Children accidently shoot someone every 36 hours

According to a study published earlier this week by Everytown For Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, 79 children have unintentionally shot someone with a handgun during the first four months of 2015. These shootings have resulted in 24 deaths and 56 injuries. If such first-quarter figures were calculated to cover an entire year, there would be an accidental shooting every 36 hours.

Children accidentally shoot someone every 36 hours new study finds - Living - HeraldTimesOnline
Sounds like there is a strong need for proper & safe firearm handling in elementary schools.

Kids die every minute in car accidents, ban cars.

I don't see how that will stop kids from shooting people.
Hey man, many kids drown every day ban pools.

Again that won't help stop kids from shooting people.

Hey man, every day children die from swallowing pills. Ban pills.

That's why we have childproof bottle. You think everyone should have childproof smart guns?

True. Getting rid of your car would prevent a car accident too. You're stuck on stupid, thanks for backing me up!
Stupid is comparing cars to guns.
To you it would be. The point was preventing accidents though. You could also sell your pacifier and prevent the overbite. But you won't.

There is a lot that has been done and is being done about cars. They will probably be driving themselves accident free soon. Why are you against saving children's lives with proper storage of guns?

I never said I was....and my side wants gun safety training for children in elementary schools to coincide with fire safety training...the anti-gun nuts oppose this....they feel the propaganda advantage a child killed by a gun gives them is far better for the cause......

Then what are you opposed to that I have posted so far? Children shooting people is a reality. Ignoring it won't make it go down.
Children are "people" too asshole.
Ya there's lots of seventeen year old negro "children" "playing with guns no doubt.
Ninety five percent of 'accidental deaths' caused by "children" are by negro "children" who have been "playing" with handguns since they were a year old.
Their (cough) parent leave fully loaded stolen handguns laying around all over the shitholes they live in.

Stupid is comparing cars to guns.
To you it would be. The point was preventing accidents though. You could also sell your pacifier and prevent the overbite. But you won't.

There is a lot that has been done and is being done about cars. They will probably be driving themselves accident free soon. Why are you against saving children's lives with proper storage of guns?

I never said I was....and my side wants gun safety training for children in elementary schools to coincide with fire safety training...the anti-gun nuts oppose this....they feel the propaganda advantage a child killed by a gun gives them is far better for the cause......

Then what are you opposed to that I have posted so far? Children shooting people is a reality. Ignoring it won't make it go down.
Ya there's lots of seventeen year old negro "children" "playing with guns no doubt.
Ninety five percent of 'accidental deaths' caused by "children" are by negro "children" who have been "playing" with handguns since they were a year old.
Their (cough) parent leave fully loaded stolen handguns laying around all over the shitholes they live in.

The woman shot dead by her 2 year old in Walmart was quite white.

'The exception proves the rule'.
One time a negro was found to have an IQ above 100. Same thing.

'The exception proves the rule'.
One time a negro was found to have an IQ above 100. Same thing.

We are waiting for your link.

So are children drowning...and more children die of drowning than die in gun accidents.......ignoring drowning won't make it go down.....

You keep wanting to talk about everything except children shooting children which is the OP. Why are you so scared of being killed by a criminal? Over 300 million people and only about 10k homicides each year. Most are thug on thug. You are very safe from being murdered. Why aren't you more worried about the more likely causes of your death?

More likely cause of my death...would be cancer, heart disease, car accidents, fire.........I am more concerned about those causes....but people are raped, beaten, stabbed, murdered every single day in every country in every state....so guns are also part of taking care of myself and my family.....

So are children drowning...and more children die of drowning than die in gun accidents.......ignoring drowning won't make it go down.....

You keep wanting to talk about everything except children shooting children which is the OP. Why are you so scared of being killed by a criminal? Over 300 million people and only about 10k homicides each year. Most are thug on thug. You are very safe from being murdered. Why aren't you more worried about the more likely causes of your death?

More likely cause of my death...would be cancer, heart disease, car accidents, fire.........I am more concerned about those causes....but people are raped, beaten, stabbed, murdered every single day in every country in every state....so guns are also part of taking care of myself and my family.....

How many people you know that have been murdered?

This thread shows that some people care more about guns than children. God bless America.

Interesting that their study ( NotAnAccident Index - EverytownResearch.org has so many instances where the gun was stolen, illegally owned, or randomly found in a park.

Not quite as much support for the "parents shouldn't have guns" argument as I would have expected there to be.

(Also, I remember that one in northern Alaska cause gun incidents are not all that common up here. It was in the native village of Shungnak, consists of like 51 families in 56 houses or somewhere around there. The child and playmates apparently found the gun in one of the homes and thought it was one of their toys. Unfortunately the boy died while waiting 2+hrs for a medevac as their village did not have any advanced life support capabilities. Shungnak Boy Dies of Gunshot Wound Alaska Native News In any event, Alaska Natives out there follow their own tribal laws, rules, and traditions.)

How many people you know that have been murdered?

Why is murder the only crime people should be concerned about? There are rapes, beatings, stabbings, slashings, robberies, kidnappings, and a host of other violent crimes that a gun would prevent....

Like say a 61 year old man who was attacked by 50 teenagers who broke both his eye sockets, his nose, his ribs and caused bleeding on his brain...he is currently alive but they attempted to kill him...

Or the woman who was raped 50 ft. from the campus police station in Colorado.....

Or the two women here in chicago sexually assaulted on the train system........

There are a lot more crimes that are stopped by guns than just murder brain....should people simply submit to rape, robbery, beatings, and stabbings....and just hope the criminals stop before they end up in murder?

And I know several people who have been robbed, and there have been murders in my area....so crime is actually real brain...it isn't something they make up just for television detective shows...it actually happens to real people every day........and guns go a long way to stopping those crimes....

one every 36 hours seems like a lot

however almost 3 kids an hour are seriously hurt

by shopping cart accidents in this country

Interesting that their study ( NotAnAccident Index - EverytownResearch.org has so many instances where the gun was stolen, illegally owned, or randomly found in a park.

Not quite as much support for the "parents shouldn't have guns" argument as I would have expected there to be.

(Also, I remember that one in northern Alaska cause gun incidents are not all that common up here. It was in the native village of Shungnak, consists of like 51 families in 56 houses or somewhere around there. The child and playmates apparently found the gun in one of the homes and thought it was one of their toys. Unfortunately the boy died while waiting 2+hrs for a medevac as their village did not have any advanced life support capabilities. Shungnak Boy Dies of Gunshot Wound Alaska Native News In any event, Alaska Natives out there follow their own tribal laws, rules, and traditions.)

The Violence Policy Center is a rabid anti gun group...of course they are going to cobble together whatever gun incidents they can find to inflate their numbers.....that is the only way they can make their case.....that is why they include 17 and 18 year olds as children....and many of the gun shootings of teenagers are beccause of gang involvement...not accidents...

and keep in mind.....accidental gun deaths in 2013....505 people out of over 320 million people....with over 320 million guns in private hands, and over 11.1 million people carrying guns for protection....

505.........out of all those people with guns.....we should be applauding that low number...not trying to use it to disarm 90 million gun owners.......

and the number of children killed each year with guns...under 100.........out of over 320 million people.....check the deaths of children due to cars, pools, and furniture in their homes.....

This thread shows that some people care more about guns than children. God bless America.

No....it shows that people aren't going to be steam rolled by paranoid anti gunners who cobble together gang shootings and other nonsense to get guns banned....

Under 100 children a year are killed by accidental gun deaths......out of a country of over 320 milion people....each one is horrible....but more children die in cars....spend your time saving those lives......

Forum List

Back