Confederate Flag vs. Ground Zero Mosque?

:rolleyes:

When you've got nothing you should admit to defeat.

You and buggerreb have been pwned...but do keep defending the indefensible, it's almost cute.

Epic Ravi Fail :thup:

I'm not defending anything. Just trying to keep you honest when it comes to opinions versus facts. But clearly honesty just isn't your thing so in that regard perhaps I should admit defeat.

Won't change the fact that your opinions about the Civil War are opinions, not facts.

Why are you so Stressed out over this issue ravi?

Seriously.

It's been a while since I've seen Ravi have such an epic meltdown.

And for what?

I've seen a lot of people express their opinions as if they are facts, but rarely do they throw a temper tantrum over being called on it.

No one is saying slavery wasn't not one of the issues so stop being stupid, but it was not the only cause. Slavery was not the main issue for either side. Money was. You may learn something if you stick around.

:rolleyes:

There were other factors, but ensuring that slavery was upheld was *the* overriding reason for the Soufern governments coming together and seceding from the Union. It was about the powerful few staying rich through exploitive labor.

Even your boy Jefferson said that slavery was going to tear this nation apart, and he was right. :eusa_shhh:

If slavery and keep it was such a factor why did the Confedderate government decided to free the slaves in 1865? People who were so dead set for keep slaves would never have freed them in the first place.

And if slavery was the big issue why would blacks fight to keep slavery and another thing why would the poor white who were considered second class fight for slavery?

I agree that slavery wasn't "the" big issue-but it still was a prominent source of tension between the north and south. It also became a bigger issue later in the war.

I've heard people decry the Confederate flag flying on statehouse grounds in SC, saying that it is insensitive.

I've also heard people decry the would be Ground Zero mosque, also saying it is insensitive.

Not surprisingly, there is very little overlap among the two groups doing the decrying.

What I'd like to have explained, by anyone taking any side, is why one is indeed insensitive while the other is not.

note: Thread inspired by Ravi's self-pwnage in another thread.

I object to the city being such dicks about the Greek Orthodox church rebuilding. What the fuck is their problem?

Ravi says the question is retarded because the Confederacy is obviously way worse than Islam.

Allie says the question is retarded because Islam is obviously way worse than the Confederacy.

Wingtards on both sides attacking the message while being too afraid to address it head-on.

Obviously this is an EPIC WIN!

I fucking rule! :cool:
sigh...you are still equating all of Islam with bin laden.

Only the ravtards on the left think that the only "bad" Muslim is one who follows bin Laden.

Simplistic. And stupid. Look at the condition of Islamic countries and get back to me.

The Koran is worse than the Torah how, exactly?

Once again..the difference is that the flag of Islam represents terrorism and the butchery of women and children, and the oppression of all other faiths.
Huh? I think you're thinking of this flag

Israel.Decal.jpg

Islamic agenda

33216_Lolwut.jpg

Nor do i approve of a mosque at ground zero.
Define: 'Ground Zero'

One block? Two? NYC? NYS? USA? Earth?
I don't give a shit about anyones sensibilities. There is a thing called right and wrong.

Some would agree- and say that trying to prevent people from freely expressing their religion near where they live and work is just plain wrong. Something about 'freedom of religion' or something.

Fact. They are both politicians. (nuff said)

Fact: I have not made the distinctions between factions of said members or groups of islam.

Islam is a religion ad Christianity, and Buddhism is. Religions have tenets and such...not political agendas as far as I know.

and an act of war is a political act, not a religious one.

Islam is a political entity along with being a religious one. Do try and keep up.
Islam isn't an entity at all.

It's a religion.

If slavery and keep it was such a factor why did the Confedderate government decided to free the slaves in 1865? People who were so dead set for keep slaves would never have freed them in the first place.

And if slavery was the big issue why would blacks fight to keep slavery and another thing why would the poor white who were considered second class fight for slavery?

I agree that slavery wasn't "the" big issue-but it still was a prominent source of tension between the north and south. It also became a bigger issue later in the war.

The only thing a southerner had in common with a northerner, was they spoke the same language.

It also became a bigger issue later in the war

Lincoln did it to keep England out of the war. The northerners were tiring of the war and Lincoln had to make it a moral cause.

Is this a sentence that I am supposed to understand?

I will ask you the same thing was that a sentence that I am supposed to understand? The mafia? What the hell does that have anything to do with the subject?

It was an analogy...once you join, you can never leave.

NEVER.

Roach Motel America

Awesome

Don't like it? Too bad. Fuck you and your 'self-determination' and 'self-governance'

2524558928_4b0915df60.jpg

"When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you may nations...then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them and show them no mercy." Deuteronomy 7:1-2, NIV. 1

"...do not leave alive anything that breaths. Completely destroy them...as the Lord your God has commanded you..." Deuteronomy 20:16, NIV. 1

Samuel 15:3 "Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Forum List

Back