Colorado Valedictorian DID Get To Come Out In Her Speech – And The Crowd LOVED It

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Times are changing in America, or as Bob Dylan said in the song the times they are a changin'

Last week a Boulder Colorado student made national news when his school decided that not only would they deny the student “coming out” in his graduation speech, but the school decided to call the parents to tell them why shortly before the graduation.

Problem was, Rob and Alise Curry had no idea their son Evan was gay.
This Colorado Valedictorian DID Get To Come Out In Her Speech And The Crowd LOVED It Video

This Colorado Valedictorian DID Get To Come Out In Her Speech And The Crowd LOVED It Video

I could care less about who's gay or who isn't. Is a valedictorian speech really the appropriate forum for you to be announcing who you fuck?

So you must also be against this at a Public state college

I think she's nuts, but how that's relevant to the topic at hand is beyond me.

So this little cupcake was the only one graduating. No one else mattered or counted.

Valedictorians speak on behalf of the graduating class. Not make it all about them. But this isn't a normal person. This is someone who believes everything is always about them.
Actually it is their time, they are not, usually, class president. They earned it and are often given wide latitude.

He was the valedictorian. He earned the right to say whatever the fuck he wanted.
Has to be appropriate and approved. Can't let some 18 year old go up there and shoot their mouth off...don't know any idiot that would allow that...school did right thing in letting his parents know...lets hope they can get him some mental health help.
Being gay isn't mental, being you is.

He was the valedictorian. He earned the right to say whatever the fuck he wanted.
Has to be appropriate and approved. Can't let some 18 year old go up there and shoot their mouth off...don't know any idiot that would allow that...school did right thing in letting his parents know...lets hope they can get him some mental health help.

Fuck that bullshit.

I wouldn't accept any censorship of my speech if I were a valedictorian.

Once you're on stage, what can they do to you?

Forum List

Back