COLORISM: The hidden prejudice of Black people against other Black people.

When right wing whites start threads like this, it is generally a disingenuous attempt to excuse there own racism by trying to make blacks just as racist. Thiis thread is no different.

In the United States, colorism evolved when the enslavement of people was common practice. Enslavers typically gave preferential treatment to enslaved people with fairer complexions. While dark-skinned enslaved people toiled outdoors in the fields, their light-skinned counterparts usually worked indoors at far less grueling domestic tasks.

Enslavers were partial to light-skinned enslaved people because they often were family members. Enslavers frequently forced enslaved women into sex, and the light-skinned children of enslaved people were the telltale signs of these sexual assaults. While enslavers didn't officially recognize their mixed-race children, they gave them privileges that dark-skinned enslaved people didn't enjoy. Accordingly, light skin came to be viewed as an asset in the community of enslaved people.

Colorism didn’t disappear after the institution of slavery ended in the U.S. In Black America, those with light skin received employment opportunities off-limits to darker-skinned Black Americans.

learn to read.....i said its what was said to me because they assumed i was Mexican...i lived for 50 years in a heavily populated Mexican neighborhood...if i didnt like them i would have moved out long ago....if you were not such a bigot you would have read it instead of going by what someone else said....well if you were as concerned as you say you are you would have gone back and made sure....so much for your phony name....
I was not the racist bigot that made a point of unsuccessfully trying to show how woke you were because you have skin of a certain color and then continue to say that you lived with "them" I bet you are very proud of your "black" friend too. To racists, everything is about race. You fill the bill perfectly.

I was not the racist bigot that made a point of unsuccessfully trying to show how woke you were because you have skin of a certain color and then continue to say that you lived with "them" I bet you are very proud of your "black" friend too. To racists, everything is about race. You fill the bill perfectly.
it wont work dumbass....when you go back and actually read what was said you might get some clarity on the shit you have been spewing in this thread....and as far as saying i live with them i have said that plenty of times over the years,so that is not something new from me....and black friends?.....i have a few in the family,something else i have said over the years and i have black blood in the family make-up something else i have said many a time.....so how does it feel to be a bigot who is getting his ass handed to him in this thread?...being a bigot is something you show in just about every thread you are in....

Why is this obviously hurtful prejudice against dark skinned Black people ignored by the New Woke Order?
I guess because -- as you have said -- this fact is so hurtful.

Before the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s, certain folks openly bought creams in order to lighten themselves.

Regardless of what one may think about that particular ethnicity, it is a good thing that the "Black is beautiful" movement started.

"Black" IS beautiful.

Sadly, because of the unpleasant behavior of an unusually large percentage of such folks, that color is viewed in a negative light by some people.

it wont work dumbass....when you go back and actually read what was said you might get some clarity on the shit you have been spewing in this thread....and as far as saying i live with them i have said that plenty of times over the years,so that is not something new from me....and black friends?.....i have a few in the family,something else i have said over the years and i have black blood in the family make-up something else i have said many a time.....so how does it feel to be a bigot who is getting his ass handed to him in this thread?...being a bigot is something you show in just about every thread you are in....
Woohoo! Now tell me how you're not racist, moron. Every word out of your mouth is racist. You're a bigot in denial. Quit being a one-trick pony--there's a big wonderful world out there when you drop your prejudice.

What is often overlooked when discussing Racism is the phenomenon of "Colorism" within the Black community. That is, prejudice against dark skinned Black people by lighter skinned Black people. Why is this obviously hurtful prejudice against dark skinned Black people ignored by the New Woke Order?

Wait a minute ... Are you a right wing racist?????? Concerned American seems to think so.

Dresden has said nothing about being woke. Dresden was showing that he lived in a diverse community and had friends he grew up with who were people of color. In standard racist fashion you make the claim of they, them and the black friend defense. Dresden called you out because you were bitching about blacks being included on a remake of a TV show that you decided was supposed to be all white. Your racism is obvious.

You say that same old dumb shit racists try claiming when they get called out. But this thread is about color. We are in the race and racism section, so things will be all about race. Finally, you made color an issue then tried calling Dresden a racist.

Last edited:
838_redneck.jpg

White people do the same.
White people wouldn't criticize these people because of the color of their skin. It might have something to do with their poor dental hygiene and their general filthiness.

Dresden has said nothing about being woke. Dresden was showing that he lived in a diverse community and had friends he grew up with who were people of color. In standard racist fashion you make the claim of they, them and the black friend defense. Dresden called you out because you were bitching about blacks being included on a remake of a TV show that you decided was supposed to be all white. Your racism is obvious.

You say that some old dumb shit racism try claiming when they get called out. But this thrrad is about color. We are in the race and racism section, so things will be all about race. Finally, you made color an issue than tried calling Dresden a racist.
he cannot prove that anything i said in that post is racist....he doesnt know the meaning of the word....

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I guess because -- as you have said -- this fact is so hurtful.

Before the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s, certain folks openly bought creams in order to lighten themselves.

Regardless of what one may think about that particular ethnicity, it is a good thing that the "Black is beautiful" movement started.

"Black" IS beautiful.

Sadly, because of the unpleasant behavior of an unusually large percentage of such folks, that color is viewed in a negative light by some people.
Whites like you and the OP are delusional. Whites made this an issue, and because of the unpleasant behavior of an unusually large percentage of whites, that there are whites who view color in a negative ligh.

he cannot prove that anything i said in that post is racist....he doesnt know the meaning of the word....
That is obvious. When those like him start whining about people making things about race in a section of a forum about race and racism, you know that you have broken them.

Whites like you and the OP are delusional. Whites made this an issue, and because of the unpleasant behavior of an unusually large percentage of whites, that there are whites who view color in a negative ligh.
i always wondered why so many people lay out in the sun to get darker....

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
its funny how dont say shit to a racist like brokeloser....oh of course he and you are alike so why would you....
No doubt there are other racists on this board, many of them make no secret of it and admit it freely. The ones I call bullshit on are the hypocritical ones, like you, who won't admit it. LOL, take off your beer goggles, the truth will set you free.

Forum List

Back