Coming To A Town Near You: Cops To Get Pot Breathalyzers To Rid The Streets Of Stoned Drivers

I have no issue with this whatsoever. You shouldn't be driving stoned in the first place. I would love to hear some of the reasons people would get pulled over: "Excuse me, sir? Did you know how much you were cheesing it back there?" lol

Liberals will oppose this of course.
One of the main obstacles of legalization has been the cops claiming they have no way to test for MJ while driving, now that they have their weapon, legalization should follow....

What is also needed is some information informing people who smoke pot about the duration of inhibition, and when they are "safe" to drive again.
You think potheads are going to remember how much they smoked and plug the numbers into their pot impairment app and make a judicious decision to call a cab?

Probably at about the same level as people who drink. I only smoke up when I am on vacation or camping, so driving is never an issue with me when I blaze up, but I would think most smokers would know better, especially now that they know there will be a test that can measure real-time THC concentrations in the blood, not just trace amounts indicating exposure sometime in the last 30 days or so.

I'd like to know when has the OP ever witnessed a dangerous pot smoker behind the wheel lol.
Probably since he was on the road. Auto accidents have been on a sharp rise here since legalizing weed and the State Patrol is looking for quicker ways to test pot smokers. I smell it a lot when I'm in the stores, I doubt they all took the bus. I heard a few days ago a UofW professor decided to invent a breathalyser for it and sounds confident he can do it.

I'd like to know when has the OP ever witnessed a dangerous pot smoker behind the wheel lol.
Probably since he was on the road. Auto accidents have been on a sharp rise here since legalizing weed and the State Patrol is looking for quicker ways to test pot smokers. I smell it a lot when I'm in the stores, I doubt they all took the bus. I heard a few days ago a UofW professor decided to invent a breathalyser for it and sounds confident he can do it.
I want to see potheads in jail for putting my family in danger just like drunk drivers. They're all assholes in my book.

I doubt that bud

I have no issue with this whatsoever. You shouldn't be driving stoned in the first place. I would love to hear some of the reasons people would get pulled over: "Excuse me, sir? Did you know how much you were cheesing it back there?" lol

Liberals will oppose this of course.
One of the main obstacles of legalization has been the cops claiming they have no way to test for MJ while driving, now that they have their weapon, legalization should follow....

What is also needed is some information informing people who smoke pot about the duration of inhibition, and when they are "safe" to drive again.
You think potheads are going to remember how much they smoked and plug the numbers into their pot impairment app and make a judicious decision to call a cab?

Probably at about the same level as people who drink. I only smoke up when I am on vacation or camping, so driving is never an issue with me when I blaze up, but I would think most smokers would know better, especially now that they know there will be a test that can measure real-time THC concentrations in the blood, not just trace amounts indicating exposure sometime in the last 30 days or so.
Sorry, I can't relate. I've never done drugs in my life. Though I'm sure if I were in your position I would want a scientific formula for knowing I was obeying the law too.

I doubt that bud
Doesn't matter what you doubt. If people can smell pot on your breathe I'm sure a machine can measure it.

As a Southern Conservative Christian, I am all for this. It's time to get rid of dangerous dope smoking drivers off the streets in America as we are drunk drivers. There should be absolute zero tolerance of drinking and stoned driving. Marijuana usage is the work of the devil and the only way to fight this evil is to combat it so innocent law abiding people can be saved. This new invention placed in the hands of police in cities near you can now be used to detect the devil in these drivers so they can be sent to jail and find salvation. May God bless them all.

Pot breathalyzer may be coming soon to police near you
Go take your Prozac. :blahblah:

I doubt that bud
Doesn't matter what you doubt. If people can smell pot on your breathe I'm sure a machine can measure it.

You're right, what I doubt and what you say doesnt matter. Only what you can prove. I'd like to see this sharp rise since legalization that you speak of, but I again...I DOUBT you have that information.

I'd say the vast majority of people who smoke weed present no danger on the road when they are driving. The small fraction of people who do present some danger are still fewer than the number of sober people who present a danger to others while driving due to road rage, douchebaggery, speeding cause they are late for work, etc

I doubt that bud

You're right, what I doubt and what you say doesnt matter. Only what you can prove. I'd like to see this sharp rise since legalization that you speak of, but I again...I DOUBT you have that information.
I heard it on the local news stations, out of Seattle. So you can't believe more stoned drivers would lead to more problems? LOL.

devil-tenacious-d-o.gif

MUAHAHAHAHA When I get ahold of the OP with my evil plant of lust I'm going to do him like this

I'd say the vast majority of people who smoke weed present no danger on the road when they are driving. The small fraction of people who do present some danger are still fewer than the number of sober people who present a danger to others while driving due to road rage, douchebaggery, speeding cause they are late for work, etc
None of that is a good excuse for driving stoned.

I doubt that bud

I heard it on the local news stations, out of Seattle. So you can't believe more stoned drivers would lead to more problems? LOL.

Thats what I thought. I heard that accidents have gone down...it was on the radio. Looks like I win

devil-tenacious-d-o.gif

MUAHAHAHAHA When I get ahold of the OP with my evil plant of lust I'm going to do him like this
Yeah, pot makes you smart.
I doubt that bud

Thats what I thought. I heard that accidents have gone down...it was on the radio. Looks like I win
When was that on the news? Oh, you lied. And you think you won because you fried your pea brain.

devil-tenacious-d-o.gif

Yeah, pot makes you smart.
I doubt that bud

When was that on the news? Oh, you lied. And you think you won because you fried your pea brain.

It was on the radio, I win

None of that is a good excuse for driving stoned.

Common characteristics of the pot smoker while driving...

-relaxed and chill
-not likely to freak out on people
-calm and centered
-happy and at peace
-nonviolent
-not likely to get pulled over for speeding or reckless behavior

Last edited:
I doubt that bud

It's best to start from the assumption that all pothead claims are myths. I already knew pot makes drivers more dangerous and now more people are waking up to that fact starting with Seattle.

On a completely unrelated note, I hate the Seahawks.

Common characteristics of the pot smoker while driving...

-relaxed and chill
-not likely to freak out on people
-calm and centered
-happy and at peace
-nonviolent
-not likely to get pulled over for speeding or reckless behavior

Advocating impaired driving? That's smart. I'm sure the LEO that pulls you over will see things your way.​

Forum List

Back