Christy bans gay conversion "therapy"

Chris Christie To Sign Gay Conversion Therapy Ban

Well ............ its a start.

And, looks more and ore like he's running for prez.

About his stomach stapling surgery - does it look like he's lost weight?

True.

And it’s going to be a real headache for social conservatives and Christian fundamentalists.

Why is Christie posturing for reelection in New Jersey going to bother anyone outside New Jersey?

in clays partisan hack world it will...

It's threads like this that show you how far out of touch with reality the far right has become. Look at the whack jobs in this thread who can't understand how someone with an (R) next to their name would ever do something reasonable like this.

And you people wonder why your candidates keep losing major elections.

Why is it reasonable to interfere with a doctor/patient relationship in some circumstances, but not others? Is it because you agree with one, but not the other?

Christy should take the next step and just BAN all therapy...If he finds this one should be banned none of them can be good for a person

GO CHRISTY, GO GOVERNMENT...ban ban ban

lets give a clue to ban abortion, call him folks suggest it

Research has been done on this type of therapy and it's been found to be basically a harmful fraud.
http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resource...proven not to work &__utmv=-&__utmk=193237549

So in other words. Christy is stopping a fraud practiced by unqualified snake oil salesmen. It can be harmful to the "patient" and of course there's the cost of this unproven practice which goes against professional studies.
States often outlaw fraudulent scams to protect it's citizens and this is no different.

Funny how you make a claim, and then don't back it up. Is that typical of your debating style, or does it only apply when the government does something you like?

what parents do with their children is none of your business if they aren't being abused, sexual abused, beaten, etc etc..

but carry on with your all's dumb over some homosexual therapy...

Yet the American Psychological Association (APA) found that the therapy didn't work and "loss of sexual feeling, depression, suicidality and anxiety." So in fact the parents are putting their children at psychological risk with a practice that has been proved not to work.
[]

Those are pretty much feelings gays have anyway.

Thanks to intolerant asshats, yes they do sometimes have those feelings. Maybe we should send ugly people to therapy for the same reason. It's likely to be just as successful at conversion.

Chris Christie To Sign Gay Conversion Therapy Ban

Well ............ its a start.

And, looks more and ore like he's running for prez.

About his stomach stapling surgery - does it look like he's lost weight?

True.

And it’s going to be a real headache for social conservatives and Christian fundamentalists.

They hate him already.

Anybody that was going to hate him started when he wanted to ban guns.

It's threads like this that show you how far out of touch with reality the far right has become. Look at the whack jobs in this thread who can't understand how someone with an (R) next to their name would ever do something reasonable like this.

Why is it reasonable to interfere with a doctor/patient relationship in some circumstances, but not others? Is it because you agree with one, but not the other?

Well since this isnt happening at all we dont have to worry about it.
But nice try at lying about the situation.

ok he banned it for minors...then he should ban abortions for minors next

they can be harmful to them

I firmly believe parental consent should be required.

It isn't in New Jersey. Only parental notification.

humm, well see if he does it for abortion

He cant ban it just because you want it. The Homo therapy is classified as abuse by many professionals. Abortion? You just don't like it

how cute the left sticking up for Christy and how some might hate him..

yet they don't love him enough to vote for him if he's up against the Hillary..

but the love today is touching

Yet the American Psychological Association (APA) found that the therapy didn't work and "loss of sexual feeling, depression, suicidality and anxiety." So in fact the parents are putting their children at psychological risk with a practice that has been proved not to work.
[]

Those are pretty much feelings gays have anyway.

Thanks to intolerant asshats, yes they do sometimes have those feelings. Maybe we should send ugly people to therapy for the same reason. It's likely to be just as successful at conversion.

No, it isn't intolerant asshats. It's the basic contradiction that they just aren't getting the Tab A goes in Slot B thing.

how cute the left sticking up for Christy and how some might hate him..

yet they don't love him enough to vote for him if he's up against the Hillary..

but the love today is touching

Anyone could've banned it and would've gotten support. Its just witch doctor. Has nothing to do with Partisan bullshit. I know, I know...You don't understand how could anyone look at the topic without inserting politics into it.

Last edited:
Christy should take the next step and just BAN all therapy...If he finds this one should be banned none of them can be good for a person

GO CHRISTY, GO GOVERNMENT...ban ban ban

lets give a clue to ban abortion, call him folks suggest it

Research has been done on this type of therapy and it's been found to be basically a harmful fraud.
http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resource...proven not to work &__utmv=-&__utmk=193237549

So in other words. Christy is stopping a fraud practiced by unqualified snake oil salesmen. It can be harmful to the "patient" and of course there's the cost of this unproven practice which goes against professional studies.
States often outlaw fraudulent scams to protect it's citizens and this is no different.

Funny how you make a claim, and then don't back it up. Is that typical of your debating style, or does it only apply when the government does something you like?

Didn't back it up? Geez QW, for some odd reason I don't think you read posts, you must skim read. I used three resources in my posts! And that's how I post consistently, I back them up and that sucks for you every time I do. Now QW will demonize my resources.

Attachments

• $images 2.jpg
    $images 2.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 41
Didn't back it up? Geez QW, for some odd reason I don't think you read posts, you must skim read. I used three resources in my posts! And that's how I post consistently, I back them up and that sucks for you every time I do. Now QW will demonize my resources.

Everybody knows that the American Medical Association, American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, the American Counseling Association, the National Association of Social Workers, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the National Association of School Psychologists, and the American Academy of Physician Assistants are a bunch of liberal indoctrination groups. :cool:

dvcxb.gif

Well since this isnt happening at all we dont have to worry about it.
But nice try at lying about the situation.

It has happened in two states now, what do you mean it isn't happening?

If adults want to try any kind of therapy, it should be up to them. I can't see forcing people to do things.

I also don't think 'we the people' should be forced to purchase things, but the left is all about freedom as long as we do as they say.

There was only one link in the post I quoted.

As for what that report says, the abstract says this.

The American Psychological Association Task Force on Appropriate Therapeutic Responses to Sexual Orientation conducted a systematic review of the peer-reviewed journal literature on sexual orientation change efforts (SOCE) and concluded that efforts to change sexual orientation are unlikely to be successful and involve some risk of harm, contrary to the claims of SOCE practitioners and advocates. Even though the research and clinical literature demonstrate that same-sex sexual and romantic attractions, feelings, and behaviors are normal and positive variations of human sexuality, regardless of sexual orientation identity, the task force concluded that the population that undergoes SOCE tends to have strongly conservative religious views that lead them to seek to change their sexual orientation. Thus, the appropriate application of affirmative therapeutic interventions for those who seek SOCE involves therapist acceptance, support, and understanding of clients and the facilitation of clients’ active coping, social support, and identity exploration and development, without imposing a specific sexual orientation identity outcome.

Doesn't say a damn think about abuse there, does it? In fact, it concludes that not giving people the therapy they want is abusive.

I bel;ieve that programs should be implemented for the reeducation of Tea Party people. Mental illness can sometimes be sucessfully treated. "A mind is a terrible thing to lose", in the words of Dan Qyuale.

There was only one link in the post I quoted.

As for what that report says, the abstract says this.

The American Psychological Association Task Force on Appropriate Therapeutic Responses to Sexual Orientation conducted a systematic review of the peer-reviewed journal literature on sexual orientation change efforts (SOCE) and concluded that efforts to change sexual orientation are unlikely to be successful and involve some risk of harm, contrary to the claims of SOCE practitioners and advocates. Even though the research and clinical literature demonstrate that same-sex sexual and romantic attractions, feelings, and behaviors are normal and positive variations of human sexuality, regardless of sexual orientation identity, the task force concluded that the population that undergoes SOCE tends to have strongly conservative religious views that lead them to seek to change their sexual orientation. Thus, the appropriate application of affirmative therapeutic interventions for those who seek SOCE involves therapist acceptance, support, and understanding of clients and the facilitation of clients’ active coping, social support, and identity exploration and development, without imposing a specific sexual orientation identity outcome.

Doesn't say a damn think about abuse there, does it? In fact, it concludes that not giving people the therapy they want is abusive.

Thanks for confirming that you skim posts. In the post that you replied to, I posted the following "I used three resources in my posts! Now you will notice I posted "posts", which would indicate plural. Now go back to my post #66. What do you see?
Thank you for your attention.

Forum List

Back