Christy bans gay conversion "therapy"

It's threads like this that show you how far out of touch with reality the far right has become. Look at the whack jobs in this thread who can't understand how someone with an (R) next to their name would ever do something reasonable like this.

And you people wonder why your candidates keep losing major elections.

what is a "major election"?

the GOP controls the HOR and 30 governors are GOP

Christy should take the next step and just BAN all therapy...If he finds this one should be banned none of them can be good for a person

GO CHRISTY, GO GOVERNMENT...ban ban ban

lets give a clue to ban abortion, call him folks suggest it

Research has been done on this type of therapy and it's been found to be basically a harmful fraud.
http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resource...proven not to work &__utmv=-&__utmk=193237549

So in other words. Christy is stopping a fraud practiced by unqualified snake oil salesmen. It can be harmful to the "patient" and of course there's the cost of this unproven practice which goes against professional studies.
States often outlaw fraudulent scams to protect it's citizens and this is no different.

Wow, nothing like a good old government crackdown on people just trying to cure a mental illness.

I guess Christie really is another moderate Repub looking to appease the progressive shitbags, as if they would ever choose him over Hitlery.

God help us if the Repubs nominate another McCain/Romney type....

Have govt try to "fix" you then see how much you support it.

But like most cons, if it aint you, you don't care.

It's threads like this that show you how far out of touch with reality the far right has become. Look at the whack jobs in this thread who can't understand how someone with an (R) next to their name would ever do something reasonable like this.

They'll start another thread saying how they respect a big tent mentality too...as long as everyone in the tent thinks the same

President seems like a pretty major election, don't ya think?

Chris Christie To Sign Gay Conversion Therapy Ban

Gov. Chris Christie plans to sign a bill Monday barring licensed therapists from trying to turn gay teenagers straight, making New Jersey the second state to ban so-called conversion therapy, along with California.

The bill passed both houses of the New Jersey Legislature with bipartisan support in June. Assemblyman Tim Eustace, who sponsored the bill and is openly gay, described the therapy as "an insidious form of child abuse."

Well ............ its a start.

And, looks more and ore like he's running for prez.

About his stomach stapling surgery - does it look like he's lost weight?

True.

And it’s going to be a real headache for social conservatives and Christian fundamentalists.

They hate him already.

I didnt think it was reasonable to dictate what kinds of therapies should be available to the public. I thought liberals always rapped conservatives for wanting to dictate how people live their lives. I guess the opposite is the case. Liberals are the biggest fucking hypocrites to walk the planet.

President seems like a pretty major election, don't ya think?

Actually governor seems pretty major, since they are actually elected by people. Unlike Obama who was not elected by the people.

I didnt think it was reasonable to dictate what kinds of therapies should be available to the public. I thought liberals always rapped conservatives for wanting to dictate how people live their lives. I guess the opposite is the case. Liberals are the biggest fucking hypocrites to walk the planet.

What about casting spells?

What about casting spells?

No one's stopping you, Einstein.

Chris Christie To Sign Gay Conversion Therapy Ban

Gov. Chris Christie plans to sign a bill Monday barring licensed therapists from trying to turn gay teenagers straight, making New Jersey the second state to ban so-called conversion therapy, along with California.

The bill passed both houses of the New Jersey Legislature with bipartisan support in June. Assemblyman Tim Eustace, who sponsored the bill and is openly gay, described the therapy as "an insidious form of child abuse."

Well ............ its a start.

And, looks more and ore like he's running for prez.

About his stomach stapling surgery - does it look like he's lost weight?

True.

And it’s going to be a real headache for social conservatives and Christian fundamentalists.

oh dear gawd...you're frikken out there...you liberals are loving Christy YOU VOTE FOR HIM...or do you have a problem with that?

"That's what happens when blacks run things"

Now go away.

but remember, it's the right who isn't in touch with reality...wanting freedoms of CHOICE is only for ABORTION and it's only those left wing abortion lovers that are IN TOUCH with reality..

man I laugh now, at those in touch with realty left wingers

but remember, it's the right who isn't in touch with reality...wanting freedoms of CHOICE is only for ABORTION and it's only those left wing abortion lovers that are IN TOUCH with reality..

man I laugh now, at those in touch with realty left wingers

You laugh a people who touch houses?

"That's what happens when blacks run things"

Now go away.
I didnt know Christy was black. Maybe that's why he's so successful.
Nice dodge from the issue though. Isn't it conservatives who are always trying to tell people what to do? Uh, no. It's actually libs.

Christy should take the next step and just BAN all therapy...If he finds this one should be banned none of them can be good for a person

GO CHRISTY, GO GOVERNMENT...ban ban ban

lets give a clue to ban abortion, call him folks suggest it

Research has been done on this type of therapy and it's been found to be basically a harmful fraud.
http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resource...proven not to work &__utmv=-&__utmk=193237549

So in other words. Christy is stopping a fraud practiced by unqualified snake oil salesmen. It can be harmful to the "patient" and of course there's the cost of this unproven practice which goes against professional studies.
States often outlaw fraudulent scams to protect it's citizens and this is no different.

that isn't up to Christy...he isn't the god elected to the reside over the state and people

Last edited:

Forum List

Back