
you really are too fucking stupid

Oh look. One of the Hitler's youth leaders has chimed in to offer his useless and ignorant insights.

Last edited:
Former Vice President Cheney Calls for full Release of Memos Showing Results of Interrogation Efforts

Former Vice President Cheney says he knows how successful the interrogation techniques were in collecting intelligence for the United States and wants that information to be released to the public as well as the legal memos explaining the decision to allow the heavily criticized methods.

Now that the memos showing the rulings of interrogation techniques have been released, the Obama administration should release additional documents that show what the interrogations yielded, and he wants the American people to understand that too.

"I acted primarily because of the exceptional circumstances that surrounded these memos," Obama said, adding that he has "fought to protect the integrity of classified information in the past and I will do so in the future."

Here’s McCain on the Memo release: "(The release) doesn't help America's image, does not help us address the issue and I think it was a serious mistake," McCain said.

Also today, from President Obama

Senior members of the Bush administration who approved the use of waterboarding and other harsh interrogation measures could face prosecution, President Obama disclosed today .

He said the use of torture reflected America "losing our moral bearings".

For the first time, today, he opened up the possibility that those in the administration who gave the go-ahead for the use of waterboarding could be prosecuted.

Who cares what The Dick wants. He is irrelevant. He is a criminal. He has nothing coming.
he's a criminal?
really?
so just saying it makes it so

huggy is a criminal

Ok Dick Tracy you caught me. I confess that I smuggled a few tons of pot from Colombia back in the seventies. Too late to prosecute. You'll have to sue me.

They were prosecuted for crimes against humanity, crimes against the peace and war crimes. Read the link, it wasn't specifically for waterboarding no. What they did violated the international codes that I laid out in the link. Is it your contention, that they weren't prosecuted for those violations of the international codes?

Nice try but I'm a perverted god-hating frenchloving leftie - I don't follow you.

Only redefining I've seen is the pathetic attempt to reconstitute something illegal as something legal by renaming it inhanced interrogation techniques. Sorry bubby but wither it's dehydrated or reconstituted - koolaide is still koolaide and torture is still torture.

I do admit...I find it very strange that an act that was for decades legally considered torture suddenly - MAGICALLY - became not-torture in the new regime. How can such a thing be? Maybe's it's your koolaide :)

thus promoting the interests of our terrorist enemy who doesn't even recognize the existance of HUMAN RIGHTS... and demonstrates such as through their singular tactic of MURDERING MASSIVE NUMBERS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE; in precisely the same way as renaming the US GWOT and the enemy of the US with innoculous, non-threatening descriptions.

Who gives a fig what the enemy recognizes? Good God do we set our standards by them?

...and yet...by an act of semantical magic...what used to be torture suddenly...incredibly...isn't, without changing a thing about it.

It's subversion at the highest levels... and history will eventually note it as the point where America had lost any means to defend individual liberty, without destroying it...

How can torture defend liberty when by it's very adoption into the government structure destroys what it is defending?

You keep calling it torture, with absolutely no proof. If the Japanese were prosecuted specifically for waterboarding then you should have no problems showing the charging documents where it says specifically waterboarding was the crime committed. If not then you don't have a leg to stand on. Thank you and have a nice day.

You keep calling it torture, with absolutely no proof. If the Japanese were prosecuted specifically for waterboarding then you should have no problems showing the charging documents where it says specifically waterboarding was the crime committed. If not then you don't have a leg to stand on. Thank you and have a nice day.

Docket Date: 53/ May 1 - 28, 1947, Yokohama, Japan

Charge: Violation of the Laws and Customs of War: 1. Did willfully and unlawfully mistreat and torture PWs. ... Specifications: beating using hands, fists, club; kicking; water torture; burning using cigarettes; strapping on a stretcher head downward [emphasis in original]

In addition to those single-nation military commissions conducted [*490] by the United States, water torture was a major issue in proceedings before the IMTFE

The Judgment of the International Military Tribunal for the [*491] Far East held that:

Among these tortures were the water treatment ... .

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1175155-post446.html

http://mediamatters.org/research/200904240035

Who cares what The Dick wants. He is irrelevant. He is a criminal. He has nothing coming.
he's a criminal?
really?
so just saying it makes it so

huggy is a criminal

Ok Dick Tracy you caught me. I confess that I smuggled a few tons of pot from Colombia back in the seventies. Too late to prosecute. You'll have to sue me.
totally missing the point, but you seem to always miss it

Charge: Violation of the Laws and Customs of War: 1. Did willfully and unlawfully mistreat and torture PWs. ... Specifications: beating using hands, fists, club; kicking; water torture; burning using cigarettes; strapping on a stretcher head downward [emphasis in original]

In addition to those single-nation military commissions conducted [*490] by the United States, water torture was a major issue in proceedings before the IMTFE

The Judgment of the International Military Tribunal for the [*491] Far East held that:

NRO's Hemingway gets history wrong in accusing Begala of botching facts | Media Matters for America

beating using hands, fists, club; kicking; burning using cigarettes; strapping on a stretcher head downward

Now show me where the CIA used these procedures in their interrogations?

NRO's Hemingway gets history wrong in accusing Begala of botching facts | Media Matters for America

Thanks for proving my point though. No where is it reported that the CIA committed any of the atrocities that were committed by the Japanese in their waterboarding of US troops. Notice also there was no mention of Japanese doctors available to prevent permanent injury.

... thus promoting the interests of our terrorist enemy who doesn't even recognize the existance of HUMAN RIGHTS... and demonstrates such as through their singular tactic of MURDERING MASSIVE NUMBERS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE; in precisely the same way as renaming the US GWOT and the enemy of the US with innoculous, non-threatening descriptions.

Oh its just the context... that's all, just the foundational circumstances on which the argument rests, the scope by which the discussion is framed...

Let's try it this way...

Let's say that the law provides no exception for law enforcement and the speed limit is 55mph on the road on which you're traveling... you see a sheriff's deputy fly by you at what you judge to be twice the posted 55 mph that you're traveling?

He was clearly breaking the law... The speed limit is 55 Mph... there's not exception... Doesn't that mean that the Deputy is in violation of the legal thresholds which define the safe speed for those traveling on that highway?

So... for the sake of this conversation, let's say you decide to file a greivance... call the Sheriff's office and report the officer for this gross violation of the posted legal limit...

The Sheriff recognizes your intentions are reasonable and explains that the officer was in route to the reported abduction of a child at a schoolbus stop just a few miles from where he passed you...

Now setting everything else aside... does the time critical nature and the severity of the circumstances, provide that this officer has a RESPONSBILITY to violate the law?

Now friends this is check mate... this member has only one potential post remaining...

If she determines that the rights of the child being abducted need to be defended immediately, and that these circumstances provide that such a law does not overide the human rights of that child, that the officer has a moral obligation to get to that scene as quickly as is within his means to spare that child the horror of an abduction... then she will in effect render her former advocacy moot; as the principles are identical...

IF on the other hand she takes the position that the traffic laws do in fact, overide all other considerations, then she's discredited herself and her advocacy as being little more than assinine provarocators of pedantic minutia, with no means to reason and unqualifed to debate reasonably intelligent citizens on matters relevant to their well being of their culture; subject to being dismissed as a common fool and will suffer the humiliation common to such.

Torture can't defend liberty... stress induced coercive interrogation, implemented to secure time sensitive information, necessary to stop the execution of massive numbers of innocent human beings, however, defends liberty by stripping those determined to destroy the liberty, from the facade which they hide behind; a cloak of secrecy which is the only means they have to implement their liberty killing tactics... and a cloak which such interrogation techniques serves to open.

Now get to answering the question highlighted in bold font, above... you've just run out of wiggle room.

... thus promoting the interests of our terrorist enemy who doesn't even recognize the existance of HUMAN RIGHTS... and demonstrates such as through their singular tactic of MURDERING MASSIVE NUMBERS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE; in precisely the same way as renaming the US GWOT and the enemy of the US with innoculous, non-threatening descriptions.

Oh its just the context... that's all, just the foundational circumstances on which the argument rests, the scope by which the discussion is framed...

Let's try it this way...

Let's say that the law provides no exception for law enforcement and the speed limit is 55mph on the road on which you're traveling... you see a sheriff's deputy fly by you at what you judge to be twice the posted 55 mph that you're traveling?

He was clearly breaking the law... The speed limit is 55 Mph... there's not exception... Doesn't that mean that the Deputy is in violation of the legal thresholds which define the safe speed for those traveling on that highway?

So... for the sake of this conversation, let's say you decide to file a greivance... call the Sheriff's office and report the officer for this gross violation of the posted legal limit...

The Sheriff recognizes your intentions are reasonable and explains that the officer was in route to the reported abduction of a child at a schoolbus stop just a few miles from where he passed you...

Now setting everything else aside... does the time critical nature and the severity of the circumstances, provide that this officer has a RESPONSBILITY to violate the law?

Now friends this is check mate... this member has only one potential post remaining...

If she determines that the rights of the child being abducted need to be defended immediately, and that these circumstances provide that such a law does not overide the human rights of that child, that the officer has a moral obligation to get to that scene as quickly as is within his means to spare that child the horror of an abduction... then she will in effect render her former advocacy moot; as the principles are identical...

IF on the other hand she takes the position that the traffic laws do in fact, overide all other considerations, then she's discredited herself and her advocacy as being little more than assinine provarocators of pedantic minutia, with no means to reason and unqualifed to debate reasonably intelligent citizens on matters relevant to their well being of their culture; subject to being dismissed as a common fool and will suffer the humiliation common to such.

Torture can't defend liberty... stress induced coercive interrogation, implemented to secure time sensitive information, necessary to stop the execution of massive numbers of innocent human beings, however, defends liberty by stripping those determined to destroy the liberty, from the facade which they hide behind; a cloak of secrecy which is the only means they have to implement their liberty killing tactics... and a cloak which such interrogation techniques serves to open.

Now get to answering the question highlighted in bold font, above... you've just run out of wiggle room.

I can answer this with far less verbosity then you:

1. William Shakesphere was a wise man, who's wisdom is timeless. "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"...only in this case, "cowflops, by any other name would smell as rancid" - torture is torture, regardless of semantics. Stress induced coercive interrogation was, just a few years ago, labeled "torture". Semantics don't change truth budddy.

2. Are we or are we not a nation of law? If we are not protected by law, then by what?

Thanks for proving my point though. No where is it reported that the CIA committed any of the atrocities that were committed by the Japanese in their waterboarding of US troops. Notice also there was no mention of Japanese doctors available to prevent permanent injury.

Given that the CIA destroyed the tapes of the interrogations, we don't really know what they did do they?

Interesting that they should choose to do that.

I keep calling it torture because, up until a few years ago - it WAS torture. Then suddenly it MAGICALLY changed into not-torture. Yet nothing about it changed. Only semantics.

I'll go by the long established and accepted definition of torture over your politically correct new version of "torture".

Semantics don't change reality.

beating using hands, fists, club; kicking; burning using cigarettes; strapping on a stretcher head downward

Now show me where the CIA used these procedures in their interrogations?

What - do you have reading comprehension problems or something? Water torture.

Forum List

Back