Christy bans gay conversion "therapy"

Chris Christie To Sign Gay Conversion Therapy Ban

Gov. Chris Christie plans to sign a bill Monday barring licensed therapists from trying to turn gay teenagers straight, making New Jersey the second state to ban so-called conversion therapy, along with California.

The bill passed both houses of the New Jersey Legislature with bipartisan support in June. Assemblyman Tim Eustace, who sponsored the bill and is openly gay, described the therapy as "an insidious form of child abuse."

Christie is becoming more blue as the days pass. He should not sign this bill that interferes with private practice in the field of mental hearth. It is the parents responsibility to determine which licensed therapist they send their kids to, regardless of the outcome. Freedom to choose, does come with a risk but I would rather take those risks than not have freedom to choose available to me because of some dictator having the audacity and power to remove that freedom.

I believe homosexual teens cannot nor should not be "helped" to change their orientation, but the FREEDOM to choose, another direction should trump government intervention and be left in the hands of the parents.

I could never support the Dem in disguise, Christie.

Gov. Chris Christie plans to sign a bill Monday barring licensed therapists from trying to turn gay teenagers straight, making New Jersey the second state to ban so-called conversion therapy, along with California.

The bill passed both houses of the New Jersey Legislature with bipartisan support in June. Assemblyman Tim Eustace, who sponsored the bill and is openly gay, described the therapy as "an insidious form of child abuse."

Christie is becoming more blue as the days pass. He should not sign this bill that interferes with private practice in the field of mental hearth. It is the parents responsibility to determine which licensed therapist they send their kids to, regardless of the outcome. Freedom to choose, does come with a risk but I would rather take those risks than not have freedom to choose available to me because of some dictator having the audacity and power to remove that freedom.

I believe homosexual teens cannot nor should not be "helped" to change their orientation, but the FREEDOM to choose, another direction should trump government intervention and be left in the hands of the parents.

I could never support the Dem in disguise, Christie.

Brilliant Post....I'm with You on this...:wink_2:

Calling it therapy is confusing people. Call it wizardry and maybe they will see how illegitimate it really is

Those right wingers hate him because they love torture and I guess he doesn't.

wow, abortion works...we've become a hopeless sick society

homosexual therapy=bad
aborting your children=GOOD AND WORKS

Well ............ its a start.

And, looks more and ore like he's running for prez.

About his stomach stapling surgery - does it look like he's lost weight?

Licensed therapists require a legitimate diagnosis in order to treat someone. Since there is no legitimate diagnosis a therapist should lose their license if they treat a minor under these circumstances.

bet you these same people cheering him taking away freedom of choice would be screaming bloody hell if it was ABORTION

you can bet on that

Abortion works. Gay conversion does not.

Get it?

Yes it is keeping the darky population down well isn't it you racist fuck?

:eusa_eh:

Let's recap.

I make no reference to race or anyone in particular.

You use the term "darky population"

And somehow I'm the racist.

Gays do have the right of free-speech and whining...that's for sure.

I'm thinking some may be born Gay and there's a high probability that for many it could be a learned/influenced choice. Finding your sexual identity is highly personal and may very well require "therapy", the ones that love you would know best. Government...... "F" off.

Christy should take the next step and just BAN all therapy...If he finds this one should be banned none of them can be good for a person

GO CHRISTY, GO GOVERNMENT...ban ban ban

lets give a clue to ban abortion, call him folks suggest it

Research has been done on this type of therapy and it's been found to be basically a harmful fraud.
http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resource...proven not to work &__utmv=-&__utmk=193237549

So in other words. Christy is stopping a fraud practiced by unqualified snake oil salesmen. It can be harmful to the "patient" and of course there's the cost of this unproven practice which goes against professional studies.
States often outlaw fraudulent scams to protect it's citizens and this is no different.

that isn't up to Christy...he isn't the god elected to the reside over the state and people

Using your logic, there should be no laws.. :cuckoo: Christy signs off or vetoes on legislative laws, that's one of his constitutional responsibilities.
As noted within my link, this therapy isn't really therapy and has been found to be harmful to the "patient). The law was legislated to protect NJ's citizens.

Last edited:
Gays do have the right of free-speech and whining...that's for sure.

I'm thinking some may be born Gay and there's a high probability that for many it could be a learned/influenced choice. Finding your sexual identity is highly personal and may very well require "therapy", the ones that love you would know best. Government...... "F" off.

How about therapy that has been clinically proven? In this case the said therapy hasn't been clinically proven but has only proved to be harmful.

Forum List

Back