ChristianMingle and other religious dating websites now must include gay singles

Following a California court ruling, Christian dating site ChristianMingle.com, Mormon dating site LDSSingles.com, and Jewish dating siteJDate.com – all owned by Spark Networks — must now include equal browsing rights for gay folks who for some bizarre reason want to hold on to their religious faith.​
(source)

Okay...I'm gonna lose some of my "street cred" with the progressive crowd on this one, but, I'm sorry. This is stupid. I was 100% in favour of same-sex marriage. I fully supported the rights for transgender to use whatever bathroom they wish. I'm even okay with telling a baker that a wedding cake is a wedding cake is a wedding cake. Bake the damn cake!

But this? Okay. A Christian has no right to demand that I live in accordance with their morality. The caveat of that is that it demands that the opposite also be true.

Without seriously rewriting, or reinterpreting the original language of the text of the Bible, interpreting it in a way that has never been accepted as standard in the history of linguistics, the Bible is quite clear on one thing. God hates fags, and he wants his followers to, as well. Now, I know we're gonna get a hundred moralists in here spouting "Hate the sin, not the sinner," I'll refer them to my opinion of that bit of drivel that I expound upon in my other thread on this particular forum. So, that being said, why would you want to force Christians to "let you come play"?

Isn't that rather like a black guy trying to force White Supremacists to let him join their organizations? Or a Jew trying to force neo-NAZIs to include him? I mean, you probably could force the issue if you really, really wanted to. But why would you want to be part of an organization that hates you, would would be perfectly happy seeing you cease to exist? The same holds true of gays trying to force churches to let them be members, or let them make use of their social media. Can you? Sure. But why do you want to?

Aren't there a plethora of social media, and dating services out there that don't give so much as a single fuck if you are gay, or not? Why invade the Christian services, and force them to include people they would prefer not even exist?!?

I'm just sayin...

I fully expect the thrashing from my progressive friends, any minute now...

Why do you think that these business's are exempt from laws that require business's to not discriminate?

Spark Networks is not a religious organization- it is a for profit company that runs a variety of niche for profit dating services- for Christians, LDS, Jews, and also dating websites for African Americans and Seniors.
Once again, you seem to have missed the point. I fully conceded the legal point that gays can force this issue, and win. My question is why would they want to. Why force a group of people who clearly hate you, a

There is no indication that the owners of the website hate anyone.

Why force a business to comply with the law?

Why not?
Asked and answered. The hatred of homosexuality is inherent in the theology of Christianity. Deny that if you will, it still remains a demonstrable fact. The bible says to fucking stone them to death, for fuck's sake!

You are projecting your own hatred issues on Christians.

Jesus said:

The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."
You keep referring to Jesus, implying that the theology of Christianity is based solely on the words of Jesus, and nothing else. That is your contention? Is that the position you want to stake out?

Without seriously rewriting, or reinterpreting the original language of the text of the Bible ... God hates fags, and he wants his followers to, as well ...

if that's the premise for your disapproval of the ruling, hand in cheek there is something wrong with both you and the christians.

My disapproval is with the gay community trying to force people who hate them, and would be perfectly happy if they simply refused to exist, to let them play in their proverbial sandbox. You'll forgive me if I just don't see the advantage to the gay community here.
My question is why would they want to.

My disapproval is with the gay community trying to force people who hate them, and would be perfectly happy if they simply refused to exist, to let them play in their proverbial sandbox. You'll forgive me if I just don't see the advantage to the gay community here.

your blindness is a poor excuse ...

as you stated in the OP the christians are guided in hatred by an unverified book and passing the hatred to unsuspecting followers ad infinitum ...

one hasn't the right to scream fire in a crowded auditorium either.

Again, we seem to be talking past each other. You are insisting on the legal propriety of forcing Christian dating services to allow anyone who wants to to use them. I am not suggesting you are wrong.

However, the same could be said for, say, The White Aryan Resistance. Legally, if a black man wanted to join their organization, and attend their meetings, they would have a legal obligation to allow him to do so. However, that legal responsibility in no way answers the question why on Earth would a black man want to force a group that so clearly hates him to allow him to attend? Do you believe that by forcing his inclusion, the white supremacists would magically stop hating minorities?

It's the same thing here. You are absolutely correct. legally, these Christian dating sites are required to allow gays to use them. That still doesn't explain why gays would want to force themselves on a group that so clearly hates them. Do you think that by forcing their inclusion, Christians are going to magically stop hating them?

You are clearly ignorant of the law.

The White Aryan Resistance can discriminate as they want as a private not for profit association- just as for example- churches can.

I personally don't know of a single Christian who hates anyone for being homosexual- even the Christians who believe that sex between people of the same gender is a sin. Why do you assume that Christians live their lives filled full of hate like you do?
You're right. The Bible says to stone homosexuals to death. But, I'm sure that it means to do it with love.

Jesus said:
The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

as you stated in the OP the christians are guided in hatred by an unverified book and passing the hatred to unsuspecting followers ad infinitum ...

Again, we seem to be talking past each other. You are insisting on the legal propriety of forcing Christian dating services to allow anyone who wants to to use them. I am not suggesting you are wrong.

However, the same could be said for, say, The White Aryan Resistance. Legally, if a black man wanted to join their organization, and attend their meetings, they would have a legal obligation to allow him to do so. However, that legal responsibility in no way answers the question why on Earth would a black man want to force a group that so clearly hates him to allow him to attend? Do you believe that by forcing his inclusion, the white supremacists would magically stop hating minorities?

It's the same thing here. You are absolutely correct. legally, these Christian dating sites are required to allow gays to use them. That still doesn't explain why gays would want to force themselves on a group that so clearly hates them. Do you think that by forcing their inclusion, Christians are going to magically stop hating them?

The White Aryan Resistance can discriminate as they want as a private not for profit association- just as for example- churches can.

I personally don't know of a single Christian who hates anyone for being homosexual- even the Christians who believe that sex between people of the same gender is a sin. Why do you assume that Christians live their lives filled full of hate like you do?
You're right. The Bible says to stone homosexuals to death. But, I'm sure that it means to do it with love.

Jesus said:
And I refer to my previous response to this ignorant, sophomoric understanding of Christianity.

[
I know the Christian sites will be hostile and will appeal the ruling. ..

There wasn't a ruling.

This was a negotiated settlement- the for profit company that runs the site agreed on the settlement- there will be no appeal.

So the plaintiffs are wankers, and the defendants are cowards.

Lets see what happens when one of the Muslim sites gets sued, if the progs have the balls to do it.

LOL are there any Muslim sites? The company being sued runs Christian, Jewish, LDS, AFrican American and Senior dating sites- but no Muslims sites.

There sure are Muslim dating sites. Sometimes when you reply to a Jihad related post on a given site they pop up.

Why do you think that these business's are exempt from laws that require business's to not discriminate?

Spark Networks is not a religious organization- it is a for profit company that runs a variety of niche for profit dating services- for Christians, LDS, Jews, and also dating websites for African Americans and Seniors.
Once again, you seem to have missed the point. I fully conceded the legal point that gays can force this issue, and win. My question is why would they want to. Why force a group of people who clearly hate you, a

There is no indication that the owners of the website hate anyone.

Why force a business to comply with the law?

Why not?
Asked and answered. The hatred of homosexuality is inherent in the theology of Christianity. Deny that if you will, it still remains a demonstrable fact. The bible says to fucking stone them to death, for fuck's sake!

You are projecting your own hatred issues on Christians.

Jesus said:

You keep referring to Jesus, implying that the theology of Christianity is based solely on the words of Jesus, and nothing else. That is your contention? T=Is that the position you want to stake out?

I keep referring to the words of Jesus because Christianity is based upon the concept of Jesus bringing the New Testament to man.

So yes- I keep referring to the quotes attributed to Jesus Christ.

28One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?

29"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'

31The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

Mark- which you might want to read all of

43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'

44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

47And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?

Jesus said:
And I refer to my previous response to this ignorant, sophomoric understanding of Christianity.

Yeah- silly me- quoting Jesus- how sophomoric of me.

No true Christian would think of quoting Jesus.

Jesus said:

This far too oversimplification to use as a defense in so many varied conflicts or moral issues. It is not much different than the retorts "judge not lest ye be judged" or "turn the other cheek." It requires a reasoned and authoritative interpretation or response.

And that is just the beginning of the differences between a skeptic or unbelievers use of Scripture and the proper teachings of Scripture and the Church. Sometimes "love" means to admonish and/or refuse.

Jesus said:

So, homosexuality is okay, since Jesus never said anything about it. Stealing is okay. After all, Jesus never said anything about that, either. Abortion? Well, Jesus never said anything about it, so it's all good. Worshipping idols? Jesus never said anything about that, so that's all good, too. See the problem with trying to condense the entirety of Christian theology to include only those things that Jesus, personally, spoke about? That's why Christianity is based on a Bible, only a tenth of which is devoted to the things Jesus actually said. Because the vast majority of Christian theology is based on things others advised were proper, and good ways for Christians to live.

Jesus said:

This far too oversimplification to use as a defense in so many varied conflicts or moral issues. It is not much different than the retorts "judge not lest ye be judged" or "turn the other cheek." It requires a reasoned and authoritative interpretation or response.

And that is just the beginning of the differences between a skeptic or unbelievers use of Scripture and the proper teachings of Scripture and the Church. Sometimes "love" means to admonish and/or refuse.

Yeah I keep hearing that from Christians who seem to have no problem with pointing to quotes out of the Old Testament but want to rationalize about what Jesus' very clear and specific words meant.

There is not an interpretation of the New Testament which translates that quote to mean 'admonish' or 'refuse'

New International Version

New Living Translation
The second is equally important: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."

English Standard Version
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Berean Study Bible
The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."

Berean Literal Bible
The second is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is not another commandment greater than these."

New American Standard Bible
"The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

King James Bible
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
"The second is: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other command greater than these."

International Standard Version
The second is this: 'You must love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."

NET Bible
The second is: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
The second most important commandment is this: 'Love your neighbor as you love yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."

New American Standard 1977
“The second is this, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Jubilee Bible 2000
And the second is like it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is no other commandment greater than these.

King James 2000 Bible
And the second is like, namely this, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.

American King James Version
And the second is like, namely this, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

American Standard Version
The second is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And the second is like to it: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is no other commandment greater than these.

Darby Bible Translation
And a second like it [is] this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is not another commandment greater than these

Jesus said:

Yeah I keep hearing that from Christians who seem to have no problem with pointing to quotes out of the Old Testament but want to rationalize about what Jesus' very clear and specific words meant.

There is not an interpretation of the New Testament which translates that quote to mean 'admonish' or 'refuse'

New Living Translation
The second is equally important: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."

English Standard Version
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Berean Study Bible
The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."

Berean Literal Bible
The second is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is not another commandment greater than these."

"The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

King James Bible
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

"The second is: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other command greater than these."

The second is this: 'You must love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."

NET Bible
The second is: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

“And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
The second most important commandment is this: 'Love your neighbor as you love yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."

“The second is this, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Jubilee Bible 2000
And the second is like it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is no other commandment greater than these.

King James 2000 Bible
And the second is like, namely this, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.

And the second is like, namely this, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

The second is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And the second is like to it: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is no other commandment greater than these.

Darby Bible Translation
And a second like it [is] this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is not another commandment greater than these

Are you afraid to discuss this?

You really do not understand the word 'love' in its context here. But you block your eyes and ears and just keep yelling it out as though you know something. It appears to me you do not and do not want to learn either.

Jesus said:

So, homosexuality is okay, since Jesus never said anything about it. Stealing is okay. After all, Jesus never said anything about that, either. Abortion? Well, Jesus never said anything about it, so it's all good. Worshipping idols? Jesus never said anything about that, so that's all good, too. See the problem with trying to condense the entirety of Christian theology to include only those things that Jesus, personally, spoke about? That's why Christianity is based on a Bible, only a tenth of which is devoted to the things Jesus actually said. Because the vast majority of Christian theology is based on things others advised were proper, and good ways for Christians to live.

Ah this is fun.

Homosexuality is okay because it is none of your business.

This is not about whether or not Jesus approved or disapproved of homosexuality- or homosexuals- he commanded his followers to love your neighbors- and that would indeed include your gay neighbors.

See the problem with faux Christians is that they want to exclude what Jesus actually said- so that they can hate who they want to hate.

There are only a few references to homosexuality in the entire Bible.
18:22
22"'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

Of course this is in the same section of Leviticus that condemns having sex with a women during her period. And note this applies only to men- not women.

Leviticus 20:13
3"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Or course again this is in the same section of Leviticus that calls for those who curse their parents to be put to death.

9"'Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.

And is in the same section which warns Jews to stay away from 'unclean'

25"'You must therefore make a distinction between clean and unclean animals and between unclean and clean birds. Do not defile yourselves by any animal or bird or anything that moves along the ground--those that I have set apart as unclean for you.

Hmmm do Christians distinguish between 'clean' and 'unclean' animals? 'Clean' and 'unclean' birds?

And then we get to Paul- who never actually met Jesus

26For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;
27and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Paul in this chapter is not condemning homosexuals- he is condemning those who should know god but gave him up

3and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Paul is saying that when men give up on God- God let them be homosexuals. Paul is condemning godlessness- he certainly is not telling any Christian to hate anyone.

So where in the Bible does it say that Christians must hate homosexuals?

Jesus said to love your neighbor- where is Jesus's commandment over-ridden?

Jesus said:

Ah this is fun.

This is not about whether or not Jesus approved or disapproved of homosexuality- or homosexuals- he commanded his followers to love your neighbors- and that would indeed include your gay neighbors.

See the problem with faux Christians is that they want to exclude what Jesus actually said- so that they can hate who they want to hate.

22"'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

Of course this is in the same section of Leviticus that condemns having sex with a women during her period. And note this applies only to men- not women.

3"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Or course again this is in the same section of Leviticus that calls for those who curse their parents to be put to death.

9"'Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.

25"'You must therefore make a distinction between clean and unclean animals and between unclean and clean birds. Do not defile yourselves by any animal or bird or anything that moves along the ground--those that I have set apart as unclean for you.

Hmmm do Christians distinguish between 'clean' and 'unclean' animals? 'Clean' and 'unclean' birds?

26For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;
27and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Paul in this chapter is not condemning homosexuals- he is condemning those who should know god but gave him up

3and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Paul is saying that when men give up on God- God let them be homosexuals. Paul is condemning godlessness- he certainly is not telling any Christian to hate anyone.

Again, the very verse you quoted in Leviticus said to put them to death. But, I'm sure that you're supposed to kill them lovingly. Your interpretation of Paul's writings is interesting, if totally inaccurate. He didn't refer to godlessness, he referred specifically to homosexual behaviour. He wasn't condemning godlessness, he was condemning homosexuality. He further listed homosexuality as one of the "works of the flesh" that are to be condemned, and avoided, at all costs. You can try to reinvent Christian theology so that it has no issue with homosexuality, if you like, but the Bible simply does not concur.

Hey, if you want to try to be a homosexual and a Christian. Feel free. It's irrational, and ignores a basic fundamental principle of Christian theology, but people do irrational things, and ignore reality all the time. You don't like the characterization of "hate"? Fine. Christian theology does not "hate" homosexuals. It just encourages its adherents to hope for, pray for, and celebrate the day when they cease to exist. But, I'm sure they do that "lovingly".

, the Bible is quite clear on one thing. God hates fags, and he wants his followers to, as well..

I missed the part where Jesus said that.

Apparently this quote was mis-translated

Mark 12:31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."
I think there is some confusion as well as to how Christians are supposed to treat fellow believers and sinners. Fellow believers are supposed to know what sin is and avoid it. Thus, a Christian who openly lives a homosexual lifestyle is in sin, as much as a pastor who is having an affair with his secretary. Both need to be called on the carpet by their fellow believers. Sinners, OTOH, are IN SIN, and it frankly doesn't matter WHAT the sin is. They need to see the love of Christ and be drawn to it. Jesus met sinners where they were, but did not leave them there. For example, to the woman caught in adultery He said "Neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more".

I don't think that there is any confusion. Jesus was very clear to his believers on what were the greatest commandments.

Jesus never said to hate sinners.

He did say however, that a man who remarries after divorce is an adulterer (unless the wife(and only the wife) was unfaithful).

So Donald Trump and Newt Gingrich are as much sinners according to Jesus, as any gay man.
Yes, they are. And no, He never indicated that we are to hate sinners. Clearly, He did not.

Jesus said:

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible

King James Bible

NET Bible

GOD'S WORD® Translation

Jubilee Bible 2000

King James 2000 Bible

Douay-Rheims Bible

Darby Bible Translation

Are you afraid to discuss this?

You really do not understand the word 'love' in its context here. But you block your eyes and ears and just keep yelling it out as though you know something. It appears to me you do not and do not want to learn either.

Why are you afraid to discuss this?

Tell me why you want to rationalize that the very word that is interpreted by every major translation of the Bible as 'love' to you means something else?

Why do you insist on rationalizing that Jesus meant something other than what his clear words said?
Matthew 19
The Rich and the Kingdom of God

16Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18“Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “ ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19honor your father and mother,’c and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’d

Just pointing out- Jesus never mentions "And don't have sex with men"

Matthew 5
44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Matthew 22
"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"
37Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
38This is the first and greatest commandment.
39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'
40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Mark 12
33To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."
34When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.

James 2
8If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing right.
But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.

Galatians 5
14For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Romans 13
9The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not covet," and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself.

10Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

And the parable of the Good Samaritan in Luke explains who 'a neighbor' is.

Jesus said:

Ah this is fun.

Again, the very verse you quoted in Leviticus said to put them to death. But, I'm sure that you're supposed to kill them lovingly..

Yes- Leviticus says to put to death men who have sex with each other- just as Leviticus says to put to death anyone who curses their parents.

Do Christians follow the rules of Leviticus? Do Christians refuse to eat unclean fish? Do Christians believe a woman who is having her period is unclean? And that anything she touches is unclean?

Still haven't seen anything in the Bible that commands Christians to hate anyone- let alone homosexuals.

Ah this is fun.

Again, the very verse you quoted in Leviticus said to put them to death. But, I'm sure that you're supposed to kill them lovingly..

Yes- Leviticus says to put to death men who have sex with each other- just as Leviticus says to put to death anyone who curses their parents.

Do Christians follow the rules of Leviticus? Do Christians refuse to eat unclean fish? Do Christians believe a woman who is having her period is unclean? And that anything she touches is unclean?

Still haven't seen anything in the Bible that commands Christians to hate anyone- let alone homosexuals.
I notice you had no suitably smug answer for the rest of the post. Your concession is duly noted.

Jesus said:

Ah this is fun.

Your interpretation of Paul's writings is interesting, if totally inaccurate. He didn't refer to godlessness, he referred specifically to homosexual behaviour. He wasn't condemning godlessness, he was condemning homosexuality. He further listed homosexuality as one of the "works of the flesh" that are to be condemned, and avoided, at all costs. You can try to reinvent Christian theology so that it has no issue with homosexuality, if you like, but the Bible simply does not concur..

Well lets review what Paul said again

God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

To recap:

• Paul is speaking about those 'who suppress truth' 'because God has made it plain to them' and "although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God"
  • Because of this God gives people over to shameful lusts- including men lusting after each other.
  • And murder. And gossip
  • And insolence
  • And they disobey their parents!
Yes- Paul is equating the evil of sex between men with those who disobey their parents. And why are people committing such 'evil' acts?
Because they refuse to accept God and worship God.

Still looking for where you think the Bible tells you to hate homosexuals.

Ah this is fun.

I notice you had no suitably smug answer for the rest of the post. Your concession is duly noted.

I notice you had no answer at all to my post. Your concession began with your first post in this thread.

Jesus said:

Ah this is fun.

Hey, if you want to try to be a homosexual and a Christian. Feel free. It's irrational.

Being a Christian is irrational.

There is nothing more irrational about a Christian homosexual and a Christian Ronald Reagan. They are both irrational when it comes to the Bible.

Forum List

Back