CNN/ORC Poll: Bush surges to 2016 GOP frontrunner

True fiscal conservatives are concerned with more than just slashing taxes

Agree - balancing the budget (my goal and I think a lot of folks share that goal) is not gonna happen by just cutting taxes. That may be very politically popular, but when you've been propping up your lifestyle by spending your great-grandchildren's money, just cutting taxes is not gonna do the trick.

Yes, true conservatives want to cut spending too, which is why Hillary and your claims to be fiscally conservative are ridiculous. Cutting taxes and spending grows the economy and reduces the overhead of government on the economy as a percentage. Taxing and spending shrinks the economy and increases the burden of government on the economy.

Obviously, they are the ones you fear the most. If they weren't, you would be urging us to vote for them instead of dismiss them.
Vote for them! I'm urging! Get Poor Sarah in there, too! And Bachmann! Maybe you can bring back Pat Robertson, Gary Bauer, Pat Buchanan, and David Duke, too!
4i6Ckte.gif
No, I think you're afraid of Cruz, Sessions, Gowdy, Lee, Carson, and West. Your mention of Palin and the others is your attempt at distraction. You fear the ones you mentioned first, especially Cruz.

curz has dual citizenship with Canada.

I don't know about you but most Americans want a president who has citizenship to one nation. America.

Speaking for myself, cruz isn't even an American. I don't consider a man who was born in Canada and has citizenship to Canada an American citizen with the ability to be our president.

On top of that he's stupid and has a god complex. If you think that anyone is afraid of cruz being president I've got a wonderful bridge to sell you right in the middle of the Mojave Desert.

I'm terrified at the idea that Ted Cruz could be President

But I realize that Cruz is an asshole who is hated by both Democrats and Republicans and has no chance of actually winning

Cruz doesn't scare me. I don't think he could get his own party to go along with him on a non-binding resolution to express a preference on the name of a bridge. IMHO - he would make Carter look like a very effective POTUS.

He might follow the Republicans in Congress, but he could never lead then, so he couldn't lead them into mischief.

Bottom line is that Cruz is just not a likeable guy

Cross between McCarthy and Nixon

Actually a true fiscal conservative is concerned with both revenue and expenditures

That is why TeaTards are so full of shit

How is cutting taxes and cutting spending inconsistent, big guy?

Because you need both adequate revenue and low enough spending to balance a budget

If you have massive debt like conservatives are always whining about, slashing taxes while you cut spending is defeating the purpose

So you agree with the tea party and they are full of shit. You are the one full of shit.

"Ted Cruz, Jeff Sessions, Trey Gowdy, Mike Lee, Dr Carson, Alan West have no chance"

True.

All are extreme rightwing zealots.

Voters despise extremism, left or right – a lesson democrats have learned, and most republicans not.

The Democratic Party contains no zealots??????????
Are you really trying to go there?

Wow, a Marxist doesn't like a tea partier. That is scary, you convinced me he has no chance. I guess I will support Jeb Bush then. Sure, he may be identical to the Democrats, but our side will win!

You couldn't sell a glass of lemonade to a grandmother.

Actually a true fiscal conservative is concerned with both revenue and expenditures

That is why TeaTards are so full of shit

How is cutting taxes and cutting spending inconsistent, big guy?

Because you need both adequate revenue and low enough spending to balance a budget

If you have massive debt like conservatives are always whining about, slashing taxes while you cut spending is defeating the purpose

So you agree with the tea party and they are full of shit. You are the one full of shit.

TeaTards only care about cutting taxes regardless of the economic conditions. They pray to the God of Austerity and don't care who gets hurt

Vote for them! I'm urging! Get Poor Sarah in there, too! And Bachmann! Maybe you can bring back Pat Robertson, Gary Bauer, Pat Buchanan, and David Duke, too!
4i6Ckte.gif
No, I think you're afraid of Cruz, Sessions, Gowdy, Lee, Carson, and West. Your mention of Palin and the others is your attempt at distraction. You fear the ones you mentioned first, especially Cruz.

curz has dual citizenship with Canada.

I don't know about you but most Americans want a president who has citizenship to one nation. America.

Speaking for myself, cruz isn't even an American. I don't consider a man who was born in Canada and has citizenship to Canada an American citizen with the ability to be our president.

On top of that he's stupid and has a god complex. If you think that anyone is afraid of cruz being president I've got a wonderful bridge to sell you right in the middle of the Mojave Desert.

I'm terrified at the idea that Ted Cruz could be President

But I realize that Cruz is an asshole who is hated by both Democrats and Republicans and has no chance of actually winning

Cruz doesn't scare me. I don't think he could get his own party to go along with him on a non-binding resolution to express a preference on the name of a bridge. IMHO - he would make Carter look like a very effective POTUS.

He might follow the Republicans in Congress, but he could never lead then, so he couldn't lead them into mischief.

Well yeah - a lot of folks on the far right need to realize that being hateful and mean-spirited turns a lot of people away.

NOT doing themselves ANY favors

"If you have massive debt like conservatives are always whining about, slashing taxes while you cut spending is defeating the purpose"

And slashing taxes while you INCREASE spending is insane!

TeaTards only care about cutting taxes regardless of the economic conditions. They pray to the God of Austerity and don't care who gets hurt

What does that even mean, cut taxes and don't care who gets hurt?

And once again you don't know what you are talking about. Rest assured big guy, they don't just want to cut my tax bill, they want to cut your government check as well. All is good. What you don't know about the world around you would fill tomes.

"Rest assured big guy, they don't just want to cut my tax bill, they want to cut your government check as well."

Personally, I'll believe that when I see it. I have to see some evidence that something is true before I swallow it. I'm apparently kinda "different" that way.

And once again you don't know what you are talking about. Rest assured big guy, they don't just want to cut my tax bill, they want to cut your government check as well. All is good. What you don't know about the world around you would fill tomes.

But strangely, Teatards don't want to cut programs that they benefit from

But strangely, Teatards don't want to cut programs that they benefit from

Every is out there fighting for their pet boondoggles. Even those who try to sell themselves as "fiscally conservative."

Given the RINO's to the left of him, and the fascists to the right, a Plutocrat Neo Con looks like a contender for the GOP Nomination. Of course the voters in that race are equal divided into far right fascists and far far right neo Nazi's, and leave the RINO's out of the race splitting the vote among the fascists.

He has the lead, but it's a post-announcement surge. Christie and Rubio and Cruz and Santorum will all get one too. Exception might be Paul, whose base is probably pretty much tapped until he campaigns.

He has the lead, but it's a post-announcement surge. Christie and Rubio and Cruz and Santorum will all get one too. Exception might be Paul, whose base is probably pretty much tapped until he campaigns.

Their $urge won't come close to hi$ $urge.

rand paul sure has done a number on the conservatives and republicans.

rand paul is the guy who went on Rachel Maddow's show and proclaimed he doesn't support and would not have voted for the civil rights act or the voting rights act.

That's not even close to moderate. That's far right.

rand paul is the guy who went on Rachel Maddow's show and proclaimed he doesn't support and would not have voted for the civil rights act or the voting rights act.

Paul (much like his father) is weird. He has a mix of extreme far right policies, libertarian policies, and even a few progressive ones. This is why I think his room for growth is smaller than just about any other candidate. Iowa has a libertarian streak though, with a win there and some establishment/moderate splintering (say, Romney, Bush, and Christie all run) he could contend for the nomination.

Paul (much like his father) is weird. He has a mix of extreme far right policies, libertarian policies, and even a few progressive ones. This is why I think his room for growth is smaller than just about any other candidate. Iowa has a libertarian streak though, with a win there and some establishment/moderate splintering (say, Romney, Bush, and Christie all run) he could contend for the nomination.
Paul has been toning down his message and moving more towards the center

He will do better than his father but his libertarian outreach will limit his popularity

Given his history and his current positions - I'd be surprised to see him EVER poll more than about 15% nationally. He maybe could win a few crowded primaries, but I don't see him as a serious contender at all. I guess we will see..

Given his history and his current positions - I'd be surprised to see him EVER poll more than about 15% nationally. He maybe could win a few crowded primaries, but I don't see him as a serious contender at all. I guess we will see..
Ron Paul came close to winning Iowa last time. And between his loyal base there and the knee-jerk bump one always gets from winning Iowa, winning New Hampshire could have very well happened. Then who knows?

That is the main thing that keeps me from writing him off.

Forum List

Back