City of Anaheim forces private venue to cancel conservative rally

The city of Anaheim owns the venue. That is their right.
No, it was a PRIVATE venue and the city forced the PRIVATE venue to cancel the rally.

Let me ask you this. Based on your "logic", the federal government can prevent people from protesting on a federal property because they "own" that property and, therefore, it's their "right", correct?
The Anaheim Convention Center IS the City of Anaheim you dolt. :rolleyes-41:

DrLove

It's your view that government should be able to restrict speech on GOVERNMENT property if its speech with which they (government officials) disagree, correct?

Go back and re-read the City of Anaheim's tweet in the OP. THEY said it's a "private" venue.
It is both a private venue AND it is owned by the City of Anaheim. They certainly had a right to do what they did, particularly when there is a Delta spike in LA metro.

Go back and re-read the City of Anaheim's tweet in the OP. THEY said it's a "private" venue.
It is both a private venue AND it is owned by the City of Anaheim. They certainly had a right to do what they did, particularly when there is a Delta spike in LA metro.

Why did the city say it's a "private" venue?

You support silencing the expression of those with whom you disagree. If a Christian city council banned an LGBT group from hosting an event in their city, you'd be screaming discrimination. You don't believe in equal rights nor do you believe in tolerance. You are unreasonable and foolish. I'll go ahead and put you back on "ignore".

DrLove

It's your view that government should be able to restrict speech on GOVERNMENT property if its speech with which they (government officials) disagree, correct?
You are being overly simplistic here my friend. There are other considerations. Will there be clashes between the idiots that want to see Gaetz and Greene, and counter protesters? Is LA metro experiencing a Delta variant spike??

As I said, Orange Country is very conservative. I don't think it had a damn thing to do with politics or "restricting speech". The same thing would have happened to a liberal firebrand such as Malcolm X, Angela Davis or Jane Fonda. Hell, it likely would have happened to a convention of centrists or for that matter, ANY indoor event right now.

If a Christian city council banned an LGBT group from hosting an event in their city, you'd be screaming discrimination. You don't believe in equal rights nor do you believe in tolerance. You are unreasonable and foolish. I'll go ahead and put you back on "ignore".
Right now ^ No I wouldn't. The rest of your screed is bullshit, but I'll wear your Ignore as a badge of honor! ;)

Because the city disagrees with the "values" of those attending and speaking. Maybe the left will one day achieve its ultimate goal wherein only a handful of party elites are permitted to express ideas.

This is official government censorship of free speech

This calls for a lawsuit

Are you saying the venue owners should be forced to participate in something they didn't believe in?
The owners accepted the event

But the city forced the owners to comply with the cities wishes

Why did the city say it's a "private" venue?

You support silencing the expression of those with whom you disagree. If a Christian city council banned an LGBT group from hosting an event in their city, you'd be screaming discrimination. You don't believe in equal rights nor do you believe in tolerance. You are unreasonable and foolish. I'll go ahead and put you back on "ignore".
Did you see the part about security concerns?

Because the city disagrees with the "values" of those attending and speaking. Maybe the left will one day achieve its ultimate goal wherein only a handful of party elites are permitted to express ideas.

They are lying when they said "we respect free speech". They don't. If it was a BLM rally or whatever they wouldn't stop it for public safety reasons.

Filthy Libtards. Then they wonder why a thousand people a day are leaving Commie California to move elsewhere.

They`re leaving Commie California so they can attend more mask less Klan rallies? That`s brilliant Lysol Larry. Thanks.

You are confused.

They are leaving Commie Kalifornia for less taxation, fewer regulations, less oppression, safer areas, fewer Illegals, fewer queers and less Democrat destruction.

We see the same thing here in Florida with the people leaving the Democrat controlled Northeast to get away from the Democrat destruction and moving to a free state.

The people leaving had better temper their Democrat tendencies towards more regulation so that they don’t make their new state like their old state. Leave the attitude behind.

That is the problem we have here in Florida.

Florida should be a solid Red state but the filthy ass shitheads from"upnorth" move here to get away from the Democrat destruction but forget the reasons when they get here. Because of that far too many Democrats get elected in Florida. It should be close to zero except in the Negro ghettos.

I heard they are starting to see that same thing in States like Georgia, Texas and South Carolina.

We saw how the California runaways ruined Oregon and Washington State, didn't we?

Maybe they didn't want to see this.

1626621743525.png

The left believes that citizens can gather in public provided the citizens are expressing ideas that are aligned with the beliefs of government officials. Otherwise, citizens must be forbidden from gathering.

They are lying when they said "we respect free speech". They don't. If it was a BLM rally or whatever they wouldn't stop it for public safety reasons.

Filthy Libtards. Then they wonder why a thousand people a day are leaving Commie California to move elsewhere.

They`re leaving Commie California so they can attend more mask less Klan rallies? That`s brilliant Lysol Larry. Thanks.

You are confused.

They are leaving Commie Kalifornia for less taxation, fewer regulations, less oppression, safer areas, fewer Illegals, fewer queers and less Democrat destruction.

We see the same thing here in Florida with the people leaving the Democrat controlled Northeast to get away from the Democrat destruction and moving to a free state.

The people leaving had better temper their Democrat tendencies towards more regulation so that they don’t make their new state like their old state. Leave the attitude behind.

That is the problem we have here in Florida.

Florida should be a solid Red state but the filthy ass shitheads from"upnorth" move here to get away from the Democrat destruction but forget the reasons when they get here. Because of that far too many Democrats get elected in Florida. It should be close to zero except in the Negro ghettos.

I heard they are starting to see that same thing in States like Georgia, Texas and South Carolina.

We saw how the California runaways ruined Oregon and Washington State, didn't we?

It must be hard being a diehard racist POS in today's society. When you go to a restaurant and you see folks of all colors being served, when you go to the Doctor and see folks of all colors being taken care of by the Doctor, it must be hard watching black folks drink out of the water fountain that used to be just for you.

Forum List

Back