City of Anaheim forces private venue to cancel conservative rally

Mayor runs the city does he not?
Anaheim has had a republican mayor for quite a while now.....yet the city went from pretty dam conservative to fairly liberal over the past 10-15 years....the city council is now 4 democrats and 2 republicans.....it used to be all republican.....the current mayor Harry Sidu is the least conservative mayor they have had in 30 years....

California was the Golden State back in the 30s-60s. Mostly Conservative elected officials. Governors like Ronald Reagan.

It started to change in the 70s with the Liberals taking over and has gone down hill since then. Now it is a shithole. If it wasn't for Silicon Valley, the Hollywood Limousine Liberals and Asian money that state would be poorer per captia than Mississippi.

Right now it is first in poverty and homeless and last in education. Rents are sky high and taxes are atrocious. Regulations are out of control. Then you have all the goddamn Illegals.

Too bad because it is a beautiful state.
i think it started changing in the late 80's.....by the middle 90's it was definitely a changed state....

Anaheim has had a republican mayor for quite a while now.....yet the city went from pretty dam conservative to fairly liberal over the past 10-15 years....the city council is now 4 democrats and 2 republicans.....it used to be all republican.....the current mayor Harry Sidu is the least conservative mayor they have had in 30 years....
Ok, I’m not seeing what that has to do with this discussion

i think it started changing in the late 80's.....by the middle 90's it was definitely a changed state....
I think the hippies moving in in the 60s and the illegals that were flooding in started it to change in the 70s but who really knows how it went bad? It is a shithole now.

I visited San Francisco in the mid 80s and it was still a beautiful somewhat clean city. Just look at it now. Sad. You are right in that by the 1990s everything in the state had turned to shit.

Ok, I’m not seeing what that has to do with this discussion
ok let me put it to you like this.....the mayor used to have the final word...now they have a city manager who oversees day to day operations,he runs the city......the mayor serves as the presiding officer of the city council in a first among equals role...he is just another vote on the council....so no he does not run the city.....

ok let me put it to you like this.....the mayor used to have the final word...now they have a city manager who oversees day to day operations,he runs the city......the mayor serves as the presiding officer of the city council in a first among equals role...he is just another vote on the council....so no he does not run the city.....
Haha, ok and what is the party affiliation of the city manager?

i have no idea.....he just took over around a year ago....his bio doesnt say....
Are you contending that he shut down this rally because he didn’t like the people who were holding it like others on this thread are saying?

Because the city disagrees with the "values" of those attending and speaking. Maybe the left will one day achieve its ultimate goal wherein only a handful of party elites are permitted to express ideas.

What the city failed to say is that it doesn't fear what those in attendance might do as Trump rallies and the like are historically peaceful, clean, and well-behaved, what they were worried about is the aftermath of the violent protests which it would attract, damage done, and that the city wasn't willing to police the event, protect the attendees, nor bear the cost of keeping protesters in check.

They are leaving Commie Kalifornia for less taxation, fewer regulations, less oppression, safer areas, fewer Illegals, fewer queers and less Democrat destruction.

Don't forget:
  1. Lower cost of living.
  2. Affordable housing.
  3. No earthquakes.
  4. No mudslides.
  5. No state-wide forest fires.
  6. No blackouts every time the wind blows.
  7. Friendly people.
  8. Highways you can actually use during business hours.
  9. No La Ninas.
  10. Neighbors who don't want to turn you over to the FBI if they hear you actually attended a political event.

Are you contending that he shut down this rally because he didn’t like the people who were holding it like others on this thread are saying?
i have no idea.....im betting it was mostly the city councils doing....he was just going by what they were suggesting....

What the city failed to say is that it doesn't fear what those in attendance might do as Trump rallies and the like are historically peaceful, clean, and well-behaved, what they were worried about is the aftermath of the violent protests which it would attract, damage done, and that the city wasn't willing to police the event, protect the attendees, nor bear the cost of keeping protesters in check.
Makes sense. That’s their prerogative right?

Forum List

Back