🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christianity..... why non believers don't "get it".....

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Reading the Bible this morning, I opened it up to 2 Corinthians 4.

It addresses why people that are non-Christian's are unable to process or understand the Truth of the Gospel.

2 Corinthians 4: 3-5

3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 In their case, the god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.

This is a section of the Bible explaining why, as Christians, we need to be the Light to the world.
Because Satan is a deceiver, trying to blind you to the Truth.

It addresses why people that are non-Christian's are unable to process or understand the Truth of the Gospel.

3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 In their case, the god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.

This is a section of the Bible explaining why, as Christians, we need to be the Light to the world.

Your OP is self serving.

But it raises an interesting question.

Why do you feel the need to convince yourself that your belief is correct? Is it because you doubt it yourself?

If you had no doubt then you wouldn't need any such reassurance from your self serving source, right?

As an atheist I don't doubt myself because I know who I am and I don't need any mythical imaginary being to bolster my self worth.

Why do you feel the need to convince yourself that your belief is correct? Is it because you doubt it yourself?

If you had no doubt then you wouldn't need any such reassurance from your self serving source, right?

As an atheist I don't doubt myself because I know who I am and I don't need any mythical imaginary being to bolster my self worth.

Do you ever read books by other atheists? Have discussions with atheists about various thoughts atheists may have about the freedom of no belief in God?

(If so, why do you feel the need to convince yourself...) Grin.

In the same way believers do not feel any need to convince themselves, but we do enjoy reflecting on and discussing our beliefs.

Peace. Truly, I didn't mean to be annoying, just voicing the thought that sprang to mind as I read your post.

BELIEVE........ Bel/The Snake Lie to to EVE ... Believe........ And because the truth can walk around naked...... The naked truth... The LIE must be covered so they covered up their Lies by writing more pages in their bible/ book......and this naked truth was covered by their beLEAF.......WINKING....OH WE GET IT.......

Do you ever read books by other atheists? Have discussions with atheists about various thoughts atheists may have about the freedom of no belief in God?

In the same way believers do not feel any need to convince themselves, but we do enjoy reflecting on and discussing our beliefs.

Peace. Truly, I didn't mean to be annoying, just voicing the thought that sprang to mind as I read your post.

:rofl:

Touche!

:D

Touche!

You are a good guy--a person after my own heart.

Touche!

You are a good guy--a person after my own heart.

Pleased to meet you too and the feeling is mutual. :)

You might enjoy the exchanges with BluePhantom and Sealybobo given your sense of humor.

"Christianity..... why non believers don't "get it"....."

Those free from faith indeed 'get' Christianity; in fact, the vast majority of those free from faith were once Christian, with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the gospels and the religion's doctrine and dogma - and with that knowledge and understanding came to the correct conclusion that being free from faith was the appropriate decision.

The bible and its gospels were written by men, imbued with man's ignorance, fear, and hate, rendering the gospels devoid of secular authority or legal merit.

And your post exhibits the arrogance common to many Christians, an arrogance that conflicts with Christian dogma, one of many reasons why those free from faith reject your religion of hypocrisy.

Oh we Jews get your fable and we don't buy it because we know the story and it doesn't contain a god man which is a pagan concept

Why Jews Don t Believe In Jesus why Jews reject Jesus

Hope this helped

Aren't sinners "perishing"?

Is not everyone born in sin?

Does that Bible verse make sense now?

Wait a minute!! This is where the muslims develop the idea that god creates non-believers intentionally!!

I was looking for this, thanks op!!

Last edited:

Bonzi, I spent more than a quarter century as a devout Christian. I come from a family that has been active in the church for generations.

Then something happened that made me rethink the whole concept of Organized Religion. I spent three years researching different religions in person.

In the end I decided that not only wasn't Christianity for me but no Organized Religion was. I now follow a personal, private spirituality rather than religion.

In addition their was never a concept of original sin in Judaism , paul came up with that , if their is no original sin covering everyone , no need for a cure .. ie ..the christian jesus to take away the sins of the world , which is a ridiculous pagan concept

Saint Augustine (354-430) was the first theologian to teach that man is born into this world in a state of sin. The basis of his belief is from the Bible (Genesis 3:17-19) where Adam is described as having disobeyed G-d by eating the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden. This, the first sin of man, became known as original sin.

Many Christians today, particularly members of the Anglican, Roman Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, and Presbyterian Churches, subscribe to this belief. They maintain that the sin of Adam was transferred to all future generations, tainting even the unborn. Substantiation for this view is found in the New Testament (Romans 5:12) where Paul says, "Wherefore as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. By one man's disobediance many were made sinners."

Christianity believes that only through the acceptance of Jesus that the "grace" of G-d can return to man. A Christian need only believe in Jesus to be saved; nothing else is required of them.

Judaism s Rejection of Original Sin Jewish Virtual Library

why non believers don't "get it".....

OP: the god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers ... Because Satan is a deceiver, trying to blind you to the Truth.

between the two " ^ , there seems good reason to be on guard for both their characters as well as their declarative " the glory of Christ, who is the image of God " that fits the narrative of yet another of their, bibles lie's ...

the truth is, BELIEVERS don't get it ....

In addition their was never a concept of original sin in Judaism , paul came up with that , if their is no original sin covering everyone , no need for a cure .. ie ..the christian jesus to take away the sins of the world , which is a ridiculous pagan concept

Saint Augustine (354-430) was the first theologian to teach that man is born into this world in a state of sin. The basis of his belief is from the Bible (Genesis 3:17-19) where Adam is described as having disobeyed G-d by eating the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden. This, the first sin of man, became known as original sin.

Many Christians today, particularly members of the Anglican, Roman Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, and Presbyterian Churches, subscribe to this belief. They maintain that the sin of Adam was transferred to all future generations, tainting even the unborn. Substantiation for this view is found in the New Testament (Romans 5:12) where Paul says, "Wherefore as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. By one man's disobediance many were made sinners."

Christianity believes that only through the acceptance of Jesus that the "grace" of G-d can return to man. A Christian need only believe in Jesus to be saved; nothing else is required of them.

The Jews had animal sacrifices to cover their sins and yes their was original sin in Judaism.

The Jews had animal sacrifices to cover their sins and yes their was original sin in Judaism.

No there never was , You are a christer and have it has been drilled into your head the mischaracterizations of what you call the OT, In fact the Hebrew bible has nothing to do with non jews and speaks to the Jewish nation and wasn't given or meant for non jews it is clearly stated you are the strangers spoken about, read my above linked post from Jewish sources

If a person believes that a blood sacrifice were necessary in order for Gd to forgive human sin, then that person forgot to study the Five Books of Moses. Even a single example where Gd forgave without a blood sacrifice would prove that this idea is unbiblical.

Read and learn and not what you goyim teachers teach you about a text they know nothing about other then to twist it to their own ends

What Jews Believe Essay 2 Blood Sacrifice Unnecessary

No there never was , You are a christer and have it has been drilled into your head the mischaracterizations of what you call the OT, In fact the Hebrew bible has nothing to do with non jews and speaks to the Jewish nation and wasn't given or meant for non jews it is clearly stated you are the strangers spoken about, read my above linked post from Jewish sources

Nothing has been drilled into my head
It comes from intense deep study for 15 years.
My believe is in proof given to me thorough God.
You are the one under Satan's control so that you can not see the truth.

The Bible is clear, and it is consistent: one person cannot die for the sins of another. In other words, the sins committed by one person cannot be wiped out by the punishment given to another. In Exodus 32:30-35, Moses asks Gd to punish him for the sin committed by the people in regards to the Golden Calf. Gd tells Moses that the person who committed the sin is the one who must receive the punishment. Then, in Deuteronomy 24:16, Gd simply states this as a basic principle, 'Every man shall be put to death for his own sin.' This concept is repeated in the Prophets, in Ezekiel 18: 'The soul that sinneth, it shall die... the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.' The prophet Jeremiah looks to the day when the mistaken belief that one man's death atones for another man's sins shall no longer be held by anyone: in Jeremiah 31:29-30, the prophet says: 'In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.'

What Jews Believe Essay 1 No Vicarious Atonement

Forum List

Back