Commiefornia votes to ban schools from starting before 8:30am

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
Just when you think the state could't get more comical, here they come again.

They passed a bill to ban schools from starting before 8:30 am because they believe it would help if students got more sleep. Well duh! It's always been like that, but if a student needs more sleep, wouldn't it be more logical to go to sleep earlier?

Before liberalism, schools were designed to prepare kids for the adult world such as getting a job and going to work. So what's next when these kids get out of school, a law that states businesses can't open until 8:30?

A state has the right to do stupid things like this, but this is one of many reminders of what we don't want for the rest of the country.

California votes to bar schools from starting before 8:30am to help give students more sleep

Kookyfornia has no idea what's best for children...anyone raising kids there are fools

They cite a study that says kids starting school later produces better results. But I guess all those illegals they take in that are holding up classes because they can't speak English is not the problem.

They cite a study that says kids starting school later produces better results. But I guess all those illegals they take in that are holding up classes because they can't speak English is not the problem.

Sorta hard to learn when you can't understand the lesson being taught

That's incredibly stupid. Having all of the schools start at the same time will create a traffic mess at the state's school bus garages as well as on the highways and byways.

it will make it impossible for school bus concern to make maximum use of its equipment and require them to hire more personnel.

Considering there is a alternative solution- having the children go to bed earlier if they are sleepy during the day- this is truly pointless. I am sure that the Cripz and Bloodz organizations will allow their high school kid associates go home for the evening earlier on school nights.

They passed a bill to ban schools from starting before 8:30 am because they believe it would help if students got more sleep. Well duh! It's always been like that, but if a student needs more sleep, wouldn't it be more logical to go to sleep earlier?

Before liberalism, schools were designed to prepare kids for the adult world such as getting a job and going to work. So what's next when these kids get out of school, a law that states businesses can't open until 8:30?

A state has the right to do stupid things like this, but this is one of many reminders of what we don't want for the rest of the country.

California votes to bar schools from starting before 8:30am to help give students more sleep

Why does this trigger you, loser?

Lazy progressives

yes, I've always made made kids go to sleep at a decent time--not 930 or 10 PM
...some of my coworkers say they go to sleep at 11 or midnight!! not good for the body at all
...this is the stupid crap I've been saying for a long time----they pass too many laws/stupid laws....
they need to take some off the book
..a lot of them look good on paper/''feel'' so nice and lovable--but in reality are just plain dumbshit

...some of my coworkers say they go to sleep at 11 or midnight!! not good for the body at all
...this is the stupid crap I've been saying for a long time----they pass too many laws/stupid laws....
..a lot of them look good on paper/''feel'' so nice and lovable--but in reality are just plain dumbshit

This is nanny state with a capital N. To think that people waste time on nonsense like this is ridiculous. Voters there must be really Fn stupid or something.

Out of all the dumb shit going on, this seems pretty mild.

What about it triggered you?

Ours are in bed by 10 PM, up at 6 AM for an 8 AM school start, except the youngest her bed time is 9 PM.

overcrowding was a huge problem in CA--immigrant capital of the US [ illegals also ]
Classroom Size Outrage in LAUSD Schools
..I'm guessing the single people/idiot parents don't care??!!!!!????
...yes, and they have to hire translators/etc--costing the state more $$$$

Why does this trigger you, loser?

Because these are the people cut from the same cloth that want to run our entire country. Cradle-to-Gravers could end this free nation as we know it.

Ours are in bed by 10 PM, up at 6 AM for an 8 AM school start, except the youngest her bed time is 9 PM.
that's 8 hours--that's good

They are looking for better outcomes by following scientific advice.
The kids should get better results.
Where is the problem ?

Like most kids, I didn't want to go to bed for school either, but we didn't create a law to accommodate that desire. My parents forced us to go to bed at an early hour, that's all.

Modern American radical liberalism is predicated upon apologizing to each other and human history, for being human. Tails chasing tails chasing tails.

maybe I'm thinking about when they were little, also
I just asked my teen and she said she goes to bed at 9
I hit the rack at 830, but I some times get up at 430
my dad would always get lots of sleep
very important to mental and physical well being

Forum List

Back