Citizen's home is raided because of a Facebook posting

[

Why are you afraid of guns? Did one attack you when you were a child?

Guy, I was in the Army for 11 years.

I have a healthy respect for what guns can do. Which is why I don't want them in the hands of children, crazy people (like yourself) or people who aren't terribly responsible.

Yet you have no problem with those same people making laws.

Interesting.

Or someone who realizes that children shouldn't have guns like that, at all.

Look guy, I was in the Army for 11 years. My dad was a WWII vet and an avid hunter.

He'd have never let me handle a gun like that at 11.
"A gun like that."

Would you feel the same if the boy were holding a rifle like this lever-action .22?
marlin39A.jpg

I don't know. Does it have a maximum effective range of 430 meters and the ability to rip a huge hole in it's target like AR-15/M16 variants do?

Let us not kid ourselves. The M16 was designed to fight in the Jungles of vietnam, which meant is was designed to have all the killing power of the M14 with half the weight.

Huge hole?

[

Interesting.

And this is why you are just going off into Crazy Town again.

Does your doctor know you are off your medication?

We have idiots in Congress that think women cannot get pregnant if they are raped, and that are worried about Guam tipping over, yet you have never once demanded that they be prevented from passing laws.

[

Interesting.

We have idiots in Congress that think women cannot get pregnant if they are raped, and that are worried about Guam tipping over, yet you have never once demanded that they be prevented from passing laws.

No, I don't worry about politicians saying stupid things... because they've done that since time immortal.

But do try to take this thread into as many weird tangents as you need to try to claim the CPS did not act completely properly, under the circumstances.

Actually, CPS acted completely appropriately.

The scenario they didn't want to see is someone sent them this picture, and then little Billy shoots up a bunch of his classmates the next week over an argument about Pokeman cards.

Then there would have been hell to pay.

We will have to agree to disagree.

There is nothing wrong with that picture and too much that is right.

Only a big Government type would say that simply a photo of an 11 year old correctly and safely holding a firearm warrants a government investigation.

Look guy, I was in the Army for 11 years. My dad was a WWII vet and an avid hunter.

I had my first .22 bolt action when I was 6. I got my first semi-automatic .22 when I was 10 along with my first 20ga shotgun.

Maybe your dad knew you couldn't be trusted with a gun like that at age 11.

Well, as you say, it's completely subjective. I look a kid with a weapon that he shouldn't have at his age, period.

And, yeah, given how many kids have gone into their schools and started shooting stuff up, asking some questions was completely appropriate.

Why shouldn't he be handling that weapon at his age, even it were a .223 instead of a .22 caliber?

YOu mean a weapon based on the infantry weapon used by the military?

Seriously?

Man, you gun whacks are the best argument for gun control their is.

it's a frickin' .22. That's it. Or is it too scary looking for you?

No, I don't worry about politicians saying stupid things... because they've done that since time immortal.

But do try to take this thread into as many weird tangents as you need to try to claim the CPS did not act completely properly, under the circumstances.

Weird tangents?

This thread is about government's abuse of power and monumental stupidity. Just because you want to justify both of those things does not mean I will stop mentioning them.

[

Why are you afraid of guns? Did one attack you when you were a child?

Guy, I was in the Army for 11 years.

I have a healthy respect for what guns can do. Which is why I don't want them in the hands of children, crazy people (like yourself) or people who aren't terribly responsible.

You don't have a "respect" for them.

You fear them.

I respect firearms, I only fear the people that want to take them away from me.

The scenario they didn't want to see is someone sent them this picture, and then little Billy shoots up a bunch of his classmates the next week over an argument about Pokeman cards.

We will have to agree to disagree.

There is nothing wrong with that picture and too much that is right.

Only a big Government type would say that simply a photo of an 11 year old correctly and safely holding a firearm warrants a government investigation.

Your point?

Wait, you have none and are trolling, as usual. Dude, it's a damned .22 rifle!

I don't know. Does it have a maximum effective range of 430 meters and the ability to rip a huge hole in it's target like AR-15/M16 variants do?
No, it doesn't. It is one step up from a BB-gun and is mainly suitable for shooting targets and small game, such as squirrels and the like.

Let us not kid ourselves. The M16 was designed to fight in the Jungles of vietnam, which meant is was designed to have all the killing power of the M14 with half the weight.
Are you aware the rifle the boy in the photo is holding is not an M-16? It's a .22 -- a squirrel shooter. It just looks like an M-16 -- which is the reason for all the hysterical concern.

http://kitup.military.com/2011/02/scar-lookalike-in-an-economical-package.html

Last edited:
Blog: Police raid man's home over Facebook photo of son with rifle

Can you spell

POLICE STATE?

How about

LIBERAL INSANITY?

Brown said their role is not to go out and search Facebook for photos of children holding weapons.

"In general our role is to investigate allegations of child abuse and neglect," she said.
what is the big fuss? If a call had come in and they did not respond?

And when responding to calls about abuse where weapons are involved? Ahem, come heavily armed. We don't want more Law Enforcement people not going home to their families after serving the public for the day

No, it doesn't. It is one step up from a BB-gun and is mainly suitable for shooting targets and small game, such as squirrels and the like.

Are you aware the rifle the boy in the photo is holding is not an M-16? It's a .22 -- a squirrel shooter. It just looks like an M-16 -- which is the reason for all the hysterical concern.

Nothing matters but facts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Brown said their role is not to go out and search Facebook for photos of children holding weapons.

"In general our role is to investigate allegations of child abuse and neglect," she said.
what is the big fuss? If a call had come in and they did not respond?

And when responding to calls about abuse where weapons are involved? Ahem, come heavily armed. We don't want more Law Enforcement people not going home to their families after serving the public for the day

Or someone who realizes that children shouldn't have guns like that, at all. Your oppinion should not be the basis for government investigations

He'd have never let me handle a gun like that at 11. A semi-auto .22?

Is bed wetting hereditary in your family?

What is it about this photo that, in your interpretation, suggests the likelihood of the scenario you've presented?

photo21n-1-web.jpg

My objective perception is that of a happy, healthy-looking boy holding a rifle in an appropriately safe, un-intimidating manner. The only impression it conveys to me is the boy probably will serve this Nation as a good soldier someday. I have no cause to expect that he might use that rifle to "shoot up a bunch of his classmates" and I have no legal right to make any such assumption without some specific reason.

Your impression is purely subjective and is predicated on some level of social hysteria resulting from a tragic incident in the recent past. But there is absolutely no reason to believe this boy might do something like that.

You know, maybe the government should hire you to walk the malls and parking lots to spot who the next mass murdering gunman will be.

Painful Memories for the Moms of Mass Killers "He did not give me any hint of what he would do"

This past week, it was the shooting at the Azana Spa in Brookfield, Wis., that triggered those flashbacks. There, Radcliffe Haughton Jr. reportedly shot seven women, three of them fatally, including his wife, before turning the gun on himself.

It didn’t take television crews long to reach the man’s distraught father, Radcliffe Haughton Sr., the following day. “All I can say is, I want to apologize to the people of Milwaukee who have been hurt,” Haughton Sr. told a reporter on Monday. “He did not give me any hint of what he would do.”

He did not give me any hint of what he would do.

Haughton Sr. appeared to be answering an implied question, one that’s asked either directly or indirectly of parents and other relatives every time such a tragedy unfolds—“Did you see this coming? Why didn’t you stop it?” It’s why, when Arlene Holmes told a reporter “You have the right person,” after her son allegedly went on a shooting rampage in Aurora, Colo., last summer, many assumed she was saying, “I knew it was him.” Holmes later clarified she was talking about herself, not her son.

Susan Klebold, mother of Columbine shooter Dylan Klebold, took 3,800 words to answer the question in a 2009 piece she penned for O Magazine titled, fittingly, “I will never know why.” The stepmother of Wade Michael Page, the shooter in the August killings at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., told The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that she had “no idea” why the child who grew up “precious” became a mass murderer.

“He was the most peace-loving person in the world,” she said. So when she first heard the news, “I thought, ‘Surely he couldn’t do that. He’s too good-hearted. Too kind.’”

What is it about this photo that, in your interpretation, suggests the likelihood of the scenario you've presented?

photo21n-1-web.jpg

My objective perception is that of a happy, healthy-looking boy holding a rifle in an appropriately safe, un-intimidating manner. The only impression it conveys to me is the boy probably will serve this Nation as a good soldier someday. I have no cause to expect that he might use that rifle to "shoot up a bunch of his classmates" and I have no legal right to make any such assumption without some specific reason.

Your impression is purely subjective and is predicated on some level of social hysteria resulting from a tragic incident in the recent past. But there is absolutely no reason to believe this boy might do something like that.

You know, maybe the government should hire you to walk the malls and parking lots to spot who the next mass murdering gunman will be.

Painful Memories for the Moms of Mass Killers "He did not give me any hint of what he would do"

This past week, it was the shooting at the Azana Spa in Brookfield, Wis., that triggered those flashbacks. There, Radcliffe Haughton Jr. reportedly shot seven women, three of them fatally, including his wife, before turning the gun on himself.

It didn’t take television crews long to reach the man’s distraught father, Radcliffe Haughton Sr., the following day. “All I can say is, I want to apologize to the people of Milwaukee who have been hurt,” Haughton Sr. told a reporter on Monday. “He did not give me any hint of what he would do.”

Haughton Sr. appeared to be answering an implied question, one that’s asked either directly or indirectly of parents and other relatives every time such a tragedy unfolds—“Did you see this coming? Why didn’t you stop it?” It’s why, when Arlene Holmes told a reporter “You have the right person,” after her son allegedly went on a shooting rampage in Aurora, Colo., last summer, many assumed she was saying, “I knew it was him.” Holmes later clarified she was talking about herself, not her son.

Susan Klebold, mother of Columbine shooter Dylan Klebold, took 3,800 words to answer the question in a 2009 piece she penned for O Magazine titled, fittingly, “I will never know why.” The stepmother of Wade Michael Page, the shooter in the August killings at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., told The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that she had “no idea” why the child who grew up “precious” became a mass murderer.

“He was the most peace-loving person in the world,” she said. So when she first heard the news, “I thought, ‘Surely he couldn’t do that. He’s too good-hearted. Too kind.’”

Did he post a Facebook picture of himself with a gun before he went off?

Didn't think so.

There is no sin except stupidity.
Oscar Wilde

The .22 LR is a very deadly round. Many emergency room doctors will tell you that a .22 caliber gunshot is one of the worst to come in, because, quite often, a .22 LR will ricochet inside the body causing many small, hard-to-find wound channels. The surgeries for these wounds can take hours and as often as not, the victims bleed out and die.

Why Not Any Caliber

photo21n-1-web.jpg

Did he post a Facebook picture of himself with a gun before he went off?

Didn't think so.

Oh, I see Sherlock, as long as they post a picture with a gun we are all safe...good to know...

[

So what you're suggesting is any adolescent with any proximity to a firearm should be considered a potential mass murderer.

There is no sin except stupidity.
Oscar Wilde

The .22 LR is a very deadly round. Many emergency room doctors will tell you that a .22 caliber gunshot is one of the worst to come in, because, quite often, a .22 LR will ricochet inside the body causing many small, hard-to-find wound channels. The surgeries for these wounds can take hours and as often as not, the victims bleed out and die.

Why Not Any Caliber
Thank you for that. We must bring it to the attention of the Army and Marine Corps ASAP.

Forum List

Back