Common sense gun regulations are not about taking guns away from everyone

You are a DAMN LIAR

Tell me and the readers what part of my common sense suggestions will deprive a sober, sane, law abiding citizen the ability to defend him/herself and their family or property?
Your "common sense" suggestions for gun confiscation appears to be based on the faulty assumption that the threat to one's family or property will be other law-abiding citizens who are equally armed.

I don't make that assumption. Gun violence comes in many facets murder, suicide, accident, defense of persons or property. The NRA only recognizes defense and the right to own, possess and have control of a gun.

Read what I wrote, and explain to me what seems to put the onus "on the faulty assumption that the threat to one's family or property will be other law-abiding citizens who are equally armed".

If you have to ask......it makes great cupcakes, cupcake.
So, you really don't have an answer, do you, cupcake?

You just decided that the AR looks scary, and that must be the result of some magically spectacular function that makes it more lethal than other semi-autos chambered in .223/5.56. Somehow, in your mind, semi-auto on the AR means something different.

Right, cupcake?

Do you know or have any data on how many of the mass murders used an AR?

Why is that relevant?

You think banning the AR will stop mass shootings?

Please, tell me you are not that simple minded.

Oh, but he wants to get that AR banned. That's a foot in the door for the gun grabbers. Next is taxing ammo..owait, Obama manufactured an ammo shortage already, by having the taxpayers forcibly buy bullets for the government.

Why is that relevant?
Worse than that -- he actually believes the number of mass shootings involving 'assault weapons' -- on average, 2-3 per year, with about 10 people killed - justifies banning them.

Why is that relevant?
Worse than that -- he actually believes the number of mass shootings involving 'assault weapons' -- on average, 2-3 per year, with about 10 people killed - justifies banning them.

No, that's not what I believe. Why do you have to lie? I've never used the term "Assault Weapon". I have referred to Defensive and Offensive Weapons.

Why is that relevant?

if youre going to use the term assault weapons that would need to include rock,clubs, knives and a whole assortment of inanimate objects...

your premise is just dumb because assault is an action not an object

No, that's not what I believe. Why do you have to lie? I've never used the term "Assault Weapon". I have referred to Defensive and Offensive Weapons.
:lol:
Please demonstrate for the class the necessity and efficacy for a ban on "offensive weapons".
After you meaningfully define the term, of course.

Last edited:
Why is that relevant?
if youre going to use the term assault weapons that would need to include rock,clubs, knives and a whole assortment of inanimate objects...
Of course. The anti-gun loons have no idea what they're talking about.

"Offensive" Weapons:
Guns, Knifes, Axes, Hoes, Rakes, Shovels, Bats, Clubs, Fists, Feet, Cars, Airplanes, etc.

"Defensive" Weapons:
Shields? Helmets? Body Armor?

I am so confused.

You are a DAMN LIAR

Tell me and the readers what part of my common sense suggestions will deprive a sober, sane, law abiding citizen the ability to defend him/herself and their family or property?
Your "common sense" suggestions for gun confiscation appears to be based on the faulty assumption that the threat to one's family or property will be other law-abiding citizens who are equally armed.

I don't make that assumption. Gun violence comes in many facets murder, suicide, accident, defense of persons or property. The NRA only recognizes defense and the right to own, possess and have control of a gun.

Read what I wrote, and explain to me what seems to put the onus "on the faulty assumption that the threat to one's family or property will be other law-abiding citizens who are equally armed".
Suicide isn't gun violence.
Suicide is not a crime and there are no victims there are onlt those who choose to end their own lives

As long as you include suicide in your numbers you are showing that you really care more about control than stopping gun crimes

Please demonstrate for the class the necessity and efficacy for a ban on "offensive weapons".
After you meaningfully define the term, of course.

For a home owner or business owner a shotgun is the defensive weapon of choice. It is loud, intimidating and very effective against a single target or a small unit of targets, depending on the choke.

The offensive weapon is one which is use to spread fire more widely and at a greater range. Unlike the shotgun, many more targets can be killed or wounded and terrified.

Fully automatic firearms are restricted to LE and the Military, only licensed citizens are able to own or possess them; However, any firearm can and is too often used offensively to commit felonies, and thus can be considered offensive and defensive, depending on the circumstance.

For a home owner or business owner a shotgun is the defensive weapon of choice. It is loud, intimidating and very effective against a single target or a small unit of targets, depending on the choke.
Ah - you are ignorant of the fact that, in almost every situation where a shotgun can be effective as a defensive weapon, an AR pistol or carbine in a major pistol caliber is a better choice.
No surprise.
The offensive weapon is one which is use to spread fire more widely and at a greater range. Unlike the shotgun, many more targets can be killed or wounded and terrified.
You definition is -far- too vague to have any meaning, especially to people familiar with firearms.

So, when you can provide a meaningful definition of 'offensive weapon' and demonstrate the necessity for and efficacy in banning them, let us know.

Last edited:
Assault weapons are an essential weapon of defense to any democratic republic, because that is how you defeat the dictatorship in order to start the democratic republic, and you need to keep fighting off the corrupt dictatorship takeovers ever couple of hundred years or so.
No democratic republic can ever survive if the police and military have a weapons monopoly because they are always inherently corrupted by those who pay them, since they act only on pay and nothing else.
In fact, there likely is no more right wing or corrupt social influence than the police and military, in any society or any time in history.

Assault weapons are an essential weapon of defense to any democratic republic, because that is how you defeat the dictatorship in order to start the democratic republic, and you need to keep fighting off the corrupt dictatorship takeovers ever couple of hundred years or so.
No democratic republic can ever survive if the police and military have a weapons monopoly because they are always inherently corrupted by those who pay them, since they act only on pay and nothing else.
In fact, there likely is no more right wing or corrupt social influence than the police and military, in any society or any time in history.
They know.
They want the state to have a monopoly on force.

You are a DAMN LIAR

Suicide isn't gun violence.
Suicide is not a crime and there are no victims there are onlt those who choose to end their own lives

As long as you include suicide in your numbers you are showing that you really care more about control than stopping gun crimes

I suggest you read Camus' The Myth of Sisyphus and then consider the mass murderer(s) who die by their own hand or by LE or killing their spouse (and) family and then themselves.

If you have to ask......it makes great cupcakes, cupcake.
So, you really don't have an answer, do you, cupcake?

You just decided that the AR looks scary, and that must be the result of some magically spectacular function that makes it more lethal than other semi-autos chambered in .223/5.56. Somehow, in your mind, semi-auto on the AR means something different.

Right, cupcake?

Staged or not staged?

Forum List

Back