Colleges Drop Christian ORgs for Not Allowing NonChristians to Lead the Orgs

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Lol, PC Nazis strike again!

Colleges Withdraw Recognition From Christian Groups For Not Allowing Non-Christians To Lead Them

It seems like a no-brainer. One would expect that the president of an arts club would have an interest in art. Or that the leader of the College Republicans or College Democrats would themselves be a Republican or a Democrat, respectively. Or that the captain of the club golf team can play golf. But when it comes to religious clubs on college campuses, the same logic doesn’t apply.

Bowdoin College’s Christian Fellowship will no longer be recognized after the end of this school year. No, they didn’t lose their campus privileges because they threw wild parties or hazed freshmen. Instead, they refused the college’s demands to allow anyone, regardless of their faith, to run for election as the leader of their group, the New York Times reports. And it’s not just at Bowdoin – it’s happening across the country.

Evangelical groups have also lost their status at Vanderbilt, Tufts University, the State University of New York at Buffalo, and Rollins College in Florida. Cal State’s 23 campuses are preparing to withdraw recognition this summer on all Christian groups that “are refusing to pledge not to discriminate on the basis of religion in the selection of their leaders

Lol, the PC Nazis do not recognize a right to freely assemble, which carries with it the right to NOT assemble with those you don't want to allow into the assembly.

Of course it figures this would happen in an academic setting, the last refuge for idiots that cannot find success in the private sector, i.e. the real world.

They could allow non Christian leaders as long as there is full compliance with the rules and prayer requirements.

They could allow non Christian leaders as long as there is full compliance with the rules and prayer requirements.

Exactly, if in fact actually elected, which is doubtful. The organizations obviously use PUBLIC facilities.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

The extremes both practice PC.

I can see the twisted argument if public funding is used for the club.

The Christians club should, and I would advise, go private.

Not twisted according to the USSC, yes, go private. But what non Christian is going win an election to a Christian organization, and follow the regs, which are Christian?

Not twisted according to the USSC, yes, go private. But what non Christian is going win an election to a Christian organization, and follow the regs, which are Christian?

Easily, by being infiltrated.

Then the members disband, start a new group. It should be easy to stop "infiltration". And, those intent on infiltrating a Christian club could learn something from the devout members.:eusa_angel:

Colleges Withdraw Recognition From Christian Groups For Not Allowing Non-Christians To Lead Them

It seems like a no-brainer. One would expect that the president of an arts club would have an interest in art. Or that the leader of the College Republicans or College Democrats would themselves be a Republican or a Democrat, respectively. Or that the captain of the club golf team can play golf. But when it comes to religious clubs on college campuses, the same logic doesn’t apply.

Bowdoin College’s Christian Fellowship will no longer be recognized after the end of this school year. No, they didn’t lose their campus privileges because they threw wild parties or hazed freshmen. Instead, they refused the college’s demands to allow anyone, regardless of their faith, to run for election as the leader of their group, the New York Times reports. And it’s not just at Bowdoin – it’s happening across the country.

Evangelical groups have also lost their status at Vanderbilt, Tufts University, the State University of New York at Buffalo, and Rollins College in Florida. Cal State’s 23 campuses are preparing to withdraw recognition this summer on all Christian groups that “are refusing to pledge not to discriminate on the basis of religion in the selection of their leaders

Lol, the PC Nazis do not recognize a right to freely assemble, which carries with it the right to NOT assemble with those you don't want to allow into the assembly.

Of course it figures this would happen in an academic setting, the last refuge for idiots that cannot find success in the private sector, i.e. the real world.

And yet you have posted against occupiers and marriage equality.

You don't get to pick and choose who gets Constitutional rights.

And yet you have posted against occupiers and marriage equality.

You don't get to pick and choose who gets Constitutional rights.

Until determined by the USSC, yes, one does. At least in those events governed by law, never privately.

Exactly, if in fact actually elected, which is doubtful. The organizations obviously use PUBLIC facilities.

No, Katz and Peach, every organization has the freedom of assembly right to decide who are members and who can be leaders. Why not have beer company lobbyists run for election of AA groups? or have neo-Nazis run for leadership in Jewish groups?

There is no right to be a member of a private group nor the right to run for the offices of a private group.

Lol, cant believe you two are serious.

Then the members disband, start a new group. It should be easy to stop "infiltration". And, those intent on infiltrating a Christian club could learn something from the devout members.:eusa_angel:

It isn't easy Peach since the groups have to go through months long processes to get approved by all the collegiate oversight groups and student groups.

Damnit. I hate stories like this.

They force me to agree the idiot who posted it.

As for her analysis -- like I said, idiot.

Damnit. I hate stories like this.

They force me to agree the idiot who posted it.

As for her analysis -- like I said, idiot.

lol

So do black student groups have to allow white people to run them? I guarantee you, the answer is "no."

There is no way under any circumstance that a college would deny the existence of a muslim group if the muslim group denied a Jew membership or a leadership position. The muslims would only allow it as an opportunity to teach effective assassination technique.

Forum List

Back