CNN Anchor: ‘Our Rights Do Not Come From God’

obama-and-his-spiritual-leader.jpg

The idea of one having "Rights" is a fluid concept created by man. It is the by-product of being highly intelligent beings capable of abstract thought. From an empathetic stand point, men would say "well what would I want to live a happy life? Rights that give me X, Y, and Z. That should be for everyone."

Being capable of abstract thought, provides for the means to reason, the means to reason provides for the means to recognize the laws of nature which govern our existence. Our rights are intrinsic to those laws of nature. That someone recognizes that, does not provide that they 'created' their rights. At best all we can do is to sustain our means to exercise those rights.

There is no god. The discussion is therefore pointless.

That part you don't know for sure. If you did you could tell us all what's coming.

Dopey logic. Nobody knows what's coming. It's life.

Talk about dopey, if nobody knows what's coming how do you know what isn't?

You think those are the same thing? Brilliant.

There is no god. It's a fairy tale. Nice story and all...but just a story.

Most were Diests.

Thomas Paine
I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of...Each of those churches accuse the other of unbelief; and for my own part, I disbelieve them all."

George Washington
The first president of the United States, never declared himself a Christian according to contemporary reports or in any of his voluminous correspondence. Washington Championed the cause of freedom from religious intolerance and compulsion. When John Murray (a universalist who denied the existence of hell) was invited to become an army chaplain, the other chaplains petitioned Washington for his dismissal. Instead, Washington gave him the appointment. On his deathbed, Washington uttered no words of a religious nature and did not call for a clergyman to be in attendance.

John Adams
The country's second president, was drawn to the study of law but faced pressure from his father to become a clergyman. He wrote that he found among the lawyers 'noble and gallant achievements" but among the clergy, the "pretended sanctity of some absolute dunces". Late in life he wrote: "Twenty times in the course of my late reading, have I been upon the point of breaking out, "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it!"
It was during Adam's administration that the Senate ratified the Treaty of Peace and Friendship, which states in Article XI that "the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion."

Thomas Jefferson
Third president and author of the Declaration of Independence, said:"I trust that there is not a young man now living in the United States who will not die a Unitarian." He referred to the Revelation of St. John as "the ravings of a maniac" and wrote:
The Christian priesthood, finding the doctrines of Christ levelled to every understanding and too plain to need explanation, saw, in the mysticisms of Plato, materials with which they might build up an artificial system which might, from its indistinctness, admit everlasting controversy, give employment for their order, and introduce it to profit, power, and pre-eminence. The doctrines which flowed from the lips of Jesus himself are within the comprehension of a child; but thousands of volumes have not yet explained the Platonisms engrafted on them: and for this obvious reason that nonsense can never be explained."

James Madison
The fourth president and father of the Constitution, was not religious in any conventional sense. "Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."
"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."

Ethan Allen
Whose capture of Fort Ticonderoga while commanding the Green Mountain Boys helped inspire Congress and the country to pursue the War of Independence, said, "That Jesus Christ was not God is evidence from his own words." In the same book, Allen noted that he was generally "denominated a Deist, the reality of which I never disputed, being conscious that I am no Christian." When Allen married Fanny Buchanan, he stopped his own wedding ceremony when the judge asked him if he promised "to live with Fanny Buchanan agreeable to the laws of God." Allen refused to answer until the judge agreed that the God referred to was the God of Nature, and the laws those "written in the great book of nature."

Benjamin Franklin
Delegate to the Continental Congress and the Constitutional Convention, said:
As to Jesus of Nazareth, my Opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the System of Morals and his Religion...has received various corrupting Changes, and I have, with most of the present dissenters in England, some doubts as to his Divinity; tho' it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an opportunity of knowing the Truth with less trouble." He died a month later, and historians consider him, like so many great Americans of his time, to be a Deist, not a Christian.

Were our founding fathers Christians or Diests

The most influential of our founding fathers were diests, and probably would be considered agnostics today.
I think some or many were both. They were politicians and while they questioned the accepted dogma they played it safe with both the people and their own beliefs.

The idea of one having "Rights" is a fluid concept created by man. It is the by-product of being highly intelligent beings capable of abstract thought. From an empathetic stand point, men would say "well what would I want to live a happy life? Rights that give me X, Y, and Z. That should be for everyone."

Being capable of abstract thought, provides for the means to reason, the means to reason provides for the means to recognize the laws of nature which govern our existence. Our rights are intrinsic to those laws of nature. That someone recognizes that, does not provide that they 'created' their rights. At best all we can do is to sustain our means to exercise those rights.
What laws of nature that govern our existence are you referring to?

That part you don't know for sure. If you did you could tell us all what's coming.

I'm not following your logic. You apparently know God doesn't exist because you don't know what does or doesn't exist. Is that right?

Quite true.

Funny that God has been around, supposedly, since before the dawn of man, but he never told humans about their God given rights for thousands of years?

LOL!

The Reader should recognize that spotting the Anti-American is as easy as finding a Leftist and getting them to speak.

And it shouldn't be much of a surprise, reading the comments of the advocates of foreign ideas hostile to American principle... how the US financial markets crashed, when the natural principles that sustain the viability of that industry were said to be 'optional' abstracts, human contrivances.

When in truth, what were human contrivances, were the perverse notions of fairness that led to that catastrophic failure, and the failure of the black culture, the city of Detroit, the US Electronic, Steel, Textile industries and it is the same one that is presently crippling the US Healthcare and health insurance industries.

And it's the same perversion of human reasoning; the same feckless artifice that is crippling the US Culture, wherein it is being declared that demonstrable, profound ABNORMALITY is perfectly normal.

In short, what you see in the debauchery, hedonistic depravity which has rained down on this thread; granted by my invitation... and yes... it was a trap, designed to give it the chance to speak... is little more than Old Testament Evil.

The would-be 'people' who profess such drivel, are not Americans and their views are diametrically opposed to the principles that define America; such is in fact, vehemently hostile to American principle, and those who recognize, respect, defend and adhere TO those principles, OKA: Americans.

I'm not following your logic. You apparently know God doesn't exist because you don't know what does or doesn't exist. Is that right?

I know there is no god because I've been told all of my life that I have to believe in him if I am to know him. That's bullshit. All that dude has to do is show up in my soup or turn my water into Guiness draft...and he'll have another follower. I mean...the dude has a huge advertising budget. What for?

Cause and effect... would be the first that comes to mind. 'Reward a person for working and the most likely outcome is that they will not...'. "Reward someone to work and the most likely outcome is that they will." "Lend to those with a track record of successfully servicing debt and the most likely outcome is that the debt will be paid." "Lend to those with a poor record of servicing debt and the most likely outcome is that the debt will not be repaid', Etc, etc... .

Cause and effect... would be the first that comes to mind. 'Reward a person for working and the most likely outcome is that they will not...'. "Reward someone to work and the most likely outcome is that they will." "Lend to those with a track record of successfully servicing debt and the most likely outcome is that the debt will be paid." "Lend to those with a poor record of servicing debt and the most likely outcome is that the debt will not be repaid', Etc, etc... .

What a load of shit.

So gun rights advocates never resort to going to the Supreme Court to secure their 2nd amendment rights? Are you sure about that? lol

We go to the Supreme Court, as a means to settle the dispute, without having to erase you people.

Those days are quickly coming to an end however.

Ya see, Leftism... in all of its innumerable facets rests upon Relativism.

Relativism is the doctrine which holds that knowledge, truth, and morality exist only in relation to one's cultural, societal, historical and personal context, and, as such can never be the result of soundly reasoned absolutes.

It is through this deviation in reason that relativism axiomatically rejects the objectivity which is essential to truth.

And with truth being essential to trust and, both of those being critical to the establishment of a soundly reasoned morality, and because a soundly reasoned morality is essential to Justice... it becomes clear to reasonable people, that Relativism can never serve justice.

When the system which services justice fails to provide for such, justice will be served by other means. (That's sorta why the Justice System came into being... But let's be honest, there was no way you could have known that... . It should also by noted that THAT is how the United States came into being.)

Last edited:

What a load of shit.

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

I know there is no god because I've been told all of my life that I have to believe in him if I am to know him. That's bullshit. All that dude has to do is show up in my soup or turn my water into Guiness draft...and he'll have another follower. I mean...the dude has a huge advertising budget. What for?

That's how you know? Sounds like pretty thin evidence to me. How can you know how much you don't know?

Why would a deist invoke the name of a creator?
The Declaration of Independence was written for a purpose, to gain support for the Revolution. The revolutionists needed colonists to support their cause, and a number had religious beliefs, secondly the revolutionists wanted some allies, namely France. Jefferson also used the words from the Age of Enlightenment. In short the Declaration of Independence was a form of propaganda appealing for help and support.

ROFLMNAO!

Ladies and Gents of the USMB... I present you a classic demonstration of the fundamental "Ignorance", which is the third element of Left-think. With luck she'll offer demonstrations of "Deceit and Fraud" to balance things out.

The declaration of independance didn't write itself. It was the work of one man.

(The Charter of American Principles was originally drafted by Tom Jefferson, but as declared, it had been long debated by several members of the committee established for such, which included among others John Adams... after which it was signed by the colonial congress after being ratified by the legislatures of the respective states. So the Anti-American, cited above, is dead wrong.

The avowed Deist, Thomas Jefferson. You'd love his reimagined Bible. With all the divinity and miracles edited out.

HEY! There ya go. How nice... .

Deceit, FRAUD and Ignorance... The fundamental elements of Left-think.

Last edited:

That's how you know? Sounds like pretty thin evidence to me. How can you know how much you don't know?

Silly nutter. You are claiming to know that which I do not know...and you know that I don't know what you don't know. Know what I mean?

What a load of shit.

Yes the far left dunes are that indeed!

Why would a deist invoke the name of a creator?
The Declaration of Independence was written for a purpose, to gain support for the Revolution. The revolutionists needed colonists to support their cause, and a number had religious beliefs, secondly the revolutionists wanted some allies, namely France. Jefferson also used the words from the Age of Enlightenment. In short the Declaration of Independence was a form of propaganda appealing for help and support.

So as a leftist, you assume that everyone else is prone to use deceit, fraud and ignorance to cajole and coerce the ignorant?

(Reader, note how easy it is to spot evil...

1-find a Leftist

2- Get them to speak.)

Forum List

Back