Citizen's home is raided because of a Facebook posting

Didn't the article say that he believed someone called child welfare? What are they supposed to do? Ignore the call? Someone from child welfare showed up with police (because they can ask for a police presence if they feel it might be necessary. They knocked on the door. The home owner declined to open the safe. He wasn't forced to open it. They left.

No raid. No arrest. No gun confiscation.

Edit to add: But let's not lose sight of the fact that FOX is misrepresenting the facts of what happened in the middle of a debate over gun laws. It was, I believe, purposely meant to ratchet up fear among people who already have unduly irrational fears about widespread gun confiscation. That's not even remotely responsible journalism.

What the fuck makes you think they are supposed to raid people's houses in the middle of the night?

Furthermore why do these fucking pussies on the left keep bringing up Fox News?????

They weren't the first to report it and they weren't even in the god damn op.

Classless clueless fucking morons.

:eusa_silenced:Because they like it. They do the same thing with Bush all the time.

These right-wing flame threads usually don't amount to much when the true facts are reported.

RW flame threads remind me of watching more than one episode of Scooby-Doo. There IS no damn ghost, for crying out loud! OKAY! Eventually, the smart kids watch something else that actually has some friggin' suspense to it because Scooby-Doo is boring in its scripted predictability due to the ending being a forgone conclusion.

Holy shit, a kid in winter camo with an assault rifle...

r-SHAWN-MOORE-GUN-large570.jpg

Shawn Moore, Father Of NJ Boy Pictured With Gun, Won't Face Charges

:eusa_drool:Yes holy shit. I bet all the libs are at their phones again.

By the age of 8 My son and daughter were at the police range with me target shooting.
They knew how to check and clear my guns as soon as they were big enough to do it.
We still love to shoot together and it is a family history that will continue to the next generation.

Maybe I should get my seven year old grandson an AR15 for his eighth birthday.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^SARCHASM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Go for broke. Bazooka or nothing. :lol: Keeeeeeeeeeeeeding.

Cripes if we hunt or just like to shoot we're all gun nuts to them anyway it seems.

:confused:And it seems the illegals that pass our boarders with guns doesn't seem to get the lefts attention very much. In fact all they want to do is invite them in more and more.

Everything he has said thus far has been corroborated. And I wouldn't label someone exposing rash tactics by gov't officials as an attention whore but rather a concerned citizen who is not partial to someone attempting to abuse his rights as a free American citizen.

everything he has said has thus far been shown to be exaggerated.

that's what an attention whore would do.

That is a lie. Lying is what a troll would do.:eusa_whistle:

Everything he has said thus far has been corroborated. And I wouldn't label someone exposing rash tactics by gov't officials as an attention whore but rather a concerned citizen who is not partial to someone attempting to abuse his rights as a free American citizen.

everything he has said has thus far been shown to be exaggerated.

that's what an attention whore would do.

:eusa_hand:If that were so the cops would have been back with a warrant. All they did was go into hideing.

Yep

but "The Department of Youth and Family Services didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment from The News Wednesday." don't look good

:eek:You know why? Because they knew they were in the wrong. And so did the cops who ran off when not allowed to enter.

So, if people don't immediately comment, it's because they know they are in the wrong?

:eusa_hand:I was saying the cops knew they were wrong. They didn't have a warrant and knew they should have.

The same story....with no police agency name, no number of cops, no name of any social agent/agency....just one guy's word repeated from blog...to newstory...to here.

Pardon me if I remain unconvinced at this moment.

:eusa_hand:Well when the police know they were in the wrong then the police dept. is going to stall on giving out names until the situation is investigated. When they get all the facts...names will come out.

What did the police do wrong?

:eusa_drool:They demanded the gentleman to open his safe so they could check his firearms to see it they were registered. They should of never asked that without a warrant.

So how would you define 4 police and two child services people showing up to your home demanding enterance to inspect your home? They failed to gain enterance only because the home owners knew their rights and were willing to stand up to them.

:eusa_drool:And the child service people and the cops both ran off like cowards. They knew they were wrong.
Oh....this is an interesting post.

:eusa_drool:Yep. Very interesting. The cops left with a boot in their * * *.

We also have multiple news services who saw the blog, investigated, and reported the same story. One would think that, since most reporters would love to paint this exactly the same way you are, one of them would have delighted in coming up with a police source that flat out denied that it happened.

:eusa_drool:The police couldn't deny it. When they found out that the gentleman had his lawyer on his cell phone listening the cops ran like cowards. They knew they were in the wrong.

logo_v001.png

Carneys Point police: We did not 'unlawfully search' Shawn Moore's home after Facebook gun photo

“At no time did the police attempt to unlawfully search his residence or violate the second for fourth amendment rights of Mr. Moore,” DiGregorio said. He added that the gun was a legal .22-caliber rifle and was given from father to son as a birthday present.

Moore posted the photo of his son, Josh, holding what appears to be an assault rifle on Facebook, and DiGregorio said that both his department and DCF received anonymous phone calls about the picture.

“In light of some of the recent school shooting across our nation, the Carneys Point Police Department takes these kind of calls seriously,” he said.

Four officers and two DCF caseworkers arrived at Moore's home at about 8:15 p.m. Friday to inquire about the photo and guns in the home.

Moore was not home at the time, but his wife welcomed the officers and the child welfare agents into the home. She did not have access to the home's gun safe so she called her husband.

DiGregorio said that interaction between Moore's wife and police was extremely cordial.

Moore arrived a short time later at which point the situation began to escalate, according to DiGregorio, with Moore telling officers and the DCF agent to leave his home.

:confused:Yep. They didn't do an illegal search. But if they thought it was important enough they could of got a warrant. They never did. Because they knew they were in the wrong asking to open the safe.

:eusa_hand:Well when the police know they were in the wrong then the police dept. is going to stall on giving out names until the situation is investigated. When they get all the facts...names will come out.

:eusa_drool:They demanded the gentleman to open his safe so they could check his firearms to see it they were registered. They should of never asked that without a warrant.

have

Did they search? Did they arrest anyone?

:eek:Nope. Only because they knew they were in the wrong.

It's wrong to check out a complaint?

:eusa_whistle:No its not. But they were checking out the safety of that child and when they realized he was ok they should of left. No need to demand that they check out the safe to see if the firearms were registered. If that were so important they would of gotten a warrant.

So it was in fact not 'raided'..:clap2:
Let's call it an attempted raid, which is exactly what it was. And if they could have bluffed their way into that man's house they would have culminated a de facto raid, which would have affirmed another baby step toward the police state which is trying very hard to emerge.

I live in New Jersey and I'm not the least bit surprised by this incident. I won't blame it on the cops because they didn't initiate the action. One of the biggest problems with this state is the Trenton bureaucracy which has a long history of corruption, incompetence, stupidity, and this kind of overly-officious nonsense.

:eek:Nope. Only because they knew they were in the wrong.

It's wrong to check out a complaint?

:eusa_whistle:No its not. But they were checking out the safety of that child and when they realized he was ok they should of left. No need to demand that they check out the safe to see if the firearms were registered. If that were so important they would of gotten a warrant.

The police were perfectly within their rights to ASK.

Now I'm going to do you a favor because I see you making the same written mistake over and over again.

It's should HAVE (not OF) or could HAVE. It's not a preposition. It's a verb.

Wrong. They can ask all they want...and frequently do. Just as the guy has the right to say no.

Now...tell us again, what did the police do wrong?

Forum List

Back