🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

China to Help Build Las Vegas-to-Los Angeles High-Speed Railway

Virgin flies LAX to LAS for $80 round trip.

What a fucking waste of time, effort and money to build a rail line no one will use
How in the world you know that? Do you live here in California? By car going to Vegas from Orange County will take you 4 to 6 hours on Fridays or worse during holiday's. Returning on Sunday will take you at least 6 hours unless you want to leave Las Vegas real early.
Did you ever try to take this trip?

Great news! This would strengthen the economy, create jobs and be good for our country.

Right, because there was no way to get to Las Vegas.

It's not like you can buy a ticket on SouthWest for $59 and get there in 40 minutes from Ontario.

Hey, but the high speed rail will get you there in less than 3 hours and only cost $249 each way. People will flock to it...
I'm sure glad that you already know how much it cost ($498 round trip) and how long it will take. They have not even started the construction. Where did you get that estimate?

This high speed railway will be an expensive boondoggle which will dump American dollars into Chinese hand. And the taxpayers will be expected to subsidize it. And no one is going to use it, because most people have cars in Los Angeles and Las Vegas, and it will never be cheaper than a tankful of gas to get a train ticket.

I disagree. The need for all forms of ground transportation in the la to vegas corridor couldn't be anymore apparent. And that includes some form of rail.

How in the world you know that? Do you live here in California? By car going to Vegas from Orange County will take you 4 to 6 hours on Fridays or worse during holiday's. Returning on Sunday will take you at least 6 hours unless you want to leave Las Vegas real early.

Bullshit.

I'm in Yorba Linda.

But more importantly, I can hop on SouthWest out of Ontario and get there in 40 minutes.

I'm sure glad that you already know how much it cost ($498 round trip) and how long it will take. They have not even started the construction. Where did you get that estimate?

You're a fucking goon.

$59 one way on SouthWest Super Saver.

Save your lies for your fellow Communists.

The Chinese company will reap their construction profits and then the taxpayers will get to support the operation when ridership fails to live up to expectations, a la Amtrak.

Pass the KY and assume the position...

At least china will do it as congress has no interest in America's infrastructure
A fool, to believe that Congress has a responsibility to do this.
If it made financial sense, the private sector would have done it decades ago.

At least china will do it as congress has no interest in America's infrastructure

A unit of CCRC, China's largest train maker, has signed a deal to help build a high-speed bullet train railway linking Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

CRRC also last week broke ground on a factory in the U.S. that will manufacture trains for Boston's subway system as part of a $556 million deal that China CNR, now part of CRRC, won almost a year ago.

China to Help Build Las Vegas-to-Los Angeles High-Speed Railway
That's what we've been needing instead of that other stupid project....but we were told that Las Vegas and Nevada weren't interested.

Hopefully the rest of the country will learn from this example.
I'd love something better than Amtrak's limited operation.
For most of the country, high-speed rail does not make sense, especially in cross-country lanes.

I believe we need better roads and aqueducts; and well regulated militias of the People.

Why not a high speed rail line between San Fransisco and Los Angeles?
:lol: they are building that and most of us are already bitching about it being silly.

What a fucking waste of time, effort and money to build a rail line no one will use
It's a nightmare, especially trying to get home on Sunday. Primm and the state border is a hell hole of gridlock.

They have already started

Loma-Prieta-Lumber-Co-railroad-chinese-work-crew_5060.jpg
seems a bit racist to have chinese building western railroads again

Bullshit.

I'm in Yorba Linda.

But more importantly, I can hop on SouthWest out of Ontario and get there in 40 minutes.
If you live in Yorba Linda. Why don't you try driving North 15 after 2 pm today and see what time you get there? I live here in La Jolla and Palm Spring.
Yes you can take southwest at good price but you have to plan and buy way ahead. If I just decided go to Las Vegas today Friday what time do you think I get there today.
You live in YL it's shocking for me to hear a comments like this. Maybe you rarely go to Las Vegas or you never seen the traffic.

If you live in Yorba Linda. Why don't you try driving North 15 after 2 pm today and see what time you get there? I live here in La Jolla and Palm Spring.

91 to the 15, off at Jurupa. It takes about 30 minutes. I do it all the time. Actually, they have the 91-15 interchange fucked up, so I generally take river to hidden valley.

Yes you can take southwest at good price but you have to plan and buy way ahead. If I just decided go to Las Vegas today Friday what time do you think I get there today.
You live in YL it's shocking for me to hear a comments like this. Maybe you rarely go to Las Vegas or you never seen the traffic.

If you just decide to go today, you lack the maturity to survive Vegas. You need 7 days advance to get good prices.

For $80 I'd fly

Why don't you walk it

You're a fucking goon.

$59 one way on SouthWest Super Saver.

Save your lies for your fellow Communists.

You are a fucking stupid and ignorant. You posted $498 round trip which you have no clue what you are talking about.
I go to Las Vegas several times flying from SAN or Ontario but there are times I make a quick and immediate decision
when I get tired going to Barona, Pala or Pechanga.

91 to the 15, off at Jurupa. It takes about 30 minutes. I do it all the time. Actually, they have the 91-15 interchange fucked up, so I generally take river to hidden valley.

If you just decide to go today, you lack the maturity to survive Vegas. You need 7 days advance to get good prices.
Exactly what I'm talking about. I do not go Vegas because of cheap tickets. I go to Vegas when I or we want to go.

Forum List

Back