ChristianMingle and other religious dating websites now must include gay singles

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
Following a California court ruling, Christian dating site ChristianMingle.com, Mormon dating site LDSSingles.com, and Jewish dating siteJDate.com – all owned by Spark Networks — must now include equal browsing rights for gay folks who for some bizarre reason want to hold on to their religious faith.​
(source)

Okay...I'm gonna lose some of my "street cred" with the progressive crowd on this one, but, I'm sorry. This is stupid. I was 100% in favour of same-sex marriage. I fully supported the rights for transgender to use whatever bathroom they wish. I'm even okay with telling a baker that a wedding cake is a wedding cake is a wedding cake. Bake the damn cake!

But this? Okay. A Christian has no right to demand that I live in accordance with their morality. The caveat of that is that it demands that the opposite also be true.

Without seriously rewriting, or reinterpreting the original language of the text of the Bible, interpreting it in a way that has never been accepted as standard in the history of linguistics, the Bible is quite clear on one thing. God hates fags, and he wants his followers to, as well. Now, I know we're gonna get a hundred moralists in here spouting "Hate the sin, not the sinner," I'll refer them to my opinion of that bit of drivel that I expound upon in my other thread on this particular forum. So, that being said, why would you want to force Christians to "let you come play"?

Isn't that rather like a black guy trying to force White Supremacists to let him join their organizations? Or a Jew trying to force neo-NAZIs to include him? I mean, you probably could force the issue if you really, really wanted to. But why would you want to be part of an organization that hates you, would would be perfectly happy seeing you cease to exist? The same holds true of gays trying to force churches to let them be members, or let them make use of their social media. Can you? Sure. But why do you want to?

Aren't there a plethora of social media, and dating services out there that don't give so much as a single fuck if you are gay, or not? Why invade the Christian services, and force them to include people they would prefer not even exist?!?

I'm just sayin...

I fully expect the thrashing from my progressive friends, any minute now...

Following a California court ruling, Christian dating site ChristianMingle.com, Mormon dating site LDSSingles.com, and Jewish dating siteJDate.com – all owned by Spark Networks — must now include equal browsing rights for gay folks who for some bizarre reason want to hold on to their religious faith.​
(source)

Okay...I'm gonna lose some of my "street cred" with the progressive crowd on this one, but, I'm sorry. This is stupid. I was 100% in favour of same-sex marriage. I fully supported the rights for transgender to use whatever bathroom they wish. I'm even okay with telling a baker that a wedding cake is a wedding cake is a wedding cake. Bake the damn cake!

But this? Okay. A Christian has no right to demand that I live in accordance with their morality. The caveat of that is that it demands that the opposite also be true.

Without seriously rewriting, or reinterpreting the original language of the text of the Bible, interpreting it in a way that has never been accepted as standard in the history of linguistics, the Bible is quite clear on one thing. God hates fags, and he wants his followers to, as well. Now, I know we're gonna get a hundred moralists in here spouting "Hate the sin, not the sinner," I'll refer them to my opinion of that bit of drivel that I expound upon in my other thread on this particular forum. So, that being said, why would you want to force Christians to "let you come play"?

Isn't that rather like a black guy trying to force White Supremacists to let him join their organizations? Or a Jew trying to force neo-NAZIs to include him? I mean, you probably could force the issue if you really, really wanted to. But why would you want to be part of an organization that hates you, would would be perfectly happy seeing you cease to exist? The same holds true of gays trying to force churches to let them be members, or let them make use of their social media. Can you? Sure. But why do you want to?

Aren't there a plethora of social media, and dating services out there that don't give so much as a single fuck if you are gay, or not? Why invade the Christian services, and force them to include people they would prefer not even exist?!?

I'm just sayin...

Here we agree. I was going to post on this myself, but never got to it.

Really, I guess I can see some semblance of logic or law in the bake the cake or issue gay marriage license episodes, even though I disagree on the bake the cake.

But forcing Christian date networks to include gay dating.... wow. It sure makes the secular humanist authorities out there look like they are imposing an agenda more than interpretation of any law or civil right.

(source)

I'm just sayin...

Well the reality is that some people want to punish the religious people of the world and demand that they are accepted even if it is by court order.

I am against Transgenders in the Military and I agree that Religious Dating sites should not be forced to add Gay singles to their site. As for the bathroom debate, well I have been for unisex bathrooms with single stall. As for the cake, well I would bake the damn cake because it is money but if someone does not then flip them off and walk away because they're not worth it and would you eat a cake that you forced someone to make?

Back to the dating sites and the ruling is for all religious site if I am correct and that make me wonder how will Muslim sites react?

I know the Christian sites will be hostile and will appeal the ruling. Also the Gay and Lesbian community should be wiser than this and realize those dating sites will have users setup fake accounts to lure Gay men and women to their deaths or harsh beating, so is it worth getting someone killed?

Now the Progressive will be after me on this too but going after religious dating sites is one battle that is not a win no matter what in my opinion..

(source)

I'm just sayin...

Well the reality is that some people want to punish the religious people of the world and demand that they are accepted even if it is by court order.

I am against Transgenders in the Military and I agree that Religious Dating sites should not be forced to add Gay singles to their site. As for the bathroom debate, well I have been for unisex bathrooms with single stall. As for the cake, well I would bake the damn cake because it is money but if someone does not then flip them off and walk away because they're not worth it and would you eat a cake that you forced someone to make?

Back to the dating sites and the ruling is for all religious site if I am correct and that make me wonder how will Muslim sites react?

I know the Christian sites will be hostile and will appeal the ruling. Also the Gay and Lesbian community should be wiser than this and realize those dating sites will have users setup fake accounts to lure Gay men and women to their deaths or harsh beating, so is it worth getting someone killed?

Now the Progressive will be after me on this too but going after religious dating sites is one battle that is not a win no matter what in my opinion..
I agree with most of what you said, other than the transgenders in the military. Meh. No different than women in the military. Who cares? Can she pick up a weapon, and shoot it? Then who cares what gender she used to be?

The snowflakes think they will be considered normal if they can just force it upon the populace.

It's not working queers

I think this is a foolish hill to die on for the plaintiffs in this lawsuit. Stupid whiners.

Also, my best friend had a shirt made for me that said, "I met my husband on Christian Mingle." Now the joke is ruined! :(

The gay folks who join Christian Mingle will experience more Christian proselytization than they ever in their wildest dreams thought possible. :laugh:

(source)

I'm just sayin...

Why do you think that these business's are exempt from laws that require business's to not discriminate?

Spark Networks is not a religious organization- it is a for profit company that runs a variety of niche for profit dating services- for Christians, LDS, Jews, and also dating websites for African Americans and Seniors.

, the Bible is quite clear on one thing. God hates fags, and he wants his followers to, as well..

I missed the part where Jesus said that.

Apparently this quote was mis-translated

Mark 12:31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

(source)

I'm just sayin...

Here we agree. I was going to post on this myself, but never got to it.

Really, I guess I can see some semblance of logic or law in the bake the cake or issue gay marriage license episodes, even though I disagree on the bake the cake.

But forcing Christian date networks to include gay dating.... wow. It sure makes the secular humanist authorities out there look like they are imposing an agenda more than interpretation of any law or civil right.

It also begs the question of how effective such services can be, like matchmaking. Do algorithms designed for heterosexual matching really translate over to same sex matching?

[
I know the Christian sites will be hostile and will appeal the ruling. ..

There wasn't a ruling.

This was a negotiated settlement- the for profit company that runs the site agreed on the settlement- there will be no appeal.

, the Bible is quite clear on one thing. God hates fags, and he wants his followers to, as well..

I missed the part where Jesus said that.

Apparently this quote was mis-translated

Mark 12:31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."
I didn't say Jesus said it. I said the Bible said it. I would refer you to Deuteronomy, Acts, and the Letters of Paul. Jesus was actually silent on the issue of homosexuality; one can assume because he felt no need to either add to, or correct the understanding of the time, God's opinion of that particular behaviour. Jesus tended to expound on those points of theology for which there seemed to be some confusion. Since Jesus didn't feel the need to correct the Old Testament position on homosexuality, one can reasonably assume he did not feel there was any misunderstanding there.

Last edited:
(source)

I'm just sayin...

I see you discovered another pointless subject to vent about. Losing your street cred means you're only attempting to please the audience which means you're a phony, spreading biased rhetoric. Christianity dominates mostly with religious dogma against homosexuality but though speculatively the LGBT community prefer to unite themselves with homophobia sites that are for straight people who are homophobic. It never cease to amaze me how someone claims to speak for the whole LGBT community when they are sufficient with having their own sites and clubs like PULSE!

[

There wasn't a ruling.

This was a negotiated settlement- the for profit company that runs the site agreed on the settlement- there will be no appeal.
Meh. Ruling...negotiated settlement, the end result is the same - forcing people who hate you to let you play with them. Just not seeing the reasoning here.

(source)

I'm just sayin...

I see you discovered another pointless subject to vent about. Losing your street cred means you're only attempting to please the audience which means you're a phony, spreading biased rhetoric. Christianity dominates mostly with religious dogma against homosexuality but though speculatively the LGBT community prefer to unite themselves with homophobia sites that are for straight people who are homophobic. It never cease to amaze me how someone claims to speak for the whole LGBT community when they are sufficient with having their own sites and clubs like PULSE!
Sooo...you agree with me, but still felt the need to rhetorically tell me to piss off. What is your problem with me? Did I kick your dog, at some point? If so, I do apologise.

I think this is a foolish hill to die on for the plaintiffs in this lawsuit. Stupid whiners.

Also, my best friend had a shirt made for me that said, "I met my husband on Christian Mingle." Now the joke is ruined! :(

2cc.gif

Good, they deserve it. Maybe if they weren't so nasty to gays everywhere in real life, then gays wouldn't be invading EVERY SINGLE CORNER of their space. :D

[

There wasn't a ruling.

So the plaintiffs are wankers, and the defendants are cowards.

Lets see what happens when one of the Muslim sites gets sued, if the progs have the balls to do it.

Good, they deserve it. Maybe if they weren't so nasty to gays everywhere in real life, then gays wouldn't be invading EVERY SINGLE CORNER of their space. :D

So it isn't about equality, it's about retribution for you?

Thanks for clarifying.

(source)

I'm just sayin...

Why do you think that these business's are exempt from laws that require business's to not discriminate?

Spark Networks is not a religious organization- it is a for profit company that runs a variety of niche for profit dating services- for Christians, LDS, Jews, and also dating websites for African Americans and Seniors.
Once again, you seem to have missed the point. I fully conceded the legal point that gays can force this issue, and win. My question is why would they want to. Why force a group of people who clearly hate you, and would be perfectly happy if you simply ceased to exist, to let you play with them? Does that really sound like you are placing yourself in a productive, healthy environment for your self-image?

Forum List

Back