"common Sense Gun Laws"

Throughout these forums I see people calling for the need for "common sense" gun laws. Some have claimed we need to prosecute gun dealers whether they follow the rules or not.

I am curious, what "common sense" gun laws do you think we need to pass and why?

I can see where requiring a safe storage of loaded firearms, in houses where children live or can be reasonably expected to be, might be a good idea. That would cut down on the number of accidental deaths.

What else?

Make people register their guns. One gun per household, there is no need for dozens of guns. No semi automatics either. Lock them away so kids can't reach. Just simple stuff that conservatives hate.
Oh look... another anti-gun loon arguing from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

It isn't policy. It's a right. Duh.
But rights can be changed. Duh.

No they cannot. They can be "amended" but not changed. They cannot take away any of our rights or change them. They are constitutionally guaranteed to every US citizen, regardless of what our crooked politicians would like you to think.
Why cant you have a sawed off shotgun since your right to have one is protected by the constitution? You have no clue about what you are saying.

Hey wait! Aren't you the same guy who thinks the cops are racists? :lmao: Hilarious!
That was almost convincing as a deflection.

Why cant you have a sawed off shotgun since your right to have one is protected by the constitution? You have no clue about what you are saying do you?

Actually, you CAN have a sawed off shotgun. You have to pay the gov't a tax fee. But you can have one.

I simply fail to see why anyone would want one.

No they cannot. They can be "amended" but not changed. They cannot take away any of our rights or change them. They are constitutionally guaranteed to every US citizen, regardless of what our crooked politicians would like you to think.
Why cant you have a sawed off shotgun since your right to have one is protected by the constitution? You have no clue about what you are saying.

Hey wait! Aren't you the same guy who thinks the cops are racists? :lmao: Hilarious!

Why cant you have a sawed off shotgun since your right to have one is protected by the constitution? You have no clue about what you are saying do you?

Actually, you CAN have a sawed off shotgun. You have to pay the gov't a tax fee. But you can have one.

You can't have one in all states, most yes, but not all.

As for your failure to see why anyone would want one.... Are you serious? You don't know why one would want a close in range defensive weapon that is light, easy to move around, easy to aim, and shoots shotgun shells?

You're kidding right?

Last edited:

As for your failure to see why anyone would want one.... Are you serious? You don't know why one would want a close in range defensive weapon that is light, easy to move around, easy to aim, and shoots shotgun shells?

You're kidding right?

And impossible to keep from hitting almost anything in front of you, like family members or innocent bystanders.

Is requiring an additional permit a restriction on a right guaranteed by the constitution? Especially in light of the fact that you can own one without permit as long as its not modified?

People use them for home defense. They are easier to carry and handle. The military uses them as well.

You're kidding right?

And impossible to keep from hitting almost anything in front of you, like family members or innocent bystanders.
Why would you shoot at family members or innocent bystanders?

Throughout these forums I see people calling for the need for "common sense" gun laws. Some have claimed we need to prosecute gun dealers whether they follow the rules or not.

I am curious, what "common sense" gun laws do you think we need to pass and why?

I can see where requiring a safe storage of loaded firearms, in houses where children live or can be reasonably expected to be, might be a good idea. That would cut down on the number of accidental deaths.

What else?

Make people register their guns. One gun per household, there is no need for dozens of guns. No semi automatics either. Lock them away so kids can't reach. Just simple stuff that conservatives hate.
do they?...so how come its not that way in Oz?.....why does your Govt. fear its Citizens?....

Is requiring an additional permit a restriction on a right guaranteed by the constitution? Especially in light of the fact that you can own one without permit as long as its not modified?

People use them for home defense. They are easier to carry and handle. The military uses them as well.

Unfortunately the government is not restricted from taxing our use of guns or anything for that matter. Elections matter when it comes to taxes.

According to the paranoid idiots in this thread you are going to kill a bunch of people because you own more guns than you need.

I can see how some folks get scared when they see weapons... esp. when weapons were not common at their home as their were growing up.

It's natural.

But... fear is the mind killer... better to get over your fears than let fear rule.

I didn't really grow up around guns. My dad had a 22 rifle and a collectors rifle from one of the wars, but that wasn't until I was old enough to shoot, and I was fascinated by them and thought they were cool. We went target shooting together a few times, and I thought it was a lot of fun. :) So I don't think I was ever "afraid" of guns. I have a healthy respect for them, though.
as you should....

IF....., i wanted one, it would be for "crowd control" a true "sawed off shotgun" will spread shot 12 feet wide at 25 feet distance using #9 shot size.

any questions from the liberdummy side of this discussion ?

I have a shotgun. It works fine just as it is. But for inside the home I prefer the precision of a single projectile.

You're kidding right?

I wouldn't. But with a sawed off shotgun, they only have to be on the same side of the room as the criminal. I prefer a single projectile. Or a revolver with a shotshell. The spread there is much less.

the restrictions are so serious you could say some are banned from the public

And the actual gun violence in Australia occurs among "bikey" gangs and in the immigrant populations...

IF....., i wanted one, it would be for "crowd control" a true "sawed off shotgun" will spread shot 12 feet wide at 25 feet distance using #9 shot size.

If you consider me the "liberdummy" side of this conversation, your scale is way off.

I simply do not see a need for such a gun in my collection. The standard Remington 870 Express with an 18.5" bbl is exactly what I wanted. A few additions and it is perfect for my use.

If you consider me the "liberdummy" side of this conversation, your scale is way off.

I simply do not see a need for such a gun in my collection. The standard Remington 870 Express with an 18.5" bbl is exactly what I wanted. A few additions and it is perfect for my use.

LMAO. Notice how not agreeing with a gun nutter gets YOU labeled a "liberdummy". That's funny. And a valid reason why constructive talk about guns with gun nutters is almost impossible.

You're kidding right?

I wouldn't. But with a sawed off shotgun, they only have to be on the same side of the room as the criminal. I prefer a single projectile. Or a revolver with a shotshell. The spread there is much less.
Yes, but you have a much lower chance of saving your family with a slug than you do double ought buck. Additionally, slugs will travel through walls easier than buck shot.

That's a good gun to have. I also have an 870 pump. I put black rubber on mine and a shorter stock. It's my goto gun for killing rattlesnakes. Got me a rattlesnake last night... dogs barking like crazy... 4-5foot rattleskake.. boom boom.. :)

You're kidding right?

I have a Taurus Judge.

Shoots a .410 or a .45

Forum List

Back