City Of Dearborn Apologizes for Arresting Christians

So tresspassing and annoying people is okay?

So when will you let me come into your Church and let me do my "Jesus was a Myth" presentation?

They shouldn't be arrested they should be placed in mental institutions where they can be helped:eusa_whistle:

No. They shouldn't. What is with you liberals and your selective application of reality and free speech?!

Someone else needs to post the video. My internet connection ain't working correctly.

Just look on youtube for "Christian protesters at Arab festival Dearborne".

There are several.

Someone else needs to post the video. My internet connection ain't working correctly.

There are several.

Here are some

Last edited by a moderator:

There are several.

Here is sone

"Christian missionaries instigate violence at Arab festival 2010" came up with no hits. Ahem, what are you trying to pull? That festival was in question was in 2010, not 2012 as both of your videos were filmed.

This is the one you need to see.

And you need to make way out of this OP, before I really embarrass you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me see if I have this straight..

This was an "Arab" festival, not a "Muslim", right?

Sunni, are you trying to claim that there are no Christian Arabs and that these Christians were offensive?

I agree with Sunni, for once.
These Christians were here to start shit. That said, they shouldn't have been arrested, but they were trying to start shit.

You can bet that if a few Imams were preaching at a Christian festival they'd be thrown in jail or sent to Gitmo or something.

If you were an arab muslim and taking your wife and kids to a nice family social event.

Would you be upset if you had to walk by these hateful christian protesters yelling thru megaphones and scaring your children with decapitated pigs heads?

bilde

If you were an arab muslim and taking your wife and kids to a nice family social event.

Would you be upset if you had to walk by these hateful christian protesters yelling thru megaphones and scaring your children with decapitated pigs heads?

bilde

Okay first thing, God tells us never to force our faith on anyone. We can spread the gospel as it is written. IF someone says no, then we move on, as it is written. So, where is the video, Sunni? This is a picture of a protest in 2012 that had nothing to do with the video I posted.

Hello? Is there any objectivity in that head of yours?

Exactly.
But you can bet that if Muslims got an apology and settlement for preaching at a Christian family event like these guys were doing at an Arab one, the right would be saying that it's part of the Left Wing Islamist Hate Machine or something like that...

Okay first thing, God tells us never to force our faith on anyone. We can spread the gospel as it is written. IF someone says no, then we move on, as it is written. So, where is the video, Sunni? This is a picture of a protest in 2012 that had nothing to do with the video I posted.

Hello? Is there any objectivity in that head of yours?

The problem with that is that some people do push it. They don't take no for an answer until you take their pamphlet/booklet/whatever.

In a sense, that's fine. They're not hurting anyone. Offending, maybe, but not hurting anyone. And there are many that do back off after you say no once.

Then you get assholes like the above picture. Sure, that's from 2012, but that's still an asshole thing to do.

If a group of atheists were standing outside a Christian or Muslim event screaming at them about how God is a myth or whatever, I'd be similarly annoyed, so please, don't take my words as atheist bias.

So tresspassing and annoying people is okay?

So when will you let me come into your Church and let me do my "Jesus was a Myth" presentation?

Actually, you would be welcomed in my church to make that presentation.

So our assholes show up with pigs heads.

And your assholes blow up our children, and are considered martyrs.

Hmm.

bilde

If THESE Christians, the ones this thread is about, had been protesting as your photo shows, they would not have been found "Not Guilty".

So please stop lying about what was actually going on in the case being discussed.

There is no excuse for people to be acting as those in your photo are acting and they would have been found guilty.

And Please remember, this was an "Arab" festival not a "Muslim" festival. It was not based upon religion, but upon race or ethnic background. There are Christian Arabs.

In fact the guy in the video looks like a Christian Arab.

Though Christian Arabs do suffer the worst persecution....he's lucky he was only arrested:

"Christians are persecuted in a third of the nations of the world and are literally running for their lives from parts of the Middle East where the faith originated.
At least 100 million Christians in 65 countries suffer persecution, according to Open Doors USA, a non-denominational organization supporting oppressed Christians. That persecution can come from terrorism, as is the case with the so-called “Arab spring” that unleashed killings, assaults and arson against Coptic Christians in Egypt. Civil war in Syria forced tens of thousands of Christians to flee the country as violence and abductions targeted their community, Open Doors reports. The chaos of the worst years of the Iraqi war resulted in the number of churches falling to 57 today from more than 300 in 2003, according to the MidEast Christian News service.

Or oppression can originate with governments. North Korea outlaws Christianity and punishes Christians with imprisonment in labor camps or even death, reports Open Doors. Saudi Arabia decrees death for conversion to Christianity. Pakistan is notorious for directing draconian blasphemy laws against Christians."

Persecution of Christians grows - Chicago Sun-Times

When I hear Sunni say that eventually people will go to jail regularly for daring to speak of their Christianity, I am put in mind of the situations listed above. That is what muslims want for our country.

When I hear Sunni say that eventually people will go to jail regularly for daring to speak of their Christianity, I am put in mind of the situations listed above. That is what muslims want for our country.
I never said that I wanted Christians arrested for speaking about their religion. Do all of the street evangalizing you want.

But anyone who goes and disrupts a peaceful family gathering screaming profanities and intimidating people about their religion should be arrested for a engaging in a hate crime. .. :cool:

Hate crimes are garbage, anyway. It's just a way to punish certain people MORE than certain other people would be punished for the exact same crime.

And Please remember, this was an "Arab" festival not a "Muslim" festival. It was not based upon religion, but upon race or ethnic background. There are Christian Arabs.
Obviously, you aren't aware that Christian arabs and Muslim arabs have a lot of animosity between them and mix like oil and water.

So I seriously doubt there were many Christian arabs at the festival. .. :cool:

Only because in Arab countries, muslims slaughter Christians.

I would think Arab christians would welcome the chance to openly celebrate their culture, without worrying about being beheaded and fed to the dogs.

Forum List

Back