Confederate Memorial at Arlington will be removed despite GOP opposition

Then we will have to agree to disagree though it does beg the question why it was organizing like the Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy who put them up and still defend them to this day. Is it your claim that these organizations want to educate people on what trash human beings the Confederates were?

What's the rational underpinning of this argument? That's all knowledge is contained and retained via statue? Do you advocate for Nazi statues in order to preserve that history?

I notice how you have adorable pretend arguments (that's me being generous) and no real serious ones, as yet.

jam it up

Towns and cities across the South erected statues and monuments honoring heroes of the Confederacy on public land. Even though 40 percent of the Confederacy were slaves, none of those monuments honored slaves who also gave their lives

Those same towns and cities are today electing to remove those monuments. It is their right …..just like it was their right to put them up in the first place
sure sugar

Horse shit. It was Federal property
It was federal property, not territory. It was still within the borders of South Carolina. The federal government owns the Post Office down the street from where I live. Does that mean Congress gets to charge me property taxes?

Property. It was still within the borders of South Carolina. The federal government owns the Post Office down the street from where I live. Does that mean Congress gets to set the speed limits there?
What the fuck do you think you are talking about?

Jesus shit up

Interesting fact: The U.S. Supreme Court has never ruled on the very real question of whether the Confederate states had the Constitutional right to secede. In fact, concern over this point was the main reason why Jefferson Davis was never prosecuted for treason...fear of how the case might end up.

I have no strong opinion on what to do about Confederate monuments, most of which were erected long after the last Civil War soldier was dead.

Interesting fact: The U.S. Supreme Court has never ruled on the very real question of whether the Confederate states had the Constitutional right to secede. In fact, concern over this point was the main reason why Jefferson Davis was never prosecuted for treason...fear of how the case might end up.

I have no strong opinion on what to do about Confederate monuments, most of which were erected long after the last Civil War soldier was dead.
Progs don't want it to rule on that because they are afraid of the answer. That's why Lincoln tried to have Roger Taney arrested.

Forum List

Back