CNN Legal Analysts: Merchan Violated the Constitution

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
We all know what Merchan did. It was a low moment in American jurisprudence, the worst in decades.

A court that Stalin would have been proud of.

“I hate to do this, but I would be remiss if I didn’t,” Zelin said. “Whether you are driving in a Ford or a Ferrari, if someone gives you bad directions, you’re going to end up lost. And those jury instructions were just a complete, just take the Constitution, throw it out a window, burn it, shoot it, and hang it.”​
“I think that the jury instructions had a very key flaw here, which is the falsification of business records had to be in furtherance of some other crime and there wasn’t really great instructions on what that other crime was,” Parlatore said in response to a question about whether the jury instructions might lead to an appeals court overturning the verdict.​
“Under New York state law, they’re not required to say which it is. But when they do, the judge has to instruct them on that specific crime. And the problem here is they don’t have to prove that they actually committed that other crime. They don’t have to prove that they actually had [Federal Election Commission] violations, but they have to show that what they intended to do was in fact a crime. And that I think is really the shortfall in the jury instructions is the lack of an explanation to this jury as to the federal election law.”​

Ed Morrissey​

Read it all. Elie Honig later added that a failure to sequester the jury in a case with this much publicity will likely result in a reversal, in addition to other errors made by Merchan. I was also puzzled that Merchan didn't order sequestration during at least the deliberations, if not for the entire trial.​

There are some, in fact, many, too many, in the U.S who are in positions of authority who want to destroy America. The world sees all of this and Americas enemies celebrate all of this in kind.

As an example, when Putin started arresting people for protesting our P.M called out the fascist tactics. Putin stated succinctly that Canada arrested our truckers for protesting during covid so basically "you are hypocrites". Canada didn't have a response. How could we?

This type of kangaroo court case is going to lead to such a response. There is going to be some political rival in some shytehole country who is going to be popular with the people and some trumped up charges are going to have him sitting in a courtroom. The West will call out the leaders tactics and they will say "what did you do to Trump for 8 years"?

Repeated actions by certain people in the U.S are leading to the loss of global goodwill and influence. These people are neither impressive nor principled. You can't keep buying friends, you have to lead by example and win the hearts and minds of world citizens who will then demand from their governments to be more like America. Based on the actions of the radical unAmericans in New York and some loser Neo-Con fools, America and all of the West will pay a steep price going forward.

Again, the lack of self awareness and even concern is startling. You must rid yourself of the political oligarch.

We all know what Merchan did. It was a low moment in American jurisprudence, the worst in decades.

A court that Stalin would have been proud of.

“I hate to do this, but I would be remiss if I didn’t,” Zelin said. “Whether you are driving in a Ford or a Ferrari, if someone gives you bad directions, you’re going to end up lost. And those jury instructions were just a complete, just take the Constitution, throw it out a window, burn it, shoot it, and hang it.”​
“I think that the jury instructions had a very key flaw here, which is the falsification of business records had to be in furtherance of some other crime and there wasn’t really great instructions on what that other crime was,” Parlatore said in response to a question about whether the jury instructions might lead to an appeals court overturning the verdict.​
“Under New York state law, they’re not required to say which it is. But when they do, the judge has to instruct them on that specific crime. And the problem here is they don’t have to prove that they actually committed that other crime. They don’t have to prove that they actually had [Federal Election Commission] violations, but they have to show that what they intended to do was in fact a crime. And that I think is really the shortfall in the jury instructions is the lack of an explanation to this jury as to the federal election law.”​

Ed Morrissey​

Read it all. Elie Honig later added that a failure to sequester the jury in a case with this much publicity will likely result in a reversal, in addition to other errors made by Merchan. I was also puzzled that Merchan didn't order sequestration during at least the deliberations, if not for the entire trial.​

It was in furtherance of a crime, election fraud. The people voting should know that the blob was a whoremonger, right?

As for the non-sequester....LOL...its silly to think that non sequestration would cause a different outcome.

I listened to Ellie Honig...he was rather upset that, according to him, the jury got 9 sentences of instructions about federal election law whereas "libraries" (using his word) have been written about the subject. If he is right about that, no jury in the world could hear a case unless they are all experts on election law.

Bottom line; the blob is guilty, I'm glad they found him guilty, I hope they punish his ass. Next month, however, this topic will likely never be brought up again since the "deep state" will somehow, mysteriously, let him off with a slap on the wrist.

Oh please... we all know what this was... the enemy of freedom our media knows what this was... the GOP knows what this was... it was a third world political take down and the only way it was made possible is due to a failed watch dog media who is bought and sold... and a weak GOP....

Hearing time... :(:45:...

1717304544219.png

Oh please... we all know what this was... the enemy of freedom our media knows what this was... the GOP knows what this was... it was a third world political take down and the only way it was made possible is due to a failed watch dog media who is bought and sold... and a weak GOP....
There's a reason why it's called the Uniparty. Democrats and Republicans aren't actually political opponents.

The constitution states that all verdicts in a courtroom by a jury must be unanimous.

The judge told the jury they do not need to be unanimous. If just one person was siding with guilty, then the entire jury had to say guilty on that charge despite how the other 11 jurors felt. That is where the judge violated the constitution.

The judge is not in his right mind they have him under a wicked wizardry spell.

It was in furtherance of a crime, election fraud. The people voting should know that the blob was a whoremonger, right?

As for the non-sequester....LOL...its silly to think that non sequestration would cause a different outcome.

I listened to Ellie Honig...he was rather upset that, according to him, the jury got 9 sentences of instructions about federal election law whereas "libraries" (using his word) have been written about the subject. If he is right about that, no jury in the world could hear a case unless they are all experts on election law.

Bottom line; the blob is guilty, I'm glad they found him guilty, I hope they punish his ass. Next month, however, this topic will likely never be brought up again since the "deep state" will somehow, mysteriously, let him off with a slap on the wrist.

Yeah, you are buying whatever crap the Dems tell you to buy.

Can't share a nation with this.

Two options:

They are figuratively driven out to the desert OR

We must split

You're absolutely right. If we had a fair, honest, and objective press, there is no way in hell the Biden/DOJ and the corrupt NY court would have dared pull this stunt. But because they have a surrogate media wholly in bed with them that will mostly sugar coat it and try to make the public believe everything on the up and up, they expect to get away with it.

Just look at the USMB troll brigade all saying the same dishonest assigned talking points in unison. They have no personal pride and neither does the American media for the most part these days. But thanks to Elon Musk wrestling at least one major social media platform away from a malicious left and a few other still credible sources, a whole lot of Americans weren't fooled this time.

I don' know how it will all end. But I am encouraged that Patriots who have hung back for far too long are now standing up to be counted. I just hope there are enough of us who will do the right thing to make a difference.

Ok, was he charged with election fraud? Was he found guilty of election fraud? If it "furthered another crime" how can it be one he wasn't even charged with, much less found guilty of?
Not disclosing his extramarital affair was information the voters should have had.

How many times did your God bang Stormy? The public had a right to know

How much of the $130K went toe Stormy...how much to her attorney? The public had the right to know?

Was your God’s affair with Stormy the only one or were there several? The public had the right to know.

Are you seriously suggesting that he didn’t fuck Stormy?

Not disclosing his extramarital affair was information the voters should have had.

How much of the $130K went toe Stormy...how much to her attorney? The public had the right to know?

Was your God’s affair with Stormy the only one or were there several? The public had the right to know.

You cannot prosecute federal election fraud in a county court.

Well, I mean you used to not be able to, when we were America.

Then why was a case that centered around federal election fraud prosecuted in state court?

There's a reason why it's called the Uniparty. Democrats and Republicans aren't actually political opponents.
well, I tend to think this statement is a little extreme-- although, really who knows ?

I have noticed how the R and D in Congress seem a little chummy a lot of the time. How can you be pals with people who are destroying the country? How can you be friends w/ people who iMO appear to be demonically possessed, or at least influenced?

I was watching the Fauci debacle in Congress earlier and frankly, I couldn't even stomach the BS the dims were putting out, so didn't bother watching since their first statements went something like this

Oh Fauci, you are so awesome! You worked so hard to be a good doctor about the covid problem and here we are with the Republicans persecuting you for no reason

WHO in God's name is going to listen to anything a Congressperson says after hearing THAT?! NO way.

So there is a difference btwn R and D... but then MTG said some interesting things and it looked like even Rs were getting on her case just bc she wouldn't call Fauci a doctor, for crying out loud! I wasn't sure who said what bc I had to do CCs but it looked like Rs were even joining the Ds to crititicize her for that. She refused to back down (at that time anyway...)

Good for her! :)

She would be a good VP!

(Oh, I just noticed you're not a R... well, I can't take back anything I've said.. just probably wasted it on another lib)

The constitution states that all verdicts in a courtroom by a jury must be unanimous.

The judge told the jury they do not need to be unanimous. If just one person was siding with guilty, then the entire jury had to say guilty on that charge despite how the other 11 jurors felt. That is where the judge violated the constitution.

The judge is not in his right mind they have him under a wicked wizardry spell.

Dayum, I can't even begin to guess where you get your news from that you actually believe the jury was instructed a unanimous decision wasn't necessary for a conviction. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back