Colin Gray: 2nd Degree Murder?

Carl in Michigan

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
Does anybody REALLY think this is right? Can you make a case? Seems to me the State is carrying out MOB JUSTICE. Do words even matter? Murder has a definition.

The father of the 14-year-old Apalachee High School shooting suspect faces two counts of second-degree murder in connection with this week’s Georgia attack that left four dead – charges that push the legal limits of parental responsibility for a child’s alleged gun crime.

Definition of 2nd Degree Murder:

What Is Second-Degree Murder?​

When someone intentionally kills another person without premeditation, the case may be called second-degree murder. In such cases, the perpetrators comprehend that their actions can lead to death or considerable damage.

The father “knowingly allowed him to possess the weapon. His charges are directly connected to the actions of his son,” Chris Hosey, director of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, said at an evening news conference. He provided no other details on what led to the charging decision — or its remarkable speed.

I am sure the father wasn't giving him the gun for "protection". They talked (father and son) both talked quite lengthy - I'm sure - before the father gave him the gun.

The father “knowingly allowed him to possess the weapon. His charges are directly connected to the actions of his son,” Chris Hosey, director of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, said at an evening news conference. He provided no other details on what led to the charging decision — or its remarkable speed.

I am sure the father wasn't giving him the gun for "protection". They talked (father and son) both talked quite lengthy - I'm sure - before the father gave him the gun.
Did the father intentionally kill someone? Did he give his son the gun with the INTENT to kill someone?

This is mob justice.

I'm fine with it though I suspect it's just charge stacking to get him to plea to the manslaughter charges.....He better or a jury will give him so much time he will have to rent a U-Haul to carry it all to prison.

Does anybody REALLY think this is right? Can you make a case? Seems to me the State is carrying out MOB JUSTICE. Do words even matter? Murder has a definition.

The father of the 14-year-old Apalachee High School shooting suspect faces two counts of second-degree murder in connection with this week’s Georgia attack that left four dead – charges that push the legal limits of parental responsibility for a child’s alleged gun crime.
He knew the kid was dangerous.

He promised law enforcement he wouldn't have access to the guns without his permission.

I think this is totally right and it needs to be the practice for any parent who lets a minor have access to guns.

He knew the kid was dangerous.

He promised law enforcement he wouldn't have access to the guns without his permission.

I think this is totally right and it needs to be the practice for any parent who lets a minor have access to guns.
While I agree that a 15 year old kid has no business or any valid reason to own an AR-15, unless the father knew the kid was going to do this, I’m not sure how he can be held liable.

If a parent buys their kid a car and that kid goes and drives over 20 people in a crowd, is the parent liable?

Forum List

Back