Completely Out of Touch

Aww... retard's feelings are hurt... awww :itsok:
If I hurt your feelings, I’m ok with that. 😎

Have another cry. Take a warm bath. Maybe take another Midol.

Also, I almost forgot. I know you did. Topic.

Solar panels on rooftops is not such a clever solution. Can you address the topic, now, Minimal?

If you don't like the source move on, Miniscule
What's the matter? Couldn't find any unbiased source that hates this bill? :auiqs.jpg:

Not to worry. Here, let me help you... Start with this one...

Buckle up, folks: this federal climate bill is going to supercharge Virginia’s energy transition​

Three recurring themes stand out in the IRA. One is the attention paid to ensuring benefits flow to low- and moderate-income residents and communities impacted by fossil fuel extraction. A second is the effort to incentivize manufacturing and supply chain companies to bring operations back to the U.S., using tax credits for manufacturing and requirements for U.S.-made components. The third is job creation and training for career jobs that pay well. The combined effect is that the law will benefit former coal workers in Southwest Virginia looking for employment at least as much as Northern Virginia suburbanites jonesing for Teslas.

Every state will see clean energy investments soar if the bill becomes law, but Virginia is especially well positioned. Though we have embarrassingly little wind and solar in our energy mix today, we have huge potential for both, a strong tech sector and a well-educated workforce.

But the biggest market opportunities would seem to be for solar on low-income housing and in areas impacted by fossil fuel extraction. Carrie Hearne, associate director for renewable energy and energy efficiency at Virginia’s Department of Energy, said the many federal funding programs laid out in the IRA “would provide great opportunities for energy infrastructure investments in communities that are most in need, and in turn, help to lower energy bills. These federal funds could also contribute to the commonwealth’s goal of competitive rates, reliable and responsible delivery of energy alongside rural economic development.”

If I hurt your feelings, I’m ok with that. 😎

Have another cry. Take a warm bath. Maybe take another Midol.

Also, I almost forgot. I know you did. Topic.

Solar panels on rooftops is not such a clever solution. Can you address the topic, now, Minimal?
LOL. Poor retard. Got all his feelings hurt and now wants me to notice him.

Ok, retard. You are noticed. Now, prove why solar panels are not a clever solution. Go.

This is why the Democrats face disaster in November. Sure, people are hurting but go ahead and finance Chinese solar panels

we're making solar panels in Buffalo thank you very much dingbat. Sounds like a darn good deal for low income people and the appliances 30% off low energy that's as good as we could get..

Thats the crazy bitch who scoffed and laughed at the notion that the Biden admin has any impact on fuel prices.
It's all Putin and supply chain crisis. The proof is that every country has the same problems, actually America does better than most other countries. but you people are brainwashed functional moron haters ... .

What's the matter? Couldn't find any unbiased source that hates this bill? :auiqs.jpg:

Not to worry. Here, let me help you... Start with this one...

Buckle up, folks: this federal climate bill is going to supercharge Virginia’s energy transition​

Three recurring themes stand out in the IRA. One is the attention paid to ensuring benefits flow to low- and moderate-income residents and communities impacted by fossil fuel extraction. A second is the effort to incentivize manufacturing and supply chain companies to bring operations back to the U.S., using tax credits for manufacturing and requirements for U.S.-made components. The third is job creation and training for career jobs that pay well. The combined effect is that the law will benefit former coal workers in Southwest Virginia looking for employment at least as much as Northern Virginia suburbanites jonesing for Teslas.

Every state will see clean energy investments soar if the bill becomes law, but Virginia is especially well positioned. Though we have embarrassingly little wind and solar in our energy mix today, we have huge potential for both, a strong tech sector and a well-educated workforce.

But the biggest market opportunities would seem to be for solar on low-income housing and in areas impacted by fossil fuel extraction. Carrie Hearne, associate director for renewable energy and energy efficiency at Virginia’s Department of Energy, said the many federal funding programs laid out in the IRA “would provide great opportunities for energy infrastructure investments in communities that are most in need, and in turn, help to lower energy bills. These federal funds could also contribute to the commonwealth’s goal of competitive rates, reliable and responsible delivery of energy alongside rural economic development.”

Wait... there's more...

Cheaper solar power means low-income families can also benefit – with the right kind of help

More recently our researchers have combined this tracking report with data on household-level demographics and income of solar adopters, covering more than 70% of the U.S. residential solar market. Among the research products we’ve created is an online interactive tool that shows the demographic characteristics of solar adoption down to the county level.

Thanks to these price and growth trends, an increasing number of state and local governments, utilities and businesses want to help lower-income customers go solar. They believe solar will cut energy bills, reduce money spent on bill payment programs, avoid pollution and create green jobs.

So far, 20 states are offering 38 programs to help lower-income customers go solar. California, the largest, has budgeted over US$1 billion for such programs. A number of utilities and solar developers, like Posigen and GRID Alternatives, are also developing business models that work for all customers. These initiatives leverage state and federal incentives to deliver free or very low-cost solar to eligible households.

Reducing upfront costs​

In our study we evaluated five policies and business models to see which ones helped low- and moderate-income households go solar:
  • Financial incentives targeted at low- and moderate-income households, usually rebates or other incentives to reduce upfront costs.
  • Leasing rooftop solar systems, which reduces upfront costs.
  • Property Assessed Clean Energy financing, or PACE, which allows customers to finance energy improvements through their property tax payments. Currently, residential PACE is available only in California, Florida and Missouri.
  • Financial incentives such as rebates offered to customers of any income level.
  • “Solarize” campaigns, in which customers band together in a group purchase to get a good price.
The study includes data on more than 1 million residential rooftop photovoltaic systems installed on single-family homes in 18 states from 2010 to 2018. We compared modeled household-level income estimates for solar adopters with area median household incomes from U.S. Census data.

We found that three of the interventions – targeted incentives, leasing and PACE – effectively increased adoption equity. These approaches are boosting sales to low-income customers in existing markets and helping solar companies move into new markets, such as low-income areas where solar sales have been weak or absent.

Reducing upfront costs​

In our study we evaluated five policies and business models to see which ones helped low- and moderate-income households go solar:

• Financial incentives targeted at low- and moderate-income households, usually rebates or other incentives to reduce upfront costs.
  • Leasing rooftop solar systems, which reduces upfront costs.
  • Property Assessed Clean Energy financing, or PACE, which allows customers to finance energy improvements through their property tax payments. Currently, residential PACE is available only in California, Florida and Missouri.
  • Financial incentives such as rebates offered to customers of any income level.
  • “Solarize” campaigns, in which customers band together in a group purchase to get a good price.
The study includes data on more than 1 million residential rooftop photovoltaic systems installed on single-family homes in 18 states from 2010 to 2018. We compared modeled household-level income estimates for solar adopters with area median household incomes from U.S. Census data.

We found that three of the interventions – targeted incentives, leasing and PACE – effectively increased adoption equity. These approaches are boosting sales to low-income customers in existing markets and helping solar companies move into new markets, such as low-income areas where solar sales have been weak or absent.

An untapped customer base​

When solar expands into new markets and neighborhoods, it can have a spillover impact. If a system is installed in a neighborhood that had no solar before, neighbors who see it will be more likely to adopt it themselves. Moving into new markets may have greater potential effects on low-income adoption rates than reaching lower-income households in existing markets.

Expanding sales to low- and moderate-income households can also tap a larger base of potential customers. The U.S. National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL) found in a study that 42% of rooftops where solar power could work are on low- and moderate-income housing.

A 2018 study estimates that installing rooftop solar systems on low- and moderate-income housing could provide up to 42% of all rooftop technical potential in the residential sector and improve energy affordability in low-income communities. NREL

As the solar market grows, decisions to install solar systems are increasingly driven by the prospect of saving money, rather than strictly by green values or buyers’ interest in new technologies. A survey led by NREL found that roughly half of people who decided to install solar in California, New Jersey, New York and Arizona in 2014 to 2016 identified cost savings as a primary factor in their decision to adopt solar.

For low- and moderate-income households, the financial benefits of solar power can make a big difference. Many lower-income households carry a large energy burden, meaning that energy and utility costs consume a large share of their income. Across the U.S., low-income households spend about three times more of their income on energy costs than other households. Solar power can reduce those energy burdens by providing on-site power at a lower cost than grid electricity.

Making homes more energy efficient is an established strategy for cutting energy bills, but there’s growing interest in having solar play a role. Deploying solar power for low- and moderate-income households can be a way to fulfill policy and social goals like creating jobs and improving the environment.

LOL. Poor retard. Got all his feelings hurt and now wants me to notice him.

Ok, retard. You are noticed. Now, prove why solar panels are not a clever solution. Go.

There is nothing clever about putting our country hundreds of billions of dollars further in the hole to placate enviro-kooks. When our country finally goes into default in the future people then will be looking back at us and asking, WTF was wrong with people back then? Why were they allowed to do this to us?

So why are you fascists triggered by solar farms?

I mean, aside from the fact that your cult leaders told you to get triggered, and authoritarian-follower lackeys like you always obey. Aside from the obvious.

I believe it was Mark Twain that said "Buy land, they ain't making anymore of it!"

As the commies get rid of plentiful, reliable, reasonably priced energy, and replace it with unreliable, weak and expensive energy, one has to ask where are we going to put all these illegals Dementia is allowing into the country? Housing is getting more expensive every month and land is one of the reasons.

So we fill our country with hundreds of square miles with windmills and solar panels, and then people will have no place for themselves. Hey, I have an idea! We'll just rely on other countries to grow the food we are growing now. We'll be fine. We still won't be happy about the environment, but it will be a smidgen cleaner!

We see what's going on here.

The Trump cult leaders see how bad the polls are for Republicans.

My Lord, are you really that delusional? Dementia has the lowest approval ratings of any President during this time of his first term. We'll see how your polls are in just a few months from now.

Caring about "Climate change" instantly goes away if a leftist is directly asked to pay for it. When it's other peoples money involved , well then, hell yeah spend away... a good slap on your back, and a wine and cheese party are in order so that you can bask in your self righteousness. But for millions of Americans feeling the pinch....Climate change giveaways simply look like grift.

You never specified exactly what your premise was....I don't read minds, sorry. The article talks about more than one thingy. When solar panels are covered in snow you brush the snow off just like you dood with a satellite dish, your car window...

For my car window I have a remote start. I can start my car from California if I want. Just set the defroster to high before leaving the car. I don't have satellite for the reason you just described. I don't have to brush nothing off of anything.

Caring about "Climate change" instantly goes away if a leftist is directly asked to pay for it. When it's other peoples money involved , well then, hell yeah spend away... a good slap on your back, and a wine and cheese party are in order so that you can bask in your self righteousness. But for millions of Americans feeling the pinch....Climate change giveaways simply look like grift.

I couldn't agree more. The problem with all this climate stuff is people don't realize the costs are intrinsic in the products they buy.

Moooochelle conned her husband to force all restaurants to post a calorie count on every item they sold. While her idea didn't make one fat kid skinny, I thought about extrapolating the idea to climate change.

Next time Trump becomes President, he should use her idea only for green. If you buy a car, they have to post how many thousands of dollars it cost to make that car green. A can of peaches, a lawnmower, a new circular saw, a new living room set all has to have the cost it took to make those products greener.

When people realize what all this save the planet bullshit is actually costing them in cash, they'll abandon the idea we need to make our country more environmentally friendly.

The information coming out on solar panel efficiency is really discrediting the whole premise of their use. Below freezing they collect snow and ice making them useless. During winter the cloudy conditions drop their efficiency below 43%. During summer, above 95 deg F, they lose 2% of their output for every 2 degrees F in rise.

The average home installation on the roof is 145 Deg F during full sunlight.

Lets do a little math... Panels are at 80% of their rated capacity in real life. There is always particulate matter in the air. If we have a 300w panel that means, we have 240w available in good sunlight with clean panels.

In winter we have but 42-43% on average due to ice crystals that are in the atmosphere. The average panel outputs about 100w during winter. (Low angel of incidence and ice crystals in the increased atmosphere). These panels are going to give about 32% of their rated output in winter, if they are cleaned and properly aligned.

In summer we get about 240w during perpendicular angle to the panels if they are clean. That gets reduced when we hit 95 Deg. During the heat of the day, when roof installations reach 140 deg F, those panels degrade, and the output is lowered. if we use the 1% for each 1 Degree F of temp rise, were losing about 45% of the panel output. Again, were back down in the 100w to 120w range.

The heat also destroys the integrity of the cells over time and by 10 years of service that 80% average is near 55%. Solar is not what they claim it is cracked up to be. There are three tiers of panels, and they all degrade at different rates.

This is why the Democrats face disaster in November. Sure, people are hurting but go ahead and finance Chinese solar panels

Out of touch is putting it mildly.

The Democrats need to rename themselves the "Let Them Eat Cake Party."

The information coming out on solar panel efficiency is really discrediting the whole premise of their use. Below freezing they collect snow and ice making them useless. During winter the cloudy conditions drop their efficiency below 43%. During summer, above 95 deg F, they lose 2% of their output for every 2 degrees F in rise.

The average home installation on the roof is 145 Deg F during full sunlight.

Lets do a little math... Panels are at 80% of their rated capacity in real life. There is always particulate matter in the air. If we have a 300w panel that means, we have 240w available in good sunlight with clean panels.

In winter we have but 42-43% on average due to ice crystals that are in the atmosphere. The average panel outputs about 100w during winter. (Low angel of incidence and ice crystals in the increased atmosphere). These panels are going to give about 32% of their rated output in winter, if they are cleaned and properly aligned.

In summer we get about 240w during perpendicular angle to the panels if they are clean. That gets reduced when we hit 95 Deg. During the heat of the day, when roof installations reach 140 deg F, those panels degrade, and the output is lowered. if we use the 1% for each 1 Degree F of temp rise, were losing about 45% of the panel output. Again, were back down in the 100w to 120w range.

The heat also destroys the integrity of the cells over time and by 10 years of service that 80% average is near 55%. Solar is not what they claim it is cracked up to be. There are three tiers of panels, and they all degrade at different rates.

^ Winning TWO threads today...

Everyone knows the best way to fight inflation is to free up as much money as possible and dump it into the supply constrained market as fast as possible because...

Wait....

Oh shit.

Yeah. I watched that. This lady is completely out of touch. I noticed this myself about the Inflation Reduction Act. It saves no one any money, particularly in the short term. Yeah, you get credits for buying either a used or new electric vehicle but it has to be mostly made in the US but inflation is causing those cars to go up in value approximately by the very same amount as the tax credits. So, first of all, you have to spend money to get the tax credit, of which zeroes out counting inflation and not all cars are eligible. Yes, afterwards you save some money on fuel costs but then these cars are super expensive to fix. There was a story recently about someone who had bought a used electric vehicle and when it needed a new battery they discovered the new battery cost 14k. I doubt she saved 14K in fuel costs from the car. Then there are appliance and other green credits for people but, again, it actually forces you to spend money to get a credit at a time when most people don't have any extra money to even spend. Prescription drug costs? Well, they don't kick in until like 2025 and you can bet whatever money you save on insulin will be negated by higher costs of your other prescriptions.

Forum List

Back