🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Churches played an active role in slavery and segregation.

sorry spanky but it is the same democrat party,,
all they did was change tactics,,

Indeed.

When the Democraps could no longer openly keep blacks as slaves, could no longer deny blacks basic human rights, they found an even more insidious and destructive way to oppress blacks, attacking the moral root of their marriage and family structure. Now, TheOppressiveFaggot and its kind are trying to do to all of America what they succeeded in doing to the culture of black people.

Only the morons who do not know how stupid they are, are laughing at me. I am laughing at YOU

I do not think there is so much as one user on this entire forum who recognizes you as being in any position to judge anyone else's intellect.,

People are laughing at you because you are lower than a mere moron, lower than a mere criminal lower than a mere sexual pervert; and certainly lower than anything that can reasonably be considered human.

The point of my OP was to highlight the omissions concerning the dark underbelly of American history . perhaps I should have mentioned the abolitionist churches as well. It should all be taught in it's entirety. My intent was not to malign the churches
Your OP was an immense omission, which was to smear and defame all people of faith, for something that happened hundreds of years before they were born.....And you failed.

The great-great-great-great grandson must pay for the "original sin" of his distant ancestor.

You're the very thing that you profess to loathe.

Excepting those who hold The State to be their god, like the Progressive Poofter.

Worse than that.

The depraved sexual perversions; the support of violent, destructive, thieving criminals, the promotion of government tyranny — that's not atheism. That is Satan's religion.

Anywhere that God is farced out, anywhere that God's religion is forced out, Satan is there to fill in the void.

Of course it does. And as I recall there was some instruction on that topic. But again, the racist aspects of religion and history should also be taught
I have no problem with teaching the good, the bad and the ugly sides of history. Such teaching enables the students to learn lessons form history as history often does repeat itself.

I have no problem with teaching the good, the bad and the ugly sides of history. Such teaching enables the students to learn lessons form history as history often does repeat itself.
That history has been being taught all along

That history has been being taught all along
I want to high school back in the 1960s in Ohio.

I remember we were taught the Civil War was fought over slavery (which was one of the main issues but not the only one). The negative aspects of slavery were discussed as was the novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin and the Underground Railroad was mentioned (possibly because there were several stops in our area near Lake Erie).

If anything the education I got in Ohio was biased towards the North and the abolitionist movement. It definitely did not paint the South as the good guys by any means.

I want to high school back in the 1960s in Ohio.

I remember we were taught the Civil War was fought over slavery (which was one of the main issues but not the only one). The negative aspects of slavery were discussed as was the novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin and the Underground Railroad was mentioned (possibly because there were several stops in our area near Lake Erie).

If anything the education I got in Ohio was biased towards the North and the abolitionist movement. It definitely did not paint the South as the good guys by any means.
What does a 10-year old child know about how or what history was taught before they were born?

they know nothing, and are at the mercy of the lying lib public teachers

Next question, why would anyone believe you or the Communist Chinese?

After they had a war to stop it. How convenient.

What does a 10-year old child know about how or what history was taught before they were born?

So your a little embarrassed about your history. Blaming the teachers for teaching what they are told is not the answer. You need to grow up and admit it you racist pig.

I honestly beleive I got a much better high school education back in the early 1960s than students today. One big difference was my high school had well disciplined classrooms. We were not perfect but we behaved much better than students today.

You still trying to defund the police?

Some of the more liberal denominations - Catholic, Episcopalian, etc. - may not have opposed slavery. Most denominations did, however. Same with the Temperance Movement, which the more authoritarian Christian mindset supported.

American Christians in general, however, were quite liberty-minded, clergy even fighting in the War for Independence.

Compare that with 19th-century Democrats, none of whom opposed slavery.

Forum List

Back