Church denies funeral to gay man

The greatest of the heresies of modern day evangelicalism and fundamentalism assume the Bible is literal, only they can interpret it correctly, and Pharisaical build a fence around it. Ulysses, Androw, and JimBowie are heretical Pharisees of our day. God warned about them. They attempt to keep God in a box like a frog.

You don't even see how your argument contradicts itself. That's odd.

Tell me this.... is it possible to have a heresy of a believe system that is not literal?

If you have a belief system that is entirely based on figurative interpretation.... can you even have a heresy?

Using your own tools against you is contradictory is an odd statement. Armies use similar tools against one another. I am using your words to show that you preach hate instead of love, and that you serve demonic rather than angelic forces.

What? You didn't use my tools, or any tools. You said that Biblical faith was not literal, which implies figurative. Yet at the same time you suggested I was engaging in heresy.

Is it possible, to have a heresy of a belief system you think is figurative? This is a yes or no question. If you think yes, I'd love to hear you explain how.

As for me serving demons and such.... What part of "I don't care what you think of me" did you not get from the last time we talked?

Your opinion of me, and my religious beliefs, could not possibly be any lower on my care-o-meter than the zero it is.

"You serve demons!" Ok... don't care what you think. Just like before, has not changed in the present, and will remain so in the future.

"You are preaching hate and not love!" Oh is that what you think? Still don't care. Whatever floats your boat dude. Doesn't matter to me.

If at any point, what you think of me, starts to matter to me, I'll send you a note. Just hold your breath, and wait by your email until then. :lol:

Androw, your denial reveals that you do not serve and do not understand God.

Your figurative heresy theory is nonsense, nothing that anyone need play with.

You are a heretic, meaning you are in error. Continue in this path and you will become an apostate, whose opinions are rebuked as clearly by Jesus as he did those of the Pharisees.

Androw, your denial reveals that you do not serve and do not understand God.

Your figurative heresy theory is nonsense, nothing that anyone need play with.

You are a heretic, meaning you are in error. Continue in this path and you will become an apostate, whose opinions are rebuked as clearly by Jesus as he did those of the Pharisees.

Right, the figurative path, by the figurative Jesus, who figuratively rebuked me. Ok... Thanks Jake. I had a great time laughing at these posts.

Have a nice day Jake. I'm moving on. :)

This whole funeral for a deceased gay is really a WWJD issue. I am trying to picture Jesus telling his followers that the Temple can not be profaned by the funeral of a man who was gay. In fact, I find it absolutely impossible to imagine him doing that.

But, so be it. I was a Baptist when I was growing up, and the fact that they had no room in the church for a man with dark skin was enough to convince me that organized religion is the pits.

WWJD?

Was there ever a story in the bible where Jesus accepted a sinner who openly sinned and promised to keep on sinning?

Not that I am aware of.

Each time Jesus talked, he would help only those who made an honest effort to quit sinning.

A gay man who marries another gay man not only admits that he will keep on sinning, he celebrates it.

I'm pretty sure I know what Jesus would have done.

Mark

This whole funeral for a deceased gay is really a WWJD issue. I am trying to picture Jesus telling his followers that the Temple can not be profaned by the funeral of a man who was gay. In fact, I find it absolutely impossible to imagine him doing that.

But, so be it. I was a Baptist when I was growing up, and the fact that they had no room in the church for a man with dark skin was enough to convince me that organized religion is the pits.

WWJD?

Was there ever a story in the bible where Jesus accepted a sinner who openly sinned and promised to keep on sinning?

Not that I am aware of.

Each time Jesus talked, he would help only those who made an honest effort to quit sinning.

A gay man who marries another gay man not only admits that he will keep on sinning, he celebrates it.

Mark

Considering that Jesus was possibly gay himself, he never said anything against gays. You suffer an epic fail. Please try agin soon.

The greatest of the heresies of modern day evangelicalism and fundamentalism assume the Bible is literal, only they can interpret it correctly, and Pharisaical build a fence around it. Ulysses, Androw, and JimBowie are heretical Pharisees of our day. God warned about them. They attempt to keep God in a box like a frog.

I still have no problem calling you a false prophet. You have yet to quote 1 Scripture, should I tell you why you have not quoted just 1 Scripture. You are one of whom Jesus spoke when He said.

Luke 11:…17But He knew their thoughts and said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and a house divided against itself falls. 18"If Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say that I cast out demons by Beelzebul. 19"And if I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? So they will be your judges.…

Matthew 12:…24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons." 25And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26"If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand?…

Mark 3:…23And He called them to Himself and began speaking to them in parables, "How can Satan cast out Satan? 24"If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25"If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. 26"If Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but he is finished!

God felt it important enough to include in 3 of the Gospels. You can't quote Scripture Jake, because you don't know what it means. You could probably post a verse here or there, but you would not be able to use it in context and would be made to look like a fool.

I still have no problem calling you a false prophet. You have yet to quote 1 Scripture, should I tell you why you have not quoted just 1 Scripture. You are one of whom Jesus spoke when He said.

Luke 11:…17But He knew their thoughts and said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and a house divided against itself falls. 18"If Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say that I cast out demons by Beelzebul. 19"And if I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? So they will be your judges.…

Matthew 12:…24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons." 25And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26"If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand?…

Mark 3:…23And He called them to Himself and began speaking to them in parables, "How can Satan cast out Satan? 24"If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25"If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. 26"If Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but he is finished!

God felt it important enough to include in 3 of the Gospels. You can't quote Scripture Jake, because you don't know what it means. You could probably post a verse here or there, but you would not be able to use it in context and would be made to look like a fool.
A fool is someone who thinks "God felt it important enough to include in 3 of the Gospels". God didn't write the bible, men did. Now you know.

WWJD?

Not that I am aware of.

Mark

Considering that Jesus was possibly gay himself, he never said anything against gays. You suffer an epic fail. Please try agin soon.

:lol: All you have is insults, and innuendo, and you grasp at straws. The whole Bible speaks against sin and it tells pretty harshly that homosexual acts are sins.

Mark 10: 6"But from the beginning of creation, God MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE.

Matthew 19: 4And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE,

But please Billy, try again soon, when you grow up, in a few years. :lol:

A fool is someone who thinks "God felt it important enough to include in 3 of the Gospels". God didn't write the bible, men did. Now you know.

2 Peter 1:20But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation,

NIV version: Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation of things.

NET Bible: Above all, you do well if you recognize this: No prophecy of scripture ever comes about by the prophet's own imagination,

Weymouth New Testament: But, above all, remember that no prophecy in Scripture will be found to have come from the prophet's own prompting;

Young's Literal translation: this first knowing, that no prophecy of the Writing doth come of private exposition,

All that is included in the Bible, is the Word of God, and I am sorry that you hate that, Billy.

Even the biggest sinner, I think that Jesus would have forgiven and done everything in his power to make sure this person got into Heaven. Most churches conduct themselves based upon their donations and have NOTHING to do with Jesus anymore. I believe a lot of churches are MORE sinful than a gay person could EVER be.

2 Peter 1:20But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation,

NIV version: Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation of things.

NET Bible: Above all, you do well if you recognize this: No prophecy of scripture ever comes about by the prophet's own imagination,

Weymouth New Testament: But, above all, remember that no prophecy in Scripture will be found to have come from the prophet's own prompting;

Young's Literal translation: this first knowing, that no prophecy of the Writing doth come of private exposition,

All that is included in the Bible, is the Word of God, and I am sorry that you hate that, Billy.
I don't hate it, I'm just trying to help you not be so deluded since the bible is fiction, written by men several generations after the "fact". Meaning there's no proof that any of the bible is the word of god. None. Plus, don't you think that it's kind of dumb that god would punish you for not obeying a book?

I don't hate it, I'm just trying to help you not be so deluded since the bible is fiction, written by men several generations after the "fact". Meaning there's no proof that any of the bible is the word of god. None. Plus, don't you think that it's kind of dumb that god would punish you for not obeying a book?

There is plenty of proof, if you know what to look for. Do you think it is kind of dumb for a parent to punish a child for not obeying what the parent said?

I think it is rotten, and the farthest thing from being "Godly." Jesus would NEVER turn a person away from God.

I find this to be the case with a lot of "churches" though. Aside from not preaching violence, they really aren't much different than your typical mosque in the Middle East, teaching hatred and intolerance.

Of course, we all know their decisions are based upon donations by their parishioners, so they have to keep the hateful ones happy too.

I think it is rotten, and the farthest thing from being "Godly." Jesus would NEVER turn a person away from God.

I find this to be the case with a lot of "churches" though. Aside from not preaching violence, they really aren't much different than your typical mosque in the Middle East, teaching hatred and intolerance.

Of course, we all know their decisions are based upon donations by their parishioners, so they have to keep the hateful ones happy too.

No, Jesus would not turn a person away who asked Him to be forgiven, however, He did teach about those who choose not to choose God over the world.

Luke 12: …18"Then he said, 'This is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry."' 20"But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?'…

Luke 16: …22"Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham's bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried. 23"In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom. 24"And he cried out and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.'……25"But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.'…27"And he said, 'Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father's house-- 28for I have five brothers-- in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.' 29"But Abraham said, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.'…

If it is hateful and intolerant to teach what Jesus taught, then you will call me hateful and intolerant. Jesus taught much more than just 'love thy neighbor' problem is, people want to pick and choose which verses they want to keep, instead of keeping all of them.

No, Jesus would not turn a person away who asked Him to be forgiven, however, He did teach about those who choose not to choose God over the world.

Luke 12: …18"Then he said, 'This is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry."' 20"But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?'…

Luke 16: …22"Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham's bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried. 23"In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom. 24"And he cried out and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.'……25"But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.'…27"And he said, 'Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father's house-- 28for I have five brothers-- in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.' 29"But Abraham said, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.'…

If it is hateful and intolerant to teach what Jesus taught, then you will call me hateful and intolerant. Jesus taught much more than just 'love thy neighbor' problem is, people want to pick and choose which verses they want to keep, instead of keeping all of them.

No way. If Jesus believed they had sinned, he would have forgiven them and made sure they got into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Do you think a gay person who is a good person, who volunteers, helps others, etc., should go to HELL simply because of his sexual orientation? I'm sorry, I don't believe that Jesus would EVER be that cold.

No way. If Jesus believed they had sinned, he would have forgiven them and made sure they got into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Do you think a gay person who is a good person, who volunteers, helps others, etc., should go to HELL simply because of his sexual orientation? I'm sorry, I don't believe that Jesus would EVER be that cold.

Good works don't get you into the Kingdom. No matter how many of them you do.

John 14: 6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Titus 3:5He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

Ephesians 2:8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.…

No one will be in the Kingdom, just because of the good works they did on earth. If they are not washed in the blood of Christ, then they will not be there. This is what Jesus taught, if you don't believe it, then you don't believe in Him.

Um... I don't think so... We had a guy who gave tons of money to the church, but was cheating on his wife. We kicked him out. Adultery is a sin too. We don't treat it any different.

I'm always confused by this. Years ago, I decided I wanted volunteer at a charity, and one that I particularly liked, and donated money too, was a battered women's shelter.

Well of course they turned me down. I was oblivious to why, and was kind of put off by it.

They sent me a letter and explained... Duh... these were women who were abused by men. They want to feel safe with other women, and no men are allowed there. (and of course there are other reasons as well).

Did they 'hate me'? Were these Christians (it was a christian run shelter), pushing me away from G-d? Should I have been sending them letters saying "Jesus would NEVER turn a person away!"?

Of course not. They didn't hate me. I just didn't fit with their plan. Their organization had a doctrine that excluded me.

If I eat meat every day (which I do), I can't join PETA. They won't accept me. I don't play golf. I can't join the US Golf team. None of these people HATE me. I just don't fit with their doctrine, or requirements.

My Church has a set of beliefs. One of those beliefs, is Romans 1:18-32, which states very clearly that Homosexuality is a sin. So what do we do with members engaging in clearly defined sin? 1 Corinthians 5:1-5.

We remove them. Which is again, a clearly defined Biblical action.

You people seem to have a made up 'jesus' that doesn't exist, that never talked harshly, never required anyone to do anything, never had standards that people had to meet to be accepted by him.

That's not the real Jesus. Jesus talked very harshly to people, and if they didn't repent, he didn't accept them. Have none of you read the parables? Take the wedding banquet in Matthew 22:1-14

Those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together as many as they found, both bad and good. The wedding was filled with guests. But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man who didn't have on wedding clothing, and he said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here not wearing wedding clothing?' He was speechless. Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and throw him into the outer darkness; there is where the weeping and grinding of teeth will be.' For many are called, but few chosen.

That's Jesus talking. What's he saying? You have to repent! Many called to repent, and those that do, will be forgiven and accepted.

But if you think that because you are invited, that you can come without repenting, you will be like the guy who showed up in his rags, not ready for the wedding feast. He was tossed out.

People..... you are invited to follow Christ. And I promise you, if you repent of your evil, no matter what it is... you WILL be forgiven and accepted by Christ, and you are more than welcome at our church, and most Christian churches. Not all... there are some that hold it over your head, but forget those people.

But on the other hand, if you are not going to repent "and you should love me regardless, because you ought to!" and "nothing I do is wrong, and this is my choice, my life style, my blaw blaw blaw".... No. Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice life. Good luck with that. Don't hate you.... just not what our Church stands for.

Last edited:

Um... I don't think so... We had a guy who gave tons of money to the church, but was cheating on his wife. We kicked him out. Adultery is a sin too. We don't treat it any different.

I'm always confused by this. Years ago, I decided I wanted volunteer at a charity, and one that I particularly liked, and donated money too, was a battered women's shelter.

Well of course they turned me down. I was oblivious to why, and was kind of put off by it.

They sent me a letter and explained... Duh... these were women who were abused by men. They want to feel safe with other women, and no men are allowed there. (and of course there are other reasons as well).

Did they 'hate me'? Were these Christians (it was a christian run shelter), pushing me away from G-d? Should I have been sending them letters saying "Jesus would NEVER turn a person away!"?

Of course not. They didn't hate me. I just didn't fit with their plan. Their organization had a doctrine that excluded me.

If I eat meat every day (which I do), I can't join PETA. They won't accept me. I don't play golf. I can't join the US Golf team. None of these people HATE me. I just don't fit with their doctrine, or requirements.

My Church has a set of beliefs. One of those beliefs, is Romans 1:18-32, which states very clearly that Homosexuality is a sin. So what do we do with members engaging in clearly defined sin? 1 Corinthians 5:1-5.

We remove them. Which is again, a clearly defined Biblical action.

You people seem to have a made up 'jesus' that doesn't exist, that never talked harshly, never required anyone to do anything, never had standards that people had to meet to be accepted by him.

That's not the real Jesus. Jesus talked very harshly to people, and if they didn't repent, he didn't accept them. Have none of you read the parables? Take the wedding banquet in Matthew 22:1-14

Those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together as many as they found, both bad and good. The wedding was filled with guests. But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man who didn't have on wedding clothing, and he said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here not wearing wedding clothing?' He was speechless. Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and throw him into the outer darkness; there is where the weeping and grinding of teeth will be.' For many are called, but few chosen.

That's Jesus talking. What's he saying? You have to repent! Many called to repent, and those that do, will be forgiven and accepted.

But if you think that because you are invited, that you can come without repenting, you will be like the guy who showed up in his rags, not ready for the wedding feast. He was tossed out.

People..... you are invited to follow Christ. And I promise you, if you repent of your evil, no matter what it is... you WILL be forgiven and accepted by Christ, and you are more than welcome at our church, and most Christian churches. Not all... there are some that hold it over your head, but forget those people.

But on the other hand, if you are not going to repent "and you should love me regardless, because you ought to!" and "nothing I do is wrong, and this is my choice, my life style, my blaw blaw blaw".... No. Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice life. Good luck with that. Don't hate you.... just not what our Church stands for.

Thus it came to pass the heretic reveals his lack of understanding and his error.

The Bible is not literal, and those who follow it as so plunge over the cliff into the lake of confusion.

"I still have no problem calling you a false prophet," Androw, for you mistake your relationship to scripture as if you had one with Jesus.

I now have you and the others by name above in our prayer circle, asking for the Lord's lave and witness in your live.

Forum List

Back