Christy bans gay conversion "therapy"

Gays do have the right of free-speech and whining...that's for sure.

I'm thinking some may be born Gay and there's a high probability that for many it could be a learned/influenced choice. Finding your sexual identity is highly personal and may very well require "therapy", the ones that love you would know best. Government...... "F" off.

With all due respect Lumpy who would ever make that "choice" if their natural instinct was for the opposite sex? If it is a "learned/influenced choice" as you suggest then who were the primary influences on the child? Aren't they the same people now trying to "unlearn" that "influence" by sending the child to therapy? Shouldn't they, themselves, be undergoing therapy to figure out what they did to their own child? And if they did it to one child then why didn't it happen to all of their children? If I was a parent with a gay child and it was because of something that I had done I would most certainly question myself before I would blame my own child. The reality is that it is no more of a "choice" than the color of your eyes or being left handed. The weird thing is that when I was growing up one of my friends who lived across the street was left handed and his father used to force him to use his right hand or otherwise he would be punished. Still don't understand that to this day.

I plan on starting my own "therapy" practice. Asshole conversion therapy. We treat the fuckwad parents who would subject their children to "gay conversion therapy".

I plan on starting my own "therapy" practice. Asshole conversion therapy. We treat the fuckwad parents who would subject their children to "gay conversion therapy".

what parents do with their children is none of your business if they aren't being abused, sexual abused, beaten, etc etc..

but carry on with your all's dumb over some homosexual therapy...

Last edited:

what parents do with their children is none of your business if they aren't being abused, sexual abused, beaten, etc etc..

Conversion therapy has been proven harmful, and is advised against by nearly every reputable medical association. It is child abuse.

Yet the American Psychological Association (APA) found that the therapy didn't work and "loss of sexual feeling, depression, suicidality and anxiety." So in fact the parents are putting their children at psychological risk with a practice that has been proved not to work.
Gay Conversion Therapy: What You Should Know

For further information on the APA's studies one can go to
Just the Facts about Sexual Orientation & Youth: A Primer for Principals, Educators & School Personnel

APA Resolution on "Reparative Therapy"

Christie (not Christy) banned conversion therapy for minors, not adults. Which is good since it is not efficacious, and may actually be harmful (making it child abuse).

Adults are still free to pay someone to try to get their compass needle to point toward vaginas.

SON: Father, I am gay.

DAD: Then God hates you, son. You are going to burn in hell forever. Let us pray.

SON: I should pray to someone who is going to cast me in the fires of hell forever?

DAD: Um, yeah. Ask him to make you straight. You'll be wanting to marry a goat next if you don't. That's just the way you mentally defective fags are.

SON: Gee, I'm feeling psychologically healthier already. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
ok he banned it for minors...then he should ban abortions for minors next

they can be harmful to them

It's threads like this that show you how far out of touch with reality the far right has become. Look at the whack jobs in this thread who can't understand how someone with an (R) next to their name would ever do something reasonable like this.

And you people wonder why your candidates keep losing major elections.

what is a "major election"?

the GOP controls the HOR and 30 governors are GOP

President seems like a pretty major election, don't ya think?

never mind you lost the previous two.

didya forget dat?

ok he banned it for minors...then he should ban abortions for minors next

they can be harmful to them

I firmly believe parental consent should be required.

It isn't in New Jersey. Only parental notification.

what is a "major election"?

the GOP controls the HOR and 30 governors are GOP

President seems like a pretty major election, don't ya think?

never mind you lost the previous two.

didya forget dat?

And now Republicans accuse Bush of being a RINO. They are accusing one of those governors of being a RINO in this very topic. They accuse any of those congressmen of being RINOs on a regular basis if they don't tow party lines. Sounds to me like that "big tent" is ever-shrinking.

Chris Christie To Sign Gay Conversion Therapy Ban

Gov. Chris Christie plans to sign a bill Monday barring licensed therapists from trying to turn gay teenagers straight, making New Jersey the second state to ban so-called conversion therapy, along with California.

The bill passed both houses of the New Jersey Legislature with bipartisan support in June. Assemblyman Tim Eustace, who sponsored the bill and is openly gay, described the therapy as "an insidious form of child abuse."
Well ............ its a start.

And, looks more and ore like he's running for prez.

About his stomach stapling surgery - does it look like he's lost weight?

You think he did good because he signed a law that interferes with parental rights and the doctor patient/relationship?

Why am I not surprised?

Yet the American Psychological Association (APA) found that the therapy didn't work and "loss of sexual feeling, depression, suicidality and anxiety." So in fact the parents are putting their children at psychological risk with a practice that has been proved not to work.
[]

Those are pretty much feelings gays have anyway.

Glad it was banned. It amounts to child abuse, and any parent who takes their kid to these quacks needs to be charged.

Why is it child abuse to tell a child that they have a choice about their sexual preference, but not to tell a boy that they are really a girl? Why is it legal to get a child therapy to help it believe that it is a different sex, but illegal to tell that same child that it can chose whatever sexual preference they want?

Chris Christie To Sign Gay Conversion Therapy Ban

Gov. Chris Christie plans to sign a bill Monday barring licensed therapists from trying to turn gay teenagers straight, making New Jersey the second state to ban so-called conversion therapy, along with California.

The bill passed both houses of the New Jersey Legislature with bipartisan support in June. Assemblyman Tim Eustace, who sponsored the bill and is openly gay, described the therapy as "an insidious form of child abuse."
Well ............ its a start.

And, looks more and ore like he's running for prez.

About his stomach stapling surgery - does it look like he's lost weight?

True.

And it’s going to be a real headache for social conservatives and Christian fundamentalists.

Why is Christie posturing for reelection in New Jersey going to bother anyone outside New Jersey?

[]

Those are pretty much feelings gays have anyway.

You should seek help then if you have all those....dont mask your feelings with random dick in your ass...

Forum List

Back