"common Sense Gun Laws"

I have a shotgun. It works fine just as it is. But for inside the home I prefer the precision of a single projectile.

The only problem with that is if your wife who hates guns has to use it. With a shotgun it basically aim at the feet of the intruder and you cant miss hitting him.

I have been married twice. Both of them enjoy shooting. In fact, my first wife is one of the best pistol shots I know.

My current girlfriend has 2 revolvers, both in .357. I have found that women can be good shooters, just as well as men. And no one should have a defensive firearm that they have not fired. If the wife who dislikes guns shoots a sawed off shotgun in a practice setting, she will likely flinch like hell or be unwilling to shoot it again. They kick much worse and teh sound is louder.

Actually, you CAN have a sawed off shotgun. You have to pay the gov't a tax fee. But you can have one.

I simply fail to see why anyone would want one.

You can't have one in all states, most yes, but not all.

As for your failure to see why anyone would want one.... Are you serious? You don't know why one would want a close in range defensive weapon that is light, easy to move around, easy to aim, and shoots shotgun shells?

You're kidding right?

And impossible to keep from hitting almost anything in front of you, like family members or innocent bystanders.
Why would you shoot at family members or innocent bystanders?

I wouldn't. But with a sawed off shotgun, they only have to be on the same side of the room as the criminal. I prefer a single projectile. Or a revolver with a shotshell. The spread there is much less.
I have a Taurus Judge.

Shoots a .410 or a .45
Nice... looking at getting a S&W 686 5"

Actually, you CAN have a sawed off shotgun. You have to pay the gov't a tax fee. But you can have one.

As for your failure to see why anyone would want one.... Are you serious? You don't know why one would want a close in range defensive weapon that is light, easy to move around, easy to aim, and shoots shotgun shells?

You're kidding right?

And impossible to keep from hitting almost anything in front of you, like family members or innocent bystanders.

I wouldn't. But with a sawed off shotgun, they only have to be on the same side of the room as the criminal. I prefer a single projectile. Or a revolver with a shotshell. The spread there is much less.
Yes, but you have a much lower chance of saving your family with a slug than you do double ought buck. Additionally, slugs will travel through walls easier than buck shot.

Inside I prefer my M1911 .45 or one of the .357 revolvers we have. All are loaded with MagSafe rounds. They will penetrate less in walls and the like, but will do a number on a bad guy.

My shotgun is loaded with 00 Buck, with a couple of slugs and a couple of nonlethal rubber pellet rounds on the sidesaddle shell holder. I also have 2 rounds of the Dragon's Breath shells. Not for inside, obviously, but seeing 150 feet of flame will turn a crowd back. lol

Hey wait! Aren't you the same guy who thinks the cops are racists? :lmao: Hilarious!
That was almost convincing as a deflection.

Why cant you have a sawed off shotgun since your right to have one is protected by the constitution? You have no clue about what you are saying do you?

IF....., i wanted one, it would be for "crowd control" a true "sawed off shotgun" will spread shot 12 feet wide at 25 feet distance using #9 shot size.

any questions from the liberdummy side of this discussion ?

If you consider me the "liberdummy" side of this conversation, your scale is way off.

I simply do not see a need for such a gun in my collection. The standard Remington 870 Express with an 18.5" bbl is exactly what I wanted. A few additions and it is perfect for my use.

That's a good gun to have. I also have an 870 pump. I put black rubber on mine and a shorter stock. It's my goto gun for killing rattlesnakes. Got me a rattlesnake last night... dogs barking like crazy... 4-5foot rattleskake.. boom boom.. :)

I got a better stock and a foreend that holds a flashlight. I also have a pistol grip I can put on it, but never have. Not even sure where I got it.

You're kidding right?

I have a Taurus Judge.

Shoots a .410 or a .45

Excellent defensive gun. In our revolvers for the home we have one round of .38 Special rat shot, then 5 rounds of .357 MagSafe.

Why cant you have a sawed off shotgun since your right to have one is protected by the constitution? You have no clue about what you are saying do you?

IF....., i wanted one, it would be for "crowd control" a true "sawed off shotgun" will spread shot 12 feet wide at 25 feet distance using #9 shot size.

If you consider me the "liberdummy" side of this conversation, your scale is way off.

I simply do not see a need for such a gun in my collection. The standard Remington 870 Express with an 18.5" bbl is exactly what I wanted. A few additions and it is perfect for my use.

That's a good gun to have. I also have an 870 pump. I put black rubber on mine and a shorter stock. It's my goto gun for killing rattlesnakes. Got me a rattlesnake last night... dogs barking like crazy... 4-5foot rattleskake.. boom boom.. :)

I got a better stock and a foreend that holds a flashlight. I also have a pistol grip I can put on it, but never have. Not even sure where I got it.
Ah.. another gun nut :)

You're kidding right?

I have a Taurus Judge.

Shoots a .410 or a .45
Nice... looking at getting a S&W 686 5"

My revolver is an old Ruger Security Six. My g/f has a S&W and a Taurus. The S&W has a 2" bbl, while the Taurus has a 6" tube.

Ah.. another gun nut :)

I am a gun buff and I am a little nuts. I tried being sane once. Worst hour of my life.

Hey wait! Aren't you the same guy who thinks the cops are racists? :lmao: Hilarious!

LMAO. Notice how not agreeing with a gun nutter gets YOU labeled a "liberdummy". That's funny. And a valid reason why constructive talk about guns with gun nutters is almost impossible.

I works both ways. I have been called a gun nut more times than I can count. and I consider myself a very safe and concientious gun owner.

Well, that may be perhaps because they are dangerous because of malfunctions or something. That is also altering an existing weapon, so I think that makes it different than restricting any rights to own weapons. However, keep in mind that we now have 3-D printing. :D I'll bet one of the guys who knows about weapons could answer your questions. Most of the men who post here are very knowledgeable about guns, so if you want to learn about guns, you should just ask one of them.

Also, yes, you thinking the cops, judges, etc. are racist has EVERYTHING to do with it. I certainly HOPE I don't have to explain why, but I suspect that I will. That's okay, though, I'm ready. :D So shoot! Lol! Pun intended.
The constitution doesnt make any reference to altering an existing weapon moron. You have the right to bear arms. That right is restricted in the instance of owning a sawed off shotgun.

I dont think all cops are racist moron. 2 of my family members are cops. I'm pretty sure in some retarded way you are capable of explaining how me thinking a lot of cops are racist has anything to do with this OP. I would do that too if I was trying to figure out how to explain my deflection.

Nope, that is not a restriction of the right to own a weapon. It is a restriction on altering an existing weapon to do something it is not made to do, so it is definitely different than restricting people to certain types of weapons out of those available, as well as caliber, type of ammunition, etc.

So then you do NOT think the cops are racist? So then you would NOT be one of those posters who claims that the police are racists? Good to know, but I might check on that later, just to see if you are a liar.

If you believe the cops are racist and are FOR giving the government control over our rights, then you are MORE stupid than I thought, and I think you are pretty stupid. LOL! The other guys are just burying you, as have I. Lol! This much is obvious by your name-calling and melt-down above.

Anyways, have a good night and calm down, you freakazoid! Lol! :bye1: Nightie night! Watch out for all the bad guns. They might getcha while you're sleeping! :lol:
Nice try but that is stupid. A sawed off shotgun and a regular shot gun have the same purpose moron. To shoot something.

You are dumber than a block of cement. The government already has control over your rights. That was a pretty bad fail at explaining your deflection. No one at all was fooled by it at all.
lol.gif

You have a good night too. Try to dream up a better reason for deflecting from the OP. Or you can fess up and admit you simply dont know what the hell you are talking about. Your choice simpleton.

Sorry, but ALL the deflection belongs to you. You are one of the traitors I was talking about. You want to take away the rights of Americans because you are scared. LOL! :lol: Go hide under your bed if you're so afraid.

Well, that may be perhaps because they are dangerous because of malfunctions or something. That is also altering an existing weapon, so I think that makes it different than restricting any rights to own weapons. However, keep in mind that we now have 3-D printing. :D I'll bet one of the guys who knows about weapons could answer your questions. Most of the men who post here are very knowledgeable about guns, so if you want to learn about guns, you should just ask one of them.

Also, yes, you thinking the cops, judges, etc. are racist has EVERYTHING to do with it. I certainly HOPE I don't have to explain why, but I suspect that I will. That's okay, though, I'm ready. :D So shoot! Lol! Pun intended.
The constitution doesnt make any reference to altering an existing weapon moron. You have the right to bear arms. That right is restricted in the instance of owning a sawed off shotgun.

I dont think all cops are racist moron. 2 of my family members are cops. I'm pretty sure in some retarded way you are capable of explaining how me thinking a lot of cops are racist has anything to do with this OP. I would do that too if I was trying to figure out how to explain my deflection.

Nope, that is not a restriction of the right to own a weapon. It is a restriction on altering an existing weapon to do something it is not made to do, so it is definitely different than restricting people to certain types of weapons out of those available, as well as caliber, type of ammunition, etc.

So then you do NOT think the cops are racist? So then you would NOT be one of those posters who claims that the police are racists? Good to know, but I might check on that later, just to see if you are a liar.

If you believe the cops are racist and are FOR giving the government control over our rights, then you are MORE stupid than I thought, and I think you are pretty stupid. LOL! The other guys are just burying you, as have I. Lol! This much is obvious by your name-calling and melt-down above.

Anyways, have a good night and calm down, you freakazoid! Lol! :bye1: Nightie night! Watch out for all the bad guns. They might getcha while you're sleeping! :lol:
Nice try but that is stupid. A sawed off shotgun and a regular shot gun have the same purpose moron. To shoot something.

So does a nail gun.
A sawed off shotgun (what is that, anyway?) is not the same as a "regular" shotgun (what is that?) A single barrel trap gun is not an 18" pump is not a 28" over/under. They all do different things.

He's a complete idiot. It doesn't matter how many times you prove him wrong. He's too stupid to realize it. Lol! It's a complete waste of time trying to reason with one who is borderline retarded.

LMAO. Notice how not agreeing with a gun nutter gets YOU labeled a "liberdummy". That's funny. And a valid reason why constructive talk about guns with gun nutters is almost impossible.

Lol! Funny, that's almost exactly what I was just thinking! :) They are too stupid to understand.

But rights can be changed. Duh.

No they cannot. They can be "amended" but not changed. They cannot take away any of our rights or change them. They are constitutionally guaranteed to every US citizen, regardless of what our crooked politicians would like you to think.
Why cant you have a sawed off shotgun since your right to have one is protected by the constitution? You have no clue about what you are saying.

Oh, I'm glad you could answer his questions. I had no idea because there are a LOT of things that are illegal in the state of Massachusetts. :lol: It's a really crappy state. Don't ever live here.

You are dumber than a block of cement. The government already has control over your rights. That was a pretty bad fail at explaining your deflection. No one at all was fooled by it at all.
lol.gif

You have a good night too. Try to dream up a better reason for deflecting from the OP. Or you can fess up and admit you simply dont know what the hell you are talking about. Your choice simpleton.

That is like saying a Porsche and a 747 both have the same purpose. Both are transportation.

I own a Browning Citori. It is not designed for self defense. It is unwieldy in the house and too long. But for bird hunting I would put it against any shotgun. The sawed off shotgun is a defensive weapon, and would do very badly in the field. Despite your prejudices and ignorance, there ARE different uses for different guns.

That, and your apparent inability to effectively responding to criticisms of and questions about your position.

No they cannot. They can be "amended" but not changed. They cannot take away any of our rights or change them. They are constitutionally guaranteed to every US citizen, regardless of what our crooked politicians would like you to think.
Why cant you have a sawed off shotgun since your right to have one is protected by the constitution? You have no clue about what you are saying.

Yes. For what reason were they deemed illegal only in SOME states?

Throughout these forums I see people calling for the need for "common sense" gun laws. Some have claimed we need to prosecute gun dealers whether they follow the rules or not.

I am curious, what "common sense" gun laws do you think we need to pass and why?

I can see where requiring a safe storage of loaded firearms, in houses where children live or can be reasonably expected to be, might be a good idea. That would cut down on the number of accidental deaths.

What else?
No such thing as common sense gun laws. Your common sense may be different from your neighbors. Your neighbor may think its just common sense to have an arsenal complete with automatic assault rifles, LAWs, and hand grenades. Others would view that as a paranoid madman.
True -- people with an irrational fear of guns may very well think that.
People that have that many guns usually are irrational and fearfully paranoid. I have several weapons in my home. I am not under the illusion that its for anything else other than home defense in the fear someone may one day attempt to come into my home and do me or my family harm. I could pretend its for target practice but I'm real with myself.
so you are irrational and fearful?.....
No. I may be fearful but not irrational. In the example we were discussing I dont have anywhere near the fire power we were talking about.
but anyone else that has that many are?....
the restrictions are so serious you could say some are banned from the public

And the actual gun violence in Australia occurs among "bikey" gangs and in the immigrant populations...
Most of our gun violence occurs among gangs as well
thats right.....on a PBS show out here on violence in California,they claimed if you took away the violence by gangs.....California would be considered a pretty dam safe place.....and i imagine that would be the same elsewhere...

I have a shotgun. It works fine just as it is. But for inside the home I prefer the precision of a single projectile.

The only problem with that is if your wife who hates guns has to use it. With a shotgun it basically aim at the feet of the intruder and you cant miss hitting him.

I have been married twice. Both of them enjoy shooting. In fact, my first wife is one of the best pistol shots I know.

My current girlfriend has 2 revolvers, both in .357. I have found that women can be good shooters, just as well as men. And no one should have a defensive firearm that they have not fired. If the wife who dislikes guns shoots a sawed off shotgun in a practice setting, she will likely flinch like hell or be unwilling to shoot it again. They kick much worse and teh sound is louder.
yea tell that to Annie Oakley...

Registration is the first step to confiscation.

2nd Amendment need only apply.
Ignorant, hyperbolic nonsense.

This also fails as a slippery slope fallacy.

Firearms cannot be 'confiscated.'

For a government to seek to take such an action would be in violation of the Second Amendment. It would also be a 4th Amendment violation absent a warrant authorizing 'confiscation.' And a 5th Amendment violation would occur absent due process and just compensation pursuant to 'confiscation.' Consequently, any law authorizing 'confiscation' would be invalidated by the courts as being un-Constitutional.

In essence, 'confiscation' will never take place because it is far too burdensome legally and logistically for a given jurisdiction to attempt to do so.

Gun registration is potentially un-Constitutional because it manifest an undue burden on the Second Amendment right, it is unwarranted because there is no evidence gun registration in any way prevents gun violence, and absent any evidence of a rational basis by the state to compel gun registration, government lacks a proper legislative end to seek gun registration.

Yet they are doing this in places like New York, and they have banned certain types of guns. They have pushed for it and lose time and time again, but they will continue to do so until they get what they want.

You can go to their sites and they will talk about it. Saying to say whatever is needed to get the first step to create a Federal Registry to every gun owner in the United States.

It was the first step in the countries that already have done so. And they are going to continue trying it here.

So, Gun Control is the ability to hit what I'm aiming at, and those in this country can just STFU...........I don't care what they want, and if they ever pass a law getting their way, I will NOT Obey it.

Throughout these forums I see people calling for the need for "common sense" gun laws. Some have claimed we need to prosecute gun dealers whether they follow the rules or not.

I am curious, what "common sense" gun laws do you think we need to pass and why?

I can see where requiring a safe storage of loaded firearms, in houses where children live or can be reasonably expected to be, might be a good idea. That would cut down on the number of accidental deaths.

What else?
No such thing as common sense gun laws. Your common sense may be different from your neighbors. Your neighbor may think its just common sense to have an arsenal complete with automatic assault rifles, LAWs, and hand grenades. Others would view that as a paranoid madman.
True -- people with an irrational fear of guns may very well think that.
People that have that many guns usually are irrational and fearfully paranoid. I have several weapons in my home. I am not under the illusion that its for anything else other than home defense in the fear someone may one day attempt to come into my home and do me or my family harm. I could pretend its for target practice but I'm real with myself.

I currently own 21 firearms. Some are for home defense. Some are for plinking. Some are for target shooting & varmint removal. Some are for hunting. I'm real with myself. I have different tools for different jobs.
You have too many guns. You can only shoot one at a time and there is no way you have 21 different jobs.

Given some of the posts you have made, if you think I have too many guns I am proud to say I want more.

No, I do not have 21 jobs. But most of my guns are for different purposes. A few are family heirlooms. But most have a purpose.

Forum List

Back