Common sense gun regulations are not about taking guns away from everyone

There is no ultimate solve all solution. The goal is to lower the number of people a nut can kill because guns aren’t going away.

You’re talking about a completely different problem. Why people kill. I’m just trying to lower the number of people they can kill. I wish none of us could get a ten round clip because they don’t make them.

And my Ruger bushmaster only holds 4. And you have to do the thing each time to unload the spent cartridge and put another in the chamber. I couldn’t do the kind of damage the Vegas shooter did. Or the guys on the movie heat with their assault weapons. That was based on a real case. Those weapons shouldn’t be available.

Solve the crazy male problem first then I’ll consider letting anyone own and carry a gun.

So, you are content to suffer shootings, as long as the body count is low? How liberal of you.
What do you suggest we do to stop the shootings?
Lol
First of all shit happens, No amount of frivolous gun control laws will stop any shootings.
Most all of the violence in this country is in progressive controlled urban areas with extremely strict gun control laws…
And that violence is committed by people who are legally ineligible to own firearms

But these morons want to target law abiding people with laws that do nothing to stop the illegal trafficking and illegal acquisition of firearms
Bullshit. We should be regulating the manufacturing and sales of firearms better.

Like I said if in 100 years they only made 5 shot revolvers and rifles your grandkids won’t have hard ons for guns they’ve never seen because they were outlawed a century ago.

It would be great if clips were limited to 5 shots.

You are a moron.......you don't get to tell people they only have 5 chances to save their own lives or the lives of their families simply because you are too stupid to understand the issues involved.....

So, you are content to suffer shootings, as long as the body count is low? How liberal of you.
Lol
First of all shit happens, No amount of frivolous gun control laws will stop any shootings.
Most all of the violence in this country is in progressive controlled urban areas with extremely strict gun control laws…
And that violence is committed by people who are legally ineligible to own firearms

But these morons want to target law abiding people with laws that do nothing to stop the illegal trafficking and illegal acquisition of firearms
Bullshit. We should be regulating the manufacturing and sales of firearms better.

Like I said if in 100 years they only made 5 shot revolvers and rifles your grandkids won’t have hard ons for guns they’ve never seen because they were outlawed a century ago.

You are a moron.......you don't get to tell people they only have 5 chances to save their own lives or the lives of their families simply because you are too stupid to understand the issues involved.....
No I get the arguments. We just don’t have to be producing wmds. But we do

"Common sense" is understanding and adhering to the Bill of Rights.
People can do a lot more damage with a 20 clip than they can a ten.

Let’s just limit clips to ten and the most clips you can buy per gun is 6

Lets not. I have never done any damage with my 30 round "clips" so you can go fuck yourself.
I’ve never pushed the button on my nuke but my city doesn’t want me having it. Can I move to your city with my nuke?
And there it is the dumbest argument in the history of firearms.
Last time I looked around no good guys with high powered automatics were walking around patrolling my neighborhoods.

My god one person can take out so many people. And ther3 are so many nuts in America. That doesn’t scare you?

Funny in Greece they had soldiers in Athens with high power assault weapons. They were ready but we aren’t.

Maybe that’s what we need to do. More cops on patrol carrying their high powered weapons.

An armed cop at every school. Wait. That would cost the schools money they don’t have. Repcublicans wont pay.

Do republicans have any solutions or ideas? I say they don’t.

A muslim terrorist with a rental truck in Nice, France killed 86 people and injured 435....more deaths than any mass public shooter in the United States...so, according to you, all rental trucks need to be banned....

Rental Trucks kill more people than mass shooters do.....ban rental trucks.

My god one person can take out so many people. And ther3 are so many nuts in America. That doesn’t scare you?

As more Americans own and carry guns, you mope, our gun murder rate went down 49%......our gun crime rate went down 75%......showing you don't know what you are talking about, and that fact destroys your post....

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Lets not. I have never done any damage with my 30 round "clips" so you can go fuck yourself.
I’ve never pushed the button on my nuke but my city doesn’t want me having it. Can I move to your city with my nuke?
Last time I looked around no good guys with high powered automatics were walking around patrolling my neighborhoods.

Funny in Greece they had soldiers in Athens with high power assault weapons. They were ready but we aren’t.

Maybe that’s what we need to do. More cops on patrol carrying their high powered weapons.

An armed cop at every school. Wait. That would cost the schools money they don’t have. Repcublicans wont pay.

Do republicans have any solutions or ideas?

Yes....get democrat judges, politicians and prosecutors to stop letting violent, repeat, known, gun offenders out of jail over and over again ......that is 99% of our gun crime problem in this country........

Lock up violent gun offenders for 15-30 years and our gun crime problem goes away over night.....

Lol

I understand everything you’re saying.

But you guys also know guns are regulated now. You want less and I want more. If we win elections those regulations are coming.

Remember cop killer ammo? Why can’t you buy those anymore?

There is no ultimate solve all solution. The goal is to lower the number of people a nut can kill because guns aren’t going away.

You’re talking about a completely different problem. Why people kill. I’m just trying to lower the number of people they can kill. I wish none of us could get a ten round clip because they don’t make them.

And my Ruger bushmaster only holds 4. And you have to do the thing each time to unload the spent cartridge and put another in the chamber. I couldn’t do the kind of damage the Vegas shooter did. Or the guys on the movie heat with their assault weapons. That was based on a real case. Those weapons shouldn’t be available.

Solve the crazy male problem first then I’ll consider letting anyone own and carry a gun.

Lol

Yeah, and Russians would never have missed color TVs, cars, stereo, blues jeans and all the other things we enjoy in countries that aren't police states. Your argument is that we can brainwash people to put up with almost anything. That's the argument of a Stalinist.

Lol

But you guys also know guns are regulated now. You want less and I want more. If we win elections those regulations are coming.

Thanks for explaining why we nee to do everything in our power to keep Dims out of office.

Lol

--------------------------------------- cop killer ammo is simply High Velocity ammo and usually rifle ammo fired from a rifle . With '2aguy' here he can correct me if i am wrong . All rifle ammo or hunting ammo is high velocity and is still for sale and the name ' cop killer' is simply emotional BS Sealy .

So-called "assault weapons" are not high powered. The bullets are of medium size to make it possible to fire multiple rounds without the recoil making all rounds subsequent to the first one going off target. That just goes to show what a dumbass you are on the subject of guns.

Lol

--------------------------------------- cop killer ammo is simply High Velocity ammo and usually rifle ammo fired from a rifle . With '2aguy' here he can correct me if i am wrong . All rifle ammo or hunting ammo is high velocity and is still for sale and the name ' cop killer' is simply emotional BS Sealy .
That's correct. However, the so-called "cop killer" ammo was made for pistols I'm not sure what the difference between it and regular ammo is, but I'm sure it's pure horseshit to call it "cop killer ammo."

You really have no idea what your talking about what the fuck is a high powered automatic ?

. The sort of people who shoot unarmed civilians are chicken shits they would never attack a place that has an armed response in place. Solution, arm qualified teachers or hire Veterans, I bet money most Vets would volunteer their time if a district couldn't afford it.

[Q

You say that we must take the 2nd literally. .

Pretty much so.

The least we should do is apply the same strict scrutiny criteria to the right to keep and bear arms as we do to other rights protected under the Bill of Rights. The courts don't do that now and that is despicable.

The last thing we need is to have hateful delusional and not that bright Liberals deciding how to apply the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights. We see over and over again that they never get it right and erode our individual liberties.

By the way, don't give me this horseshit about you Liberals caring about the welfare of children when you support the murdering of a million of them each year for the sake of convenience. In addition to that you want to destroy the liberty and economic well being of our children with destructive and failed Left policies.

If you want the 2nd to be taken literally, then I suggest you modernize it legally instead of just causing trouble. I am not in favor of doing away with it's meaning but I am in favor of rewriting to a more modern legal wording.

You are still trying to make this an "Us against Them" game. US is everyone.
-------------------------------------- it is WE and my People against against YOU .

Now you are talking for We the People. Well, cupcake, We the People in this state adopted common sense gun regs. If you are speaking for We the People then you would be taking a different stance. To you, the fringe, small vocal group you identify with is the only ones that should be heard and you should control all others. Newsflash, cupcake, you aren't speaking for We the People.
This post alone proves you don't understand the United States.

You support the majority taking rights away from the minority.

Historically, that hasn't worked out well for anybody.

Yes, you can identify with the minority that we took their right to own guns. Nice Group. Murderers, Rapists, Criminally insane, Wife and Children Beaters. Nice group of People you have there. It's good that you are stepping up and admitting you are part of that group.

Not going to happen.

You can get plans on the Internet for building a fully-automatic submachine gun using easily-available materials from any hardware store.

It law-abiding citizens are limited to revolvers and rifles holding no more than five rounds, criminals will manufacture their own, far superior weapons, and easily outgun law-abiding citizens.

Common sense gun regulations are not about taking guns away from everyone
NRA and supporters say common sense gun regulations are the government attempting to take guns away from law abiding citizens.
Bull Shit - it is an eveil attempt to confuse logical arguments for gun control. Those who confuse the discussion with lies all have blood on their hands.
Of course they are. That's what lefties mean by "common sense gun regulations." It's code for abolishing the 2nd Amendment.

YOU and the 14 others who make this claim are tellers of BIG LIES.
59460656_2575865732443434_1624577667544121344_n.jpg

You can have as many of those type of guns your little heart desires.
51d-EGfnOyL._SX425_.jpg

In your case,

upload_2019-5-12_20-47-29.jpeg

Not going to happen.

You can get plans on the Internet for building a fully-automatic submachine gun using easily-available materials from any hardware store.

It law-abiding citizens are limited to revolvers and rifles holding no more than five rounds, criminals will manufacture their own, far superior weapons, and easily outgun law-abiding citizens.

Nice sounding argument but it's false. When was the last time that a fully auto weapon was used in the USA to commit a crime? It's been a few decades. Nice try.

And Criminals are pretty much lazy. They buy or steal what they use. Mostly buy or trade.

Okay, here we go again.

The End amendment has all but been legislated out of existance. Due to the first 2/3rds, the National Guard Act of 1917 pretty well trashed that part. That part of it needs to be taken out. Not just rewritten but taken completely out.

Now, about the last part. This is the part you and others like you keep repeating over and over.

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

We outgrew that as of 1859 when the first Walker Colt was introduced. If you know anything about the real Western History you would see that the word infringed no longer applied. And we outgrew the word "Arms" in the process. Public safety became a real problem and the first Gun Regs were introduced in 1871 in western towns and cities. I won't go into why or how but they made some pretty drastic (for the time) choices and then upheld those actions. You can't change the facts that we DO need some firearms regulations these days as much as we needed them in 1871.

So now we get it to read

the right of the people to keep and bear Firearms, shall not be infringed.

It's still not right. There are classes of weapons that no sane person will ever attempt to own, buy or operate in a civilian world. I don't believe you need a M-2 50 cal machine gun bolted on the back of your Pickup Truck. I don't think you need a Nuclear Weapon of any kind. I don't think you need a surplus M-60 Nato 7.62 Belt Fed Machine gun also mounted on that already overloaded half ton. (btw, you can buy a M-60 but you can't buy it's replacement, the M-240). You tell me how it can be rewritten so it makes sense. In such a short form, I just don't see a way.

Okay, you want to keep hammering us with the 2nd amendment over and over and you want to use it EXACTLY as it is written. Sounds good to me. Here is is one more time.

You want a literal meaning exactly as worded? Sure, let's do that. You have the right to wear sleaveless shirts and display both or your Manly Muscles. You want it verbatim, fine, but that is exactly what it says.

Now, do you agree that we need to upgrade it? I certainly do.

You've expressed profound ignorance as to the meaning and purpose of the amendment. So, no, I do not believe anything need be "upgraded". You can't just change the meaning of the words as they were written at the time. What the government has, the people shall have. What you think another "needs" is irrelevant.

You may not mean to, but you're supporting tyranny. Shame.

I just presented the verbatim, word for word of the 2nd amendment. Or at least the last part of it that you keep bringing up. You can't change the fact that it can be interpreted many ways and is being interpreted many ways. You want us to interpret it the way you say, I suggest you get it changed to be specific so that there can be no need to interpret it. Laws need to read specifics. Any other way and you end up with a Legal mess on your hands. And you have the same support as the Gun Grabbers so most of us don't listen to either groups views. So we make common sense gun laws. And going back to the OP, I can go into any gun shop and leave within 15 minutes with any gun that they have to sell on the shelf. If I choose to own a full auto, it just takes a lot longer but I can still buy it and take it home. I really don't see too much abridging done on firearms under common sense gun regs. I have freedoms and I don't see anyone successful in abridging those freedoms. Well, you are suggesting that some of my freedoms should be abridged. And you don't understand that. Too bad. But the common sense players are winning and when we win, everyone wins.

If you read the words of the men that wrote the amendment (Federalist Papers, letters, speeches, etc), their meaning and the reasons and motivations for what they wrote, there is absolutely no room for varied interpretation. It means what it means. The government shall not infringe.

Stop with the tyranny. You do not know what's best for others.

Not once have I ever advocated taking away your right to wear sleaveless shirts.
As I've pointed out to you, "bear" and "bare" are not interchangeable.

And you spelled "sleeveless" wrong.

You can stop pretending you're clever now, Comrade.

So I hit it right on the head. All you have left is the old "Spelink Nazi".

Pretty much so.

The least we should do is apply the same strict scrutiny criteria to the right to keep and bear arms as we do to other rights protected under the Bill of Rights. The courts don't do that now and that is despicable.

The last thing we need is to have hateful delusional and not that bright Liberals deciding how to apply the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights. We see over and over again that they never get it right and erode our individual liberties.

By the way, don't give me this horseshit about you Liberals caring about the welfare of children when you support the murdering of a million of them each year for the sake of convenience. In addition to that you want to destroy the liberty and economic well being of our children with destructive and failed Left policies.

If you want the 2nd to be taken literally, then I suggest you modernize it legally instead of just causing trouble. I am not in favor of doing away with it's meaning but I am in favor of rewriting to a more modern legal wording.

You are still trying to make this an "Us against Them" game. US is everyone.
-------------------------------------- it is WE and my People against against YOU .

Now you are talking for We the People. Well, cupcake, We the People in this state adopted common sense gun regs. If you are speaking for We the People then you would be taking a different stance. To you, the fringe, small vocal group you identify with is the only ones that should be heard and you should control all others. Newsflash, cupcake, you aren't speaking for We the People.
This post alone proves you don't understand the United States.

You support the majority taking rights away from the minority.

Historically, that hasn't worked out well for anybody.

Yes, you can identify with the minority that we took their right to own guns. Nice Group. Murderers, Rapists, Criminally insane, Wife and Children Beaters. Nice group of People you have there. It's good that you are stepping up and admitting you are part of that group.
------------------------------------------ and when they serve their sentence the non violent felons should ALL have their RIGHTS restored . I mean , hey , you lefties want to allow those still in prison to vote 'mrguncontrol' .

It's time to thin the herd once again.
Yes, that's the standard leftist response to disagreement.

You people sure do like filling mass graves, don't you, Comrade?

Are you volunteering for the next cull?
Are you volunteering to be the culler, Comrade?

Doubtful. Internet Revolutionaries tend to be pussies.

We can use all those death camps you idjits keep claiming that the Left is assembling. Not to worry, the gas will be on hand. You fascists invented them so you think we all are busy little beavers building them just for you. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Forum List

Back