Civil War Facts

If you read documents from the War of Independence, you quickly discover that a core principle of the American Patriots was that the colonies had a natural right to separate from England and that England was violating natural law and committing aggression by trying to force the colonies to remain under British control.

The American Revolution and the Right of Peaceful Separation

Even without Davis's foolish--and bloodless--bombardment of Fort Sumter, the Radical Republicans were determined to pick a fight with the Confederacy. There is good evidence that Lincoln was doing all he dared to *avoid* an armed showdown, but Davis made this impossible with his attack on Sumter.
The immense difference is that all the states entered voluntarily into the Perpetual Union. The attempt to destroy that was treasonous, and was justly put down.
The "perpetual union" didn't exist after the Constitution was approved. The Articles of Confederation were thrown into the waste bin. Furthermore, the idea that you can't leave a club you have joined isn't supported by any theory of law. Only bootlicking statists make such claims.

I have seen theories like yours proposed hundreds of times in this forum. They are not just wrong, they are absurd. There is no theory of law that supports them. Not national law, nor international law.

You believe in a fantasy. You're a fool.

Texas v. White | law case

I've already addressed this fraudulent case. At the time it was made, the court was appointed with Lincoln appointed hacks. It was also based on a number of outright lies, like the claim that at the time Texas was a state of the union. A legal state of the union has representation in the House and the Senate. Texas had none at the time.

It has already been pointed out that the legal views of justices of the Supreme Court are infinitely more weighty and legitimate than the bitter, uneducated mewling of some brainless scumbag like you on the internet.

Everyone knows how much you hate America. Now shut the fuck up and move the fuck on.
Sorry, turd, but your belief that the court is infallible is obviously wrong.

The immense difference is that all the states entered voluntarily into the Perpetual Union. The attempt to destroy that was treasonous, and was justly put down.
The "perpetual union" didn't exist after the Constitution was approved. The Articles of Confederation were thrown into the waste bin. Furthermore, the idea that you can't leave a club you have joined isn't supported by any theory of law. Only bootlicking statists make such claims.

I have seen theories like yours proposed hundreds of times in this forum. They are not just wrong, they are absurd. There is no theory of law that supports them. Not national law, nor international law.

I've already addressed this fraudulent case. At the time it was made, the court was appointed with Lincoln appointed hacks. It was also based on a number of outright lies, like the claim that at the time Texas was a state of the union. A legal state of the union has representation in the House and the Senate. Texas had none at the time.

It has already been pointed out that the legal views of justices of the Supreme Court are infinitely more weighty and legitimate than the bitter, uneducated mewling of some brainless scumbag like you on the internet.

Everyone knows how much you hate America. Now shut the fuck up and move the fuck on.

Not as wrong as your belief that you are, little Mr. Nobody.

Think what one will of Lincoln, nothing he did was worse than what the institution of slavery inflicted on our fellow humans.

What he did was preserve the Union.
Yeah, the same way Staling "preserved" the USSR. I see nothing noble about preserving a police state.

If you hate my country so much, what the fuck are you still doing here? Grow some balls and go live your convictions, scumbag.

.... He made war on member states of the Union.

Wrong. The 'confederate' traitors made war. The vile criminals were put down like the dogs they were. Apologists today for the evil of that time are lower than dogs and deserve no less.
Totally wrong, of course.

The 'confederate' traitors made war. The vile criminals were put down like the dogs they were. Apologists today for the evil of that time are lower than dogs and deserve no less.

Screw your apologist bullshit, scumbag. :fu:

Think what one will of Lincoln, nothing he did was worse than what the institution of slavery inflicted on our fellow humans.
Right. Throwing innocent Americans into concentration camps and slaughtering 850,000 .....

That did not happen. Criminals incarcerated for committing crimes are not "concentration camps," and criminals killed in the course of committing crime are not "slaughtered," they are getting what they deserve.
The only "crime" they committed was criticizing Lincoln and his policies. ......

Pick up a gun and go shoot at an American soldier. You'll get what you deserve as the traitors you worship got theirs.

When did I ever say I was infallible. I don't claim something is true because I say it's true. I say it's true because the evidence shows it to be true.

Wrong. The 'confederate' traitors made war. The vile criminals were put down like the dogs they were. Apologists today for the evil of that time are lower than dogs and deserve no less.

The 'confederate' traitors made war. The vile criminals were put down like the dogs they were. Apologists today for the evil of that time are lower than dogs and deserve no less.

Lincoln invaded Virginia. Lincoln trespassed on Ft Sumter. Lincoln is the one who made war. Lincoln is the one who slaughtered 850,000 Americans.

When did I ever say I was infallible. I don't claim something is true because I say it's true. I say it's true because the evidence shows it to be true.

Which brings us back to the legal interpretation of justices on the US Supreme Court vs some uneducated scumbag on the internet. Hmmm......

Lincoln invaded Virginia. .....

A nation cannot invade itself.

...but there is one big beautiful one in the process of 'luving' itself.

One can sense him stamping his feet.

I think it's pretty clear from early American sources that the right of secession was an understood natural right. The founders hoped secession would never be invoked, but they did not prohibit it. Certainly one of the core principles--if not the core principle--of the American Revolution was that the colonies had a natural right to peacefully separate from England and that it was immoral and unnatural for England to deny that right.

All that being said, the Deep South picked a terrible time to invoke the right of secession. There was no valid cause or compelling reason for secession. I believe that the right of secession is absolute and that the Deep South should have been allowed to leave in peace, but Jefferson Davis's horrendous handling of dealings with the U.S. made that impossible under the then-existing conditions.

Last edited:
There was no right of secession. There is always the 'right' to renege on agreements, to break promises and oaths, in that one can do it and try to get away with it. History show innumerable illustrations of both successes and failures in this regard.
There was a contest of words and insistence on both sides that they were right. When men get into such situations, they eventually resort to violence to 'settle' the matter. The South was no different, no more original than any other group. They did lack the sense to know from the start that they could not win. They lacked the humanity to see that they should not win.
They did not win.

There was no right of secession.

Yes, there was. Both of America's early legal giants, George Tucker and William Rawle, said secession was a constitutional right, since the framers were careful to omit from the Constitution any statement that even implied that ratification was irrevocable and any statement that the federal union was permanent. Again, one of the main principles of the American Revolution was that the colonies had a natural right to peacefully separate from England and that England was violating natural law by trying to force the colonies to remain British. Plus, James Madison expressly said the federal government had no right to use force against a state. To believe that the framers intended for the federal government to be able to use force to maintain the Union is to believe that they gave the federal government a right that they bitterly denied belonged to the British government.

The American Revolution and the Right of Peaceful Separation

Proof that the Union was Supposed to be Voluntary

One can sense him stamping his feet.
One can sense you getting a score of 15 on an I.Q. test

Forum List

Back