'Christmas will be cancelled this year due to covid'

Heck why not as they have gotten away with everything else without too much push back from the I don't haft to do anything about it crowd.

"Cancel Christmas"

Paid lying bloggers buttering their bread with trumpanzees

Christmas isn't cancelled.
Paid lying bloggers buttering their bread with trumpanzees

Christmas isn't cancelled.
the correct reference should be the Holidays, anyway.

as the event that would be canceled - not their religious intrusion they created to force themselves onto an unsuspecting and free society. with a forged political document disguised as a religion. trumpanzezer's

Let's cancel Christmas because the flu is still out there!

That's just it. We don't want to cancel Christmas because that is when Jesus came into the world to save us.
Xmas comes from a Roman holiday. Nobody knows when Jesus was born.

You are a blathering nincompoop. Where do you get such notions? The atheists' book?

Idiot+book.jpg

Jesus' birth date as December 25th was listed as such on the Roman birth census or Census of Quirinius. The date was confirmed by archbishop Cyril of Jerusalem in the 4th century as he had access to the document. Others have verified the date, too.

You've heard the story of Jesus being born in Bethlehem and that is Mary's birth place. She had to travel there as part of the first census declared by Augustus Caesar (who did it for tax purposes as we still do it around the world for the same).

"And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem;" Luke 2:4

"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem," Matthew 2:1
"
3. The Church was slow to embrace Christmas

Despite the spread of Christianity, midwinter festivals did not become Christmas for hundreds of years. The Bible gives no reference to when Jesus was born, which wasn't a problem for early Christians, Nissenbaum said.

"It never occurred to them that they needed to celebrate his birthday," he said.

With no Biblical directive to do so and no mention in the Gospels of the correct date, it wasn't until the fourth century that church leaders in Rome embraced the holiday. "

Pagan Roots? 5 Surprising Facts About Christmas

So, you just assumed. There is no reference in the Bible for the exact date Jesus was born as God didn't consider it to be important. Thus, what message are you overlooking from this proud exclamation of yours? It's the most important message in the Bible.

If you read the story of Jesus' birth in the Bible and what Christians say about it afterward, then you'd realize it's not the same as from the songs and traditions of Jesus' birthday as we heard. Christians had to learn of his exact birth date like we have to learn of people today because it just so happened to be recorded by decree. It was a coincidence that it matched the time of pagan celebrations. I think the OT people decided to celebrate, too, but not in the same manner. Today, we see Christmas has become basically a pagan holiday. Who puts up nativity scenes? Those are fewer and fewer.

That's just it. We don't want to cancel Christmas because that is when Jesus came into the world to save us.

You are a blathering nincompoop. Where do you get such notions? The atheists' book?

Idiot+book.jpg

Jesus' birth date as December 25th was listed as such on the Roman birth census or Census of Quirinius. The date was confirmed by archbishop Cyril of Jerusalem in the 4th century as he had access to the document. Others have verified the date, too.

You've heard the story of Jesus being born in Bethlehem and that is Mary's birth place. She had to travel there as part of the first census declared by Augustus Caesar (who did it for tax purposes as we still do it around the world for the same).

"And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem;" Luke 2:4

"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem," Matthew 2:1
"

Despite the spread of Christianity, midwinter festivals did not become Christmas for hundreds of years. The Bible gives no reference to when Jesus was born, which wasn't a problem for early Christians, Nissenbaum said.

"It never occurred to them that they needed to celebrate his birthday," he said.

With no Biblical directive to do so and no mention in the Gospels of the correct date, it wasn't until the fourth century that church leaders in Rome embraced the holiday. "

So, you just assumed. There is no reference in the Bible for the exact date Jesus was born as God didn't consider it to be important. Thus, what message are you overlooking from this proud exclamation of yours? It's the most important message in the Bible.

If you read the story of Jesus' birth in the Bible and what Christians say about it afterward, then you'd realize it's not the same as from the songs and traditions of Jesus' birthday as we heard. Christians had to learn of his exact birth date like we have to learn of people today because it just so happened to be recorded by decree. It was a coincidence that it matched the time of pagan celebrations. I think the OT people decided to celebrate, too, but not in the same manner. Today, we see Christmas has become basically a pagan holiday. Who puts up nativity scenes? Those are fewer and fewer.
Where is this decree?

The Gospel of Luke chapter 2 correlates the date of the nativity of Jesus to the census of Quirinius:

In those days a decree went out from Emperor Augustus that all the world should be registered. This was the first registration and was taken while Quirinius was governor of Syria. All went to their own towns to be registered. Joseph also went from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to the city of David called Bethlehem, because he was descended from the house and family of David. He went to be registered with Mary, to whom he was engaged and who was expecting a child.
— Luke 2:1–5
There are major difficulties in accepting Luke's account: the gospel links the birth of Jesus to the reign of Herod the Great, but the census took place in 6 CE, nine years after Herod's death in 4 BCE; there was no single census of the entire empire under Augustus; no Roman census required people to travel from their own homes to those of distant ancestors; and the census of Judea would not have affected Joseph and his family, living in Galilee.[6] Some conservative scholars have argued that Quirinius may have had an earlier and historically unattested term as governor of Syria, or that he previously held other senior positions which may have led him to be involved in the affairs of Judea during Herod's reign, or that the passage should be interpreted in some other fashion.[9][10][11] These "exegetical acrobatics" (in the words of Géza Vermes),[12] spring from the assumption that the Bible is inerrant.[13] They have generally been rejected because there is no time in the career of Quirinius before 6 CE when he could have served as governor of Syria, the Romans did not directly tax client kingdoms, and the hostile reaction of the Jews in 6 CE suggests direct taxation by Rome was new at the time.[14][15] Most scholars have therefore concluded that Luke's account is an error.[6]

There are major difficulties in accepting Luke's account: the gospel links the birth of Jesus to the reign of Herod the Great, but the census took place in 6 CE, nine years after Herod's death in 4 BCE; there was no single census of the entire empire under Augustus; no Roman census required people to travel from their own homes to those of distant ancestors; and the census of Judea would not have affected Joseph and his family, living in Galilee.[6] Some conservative scholars have argued that Quirinius may have had an earlier and historically unattested term as governor of Syria, or that he previously held other senior positions which may have led him to be involved in the affairs of Judea during Herod's reign, or that the passage should be interpreted in some other fashion.[9][10][11] These "exegetical acrobatics" (in the words of Géza Vermes),[12] spring from the assumption that the Bible is inerrant.[13] They have generally been rejected because there is no time in the career of Quirinius before 6 CE when he could have served as governor of Syria, the Romans did not directly tax client kingdoms, and the hostile reaction of the Jews in 6 CE suggests direct taxation by Rome was new at the time.[14][15] Most scholars have therefore concluded that Luke's account is an error.[6]
It is not as if precise calendars were kept back in the day. Apparently the census was a well-known event at the time, likely because it was against Jewish laws to have a direct count of the people. Today when we are speaking and don't have the date at the tip of our tongues, we might say, "Back around the time Reagan was President..." That could easily cover a ten year period. It appears Luke was saying he didn't know exactly when Jesus was born, but it was around the time that hated, unlawful census occurred.

Who puts up nativity scenes?
Me. And I'm not a believer, either. But the story of hope coming into the world via quiet, humble people in a barn and a Star and all that...
At the darkest time of year
Is a story I love. Hope is good. Good guys is good.

I've had the same Nativity figures since I bought them in Neisners when I was 16. Had to replace the stable once. One of the sheep has had an unforeseen amputation due to a clumsy cat. There's a star cut out on the front and I put a light in there. Love my creche, best decoration I've got.

It is not as if precise calendars were kept back in the day. Apparently the census was a well-known event at the time, likely because it was against Jewish laws to have a direct count of the people. Today when we are speaking and don't have the date at the tip of our tongues, we might say, "Back around the time Reagan was President..." That could easily cover a ten year period. It appears Luke was saying he didn't know exactly when Jesus was born, but it was around the time that hated, unlawful census occurred.
That's reasonable. The date was chosen to dovetail with the traditional solstice celebrations that had been going on forever, which is perfectly fine. The whole celebration, whether pagan or Christian is about the fervent prayers for life and light to return. It made it much easier to convert the pagans when they could tie Jesus to an honored celebration of their own. Iirc, in the 4th century when Cyril decreed Dec. 25 to be the day, there was a lot of converting the pagans going on.

Idiot+book.jpg

Love the Idiots Guide! Lol

Heck why not as they have gotten away with everything else without too much push back from the I don't haft to do anything about it crowd.

Fauci is Heinrich Himmler reincarnated, which is quite the feat, considering Fauci's religious and ethnic origins. Fauci's "final solution" however is plainly visible for the entire world to see. Above that, no one will be cancelling our Christmas, same as no one cancelled our Thanksgiving, which included seventeen people from eight different households. All throughout our Thanksgiving dinner this year I sporadically patrolled a few blocks around my relative's home, heavily armed, just to get a sense of which way the "wind" might blow. No one bothered us and the meal was a stunning success: roast beef and turkey and steamed shrimp, excellent conversation, warm family togetherness. And so it shall be with our family Christmas, and no state actor will be allowed within a hundred yards of our celebration location. One must do whatever one must do . . .
Find a copy of the book "Those were the days," and read it closely. It would educate you immensely about Himmler and the nazis.

So put up your Christmas lights, spike the eggnog, do your Christmas shopping online and bake your cookies. Say your prayers, play your Christmas carols, Zoom your family that lives out of town and forego the Christmas open house and the big meal with 20 people this year.

It takes pretty big cajones to bitch about Christmas restrictions when you turn around and say that you'll refuse the vaccine that could stop this unhappiness from being repeated next year.

It being Jesus's birthday, maybe you should give a little thought to his wish, Love your neighbor as yourself.
5 likes and 4 hates. The Christmas fairies are finally ahead!
Best wishes for a Joyous Christmas to all, even the haters.

Idiot+book.jpg

"

Where is this decree?

I don't know where it is now, as it is from prehistoric times and written on papyrus, but maybe you can learn something from -- StackPath

Fauci is Heinrich Himmler reincarnated, which is quite the feat, considering Fauci's religious and ethnic origins. Fauci's "final solution" however is plainly visible for the entire world to see. Above that, no one will be cancelling our Christmas, same as no one cancelled our Thanksgiving, which included seventeen people from eight different households. All throughout our Thanksgiving dinner this year I sporadically patrolled a few blocks around my relative's home, heavily armed, just to get a sense of which way the "wind" might blow. No one bothered us and the meal was a stunning success: roast beef and turkey and steamed shrimp, excellent conversation, warm family togetherness. And so it shall be with our family Christmas, and no state actor will be allowed within a hundred yards of our celebration location. One must do whatever one must do . . .
Find a copy of the book "Those were the days," and read it closely. It would educate you immensely about Himmler and the nazis.

My presumption is you think you know Dr. Anthony Fauci well enough to defend his character when I compare him to H. Himmler. But you and I both know you do not know him in any way, shape or form. I stand by said comparison—firmly on both feet. Although I have read the title you recommend, I will still thank you . . . as I than every book recommendation.

Idiot+book.jpg

"

Where is this decree?

I don't know where it is now, as it is from prehistoric times and written on papyrus, but maybe you can learn something from -- StackPath
Interesting, but doesn’t prove Jesus’ birthday, just a lot of mumble jumbo.

Idiot+book.jpg

"

Where is this decree?

Interesting, but doesn’t prove Jesus’ birthday, just a lot of mumble jumbo.

Go read your book :icon_rolleyes: .

Forum List

Back