Confirmed: Captain Marvel "Big Feminist Movie"...

Disney/Marvel better hope not, as they've tripled down on it with their plan to replace Ironman with a 15-year old black girl, and recast Thor as a woman as well (described as "the one and only Thor" - "not She-Thor...not Lady Thor...not Thorita. This is THOR!"). Also, Brie Larson/Captain Marvel is slated to be the leader of the Avengers for the next 5 movies (including the current Captain Marvel origin story), which will presumably incorporate the new female Ironman and Thor characters, since RDJ and Chris Helmsworth are said to be done after the next movie, Avengers Endgame.

Marvel has always been very Progressive with its storylines and characters. In the last ten years they’ve gone over the top... and have faces backlash on more than one occasion.

If these changes are truly implemented in the MCU, it will make me far less likely to put money in the pockets of Marvel/Disney.

Oh they're happening. Run a search to confirm independently and you'll see - there are numerous articles describing Marvel's forthcoming transition of these characters (passing the torch, if you will, to new female versions of the existing Ironman and Thor characters rather than bringing existing female characters into the MCU, or even creating new ones). There is an obvious reason for this -- RDJ and Helmsworth are retiring their roles, and it's not fashionable to cast white males as masculine superheroes. It promotes and perpetuates something that is being tossed about as a societal epidemic infecting American culture -- toxic masculinity among white male youth. As white males themselves, the execs and writers of Disney/Marvel are convinced that white male fans (the long time base of Marvel comics) will come around to this new direction and embrace the female re-casts, and from a financial outlook perspective, they are thrilled about the idea of attracting a whole new audience of young females to the movies.

One look at this Incel video and a straight woman will start asking whether "conversion therapy" works in reverse. Queer Eye for the Staight Guy can only send out so many emergency teams, but even they can do nothing in terms of attitude, socialization, manners, brains, and talent.

I guess being judgemental twats in this case is acceptable because most of these guys are white and male.

How does it feel to be the same mentally as a high school bully?

Is there some rule that we all have to like people just because they are white and male, even if he is an ignorant, unaccomplished, aggressive, and hateful little asshole? Don't these idiots complain about "Chads," who oftentimes seem to be portrayed by them as white males?

BTW: Threatening and killing people just because one does not have a good sex life is really, really not cool.

killing people is usually not cool, except of course in cases of self defense or war.

No one has to like anyone, however it seems nowadays the focus is on ruining people or punishing them instead of trying to help them.

And to be honest, for most of these guys, it's NO sex life.

Maybe, but I seriously doubt that these guys would accept or cooperate with any help offered. Their statements are arrogant and angry and express an attitude that the world, particularly the female half, owes them something.

And no one has done anything to anyone of them who has not committed a crime.

Considering "owes me something" is the progressive mantra, I would think you would like these guys....

Oh they're happening. Run a search to confirm independently and you'll see - there are numerous articles describing Marvel's forthcoming transition of these characters (passing the torch, if you will, to new female versions of the existing Ironman and Thor characters rather than bringing existing female characters into the MCU, or even creating new ones). There is an obvious reason for this -- RDJ and Helmsworth are retiring their roles, and it's not fashionable to cast white males as masculine superheroes. It promotes and perpetuates something that is being tossed about as a societal epidemic infecting American culture -- toxic masculinity among white male youth. As white males themselves, the execs and writers of Disney/Marvel are convinced that white male fans (the long time base of Marvel comics) will come around to this new direction and embrace the female re-casts, and from a financial outlook perspective, they are thrilled about the idea of attracting a whole new audience of young females to the movies.

The Marvel fans will eat it up with a serving spoon. They’ve eaten it up in the comics for years.

The problem is that they need people who aren’t hardcore Marvel fans to go see the movies as well. That group is going to be far more difficult to get to buy into these changes. Especially when the “social justice” aspect of the movies becomes more obvious.

Apparently Gsl Gator has demanded that the sequel include more of the bondage and s&m aspects of her character. Aspects that have always been a major part of the history of Wonder Woman in the comics. I’m looking forward to seeing how thst gets incorporated.

Disney/Marvel better hope not, as they've tripled down on it with their plan to replace Ironman with a 15-year old black girl, and recast Thor as a woman as well (described as "the one and only Thor" - "not She-Thor...not Lady Thor...not Thorita. This is THOR!"). Also, Brie Larson/Captain Marvel is slated to be the leader of the Avengers for the next 5 movies (including the current Captain Marvel origin story), which will presumably incorporate the new female Ironman and Thor characters, since RDJ and Chris Helmsworth are said to be done after the next movie, Avengers Endgame.

Marvel has always been very Progressive with its storylines and characters. In the last ten years they’ve gone over the top... and have faces backlash on more than one occasion.

If these changes are truly implemented in the MCU, it will make me far less likely to put money in the pockets of Marvel/Disney.
Disneyland used to hire cross-dressers to play Snow white in their parades.....way back in the 70s.

"Some people just don't like activist movies."

Couldn't put it any better than this...

When I go see a movie, I'm going to be entertained, not preached to.

I'm a Christian, but I've never watched Passion of the Christ or the Left Behind movies or Noah. What I'm looking for in a movie is escapism. A subtle underlying theme can be great, like Blade Runner or The Dark Knight. But if Hollywood just beats their audience over the head with it, it stops being fun.

Who knows...Captain Marvel may be a great movie...and if it is, I may watch it...but Black Panther was been on Netflix for a couple months already, and I haven't watched it yet...even though I understand it is an excellent movie. The politicization just ruined it for me, and I have no interest in it, as it is no longer escapism...instead, I will be engaging my political mind, and that just sucks all the enjoyment out of the movie experience for me. The same with Passion of the Christ, Noah and Left Behind...the politicization of the movies ruined them for me before they were released, and I never went back and watched them.

And that above anything else is the point I'm making. Just look at the polarization of this thread as ground zero.

Fortunately, skipping a supplemental Marvel movie had no effect on my enjoyment of subsequent releases. I loved Infinity War...loved it...watched it three times already...and maybe in skipping Black Panther I missed out on some nuances in A:IW, but it certainly didn't ruin the movie for me...and I suspect skipping Captain Marvel won't detract significantly from Avengers: Endgame. At least, let's hope not.

Last edited:
Rightists whine about the most inane, unimportant things.

YOur pretense that culture is not important is noted and laughed at.

61326852.jpg

"Some people just don't like activist movies."

Couldn't put it any better than this...

When I go see a movie, I'm going to be entertained, not preached to.

I'm a Christian, but I've never watched Passion of the Christ or the Left Behind movies or Noah. What I'm looking for in a movie is escapism. A subtle underlying theme can be great, like Blade Runner or The Dark Knight. But if Hollywood just beats their audience over the head with it, it stops being fun.

Who knows...Captain Marvel may be a great movie...and if it is, I may watch it...but Black Panther was been on Netflix for a couple months already, and I haven't watched it yet...even though I understand it is an excellent movie. The politicization just ruined it for me, and I have no interest in it, as it is no longer escapism...instead, I will be engaging my political mind, and that just sucks all the enjoyment out of the movie experience for me. The same with Passion of the Christ, Noah and Left Behind...the politicization of the movies ruined them for me before they were released, and I never went back and watched them.

And that above anything else is the point I'm making. Just look at the polarization of this thread as ground zero.

Fortunately, skipping a supplemental Marvel movie had no effect on my enjoyment of subsequent releases. I loved Infinity War...loved it...watched it three times already...and maybe in skipping Black Panther I missed out on some nuances in A:IW, but it certainly didn't ruin the movie for me...and I suspect skipping Captain Marvel won't detract significantly from Avengers: Endgame. At least, let's hope not.

I watched Black Panther. It was not an excellent movie.

It could have been, if not for the need to pander to African supremacists.

I would rate is a mediocre with a side of offensive.

I feel sad for adults who take comic book movies so seriously.

Brie Larson confirmed Marvel approached her to make Captain Marvel a “big feminist movie.”

Speaking with Entertainment Tonight during a set visit last May, Brie Larson confirmed Marvel approached her about making Captain Marvel a feminist movie.

"I had a meeting with Marvel and what we discussed is they wanted to make a big feminist movie.”

Brie Larson Confirms Marvel Wants to Make Captain Marvel a "Big Feminist Movie" - Bounding Into Comics

If you want to pay to watch SJW Hollywood NPCs preach to you for two hours, more power to ya. I'll wait it out and watch this one on Netflix.

Let me guess you don't like feminist movies.

Brie Larson confirmed Marvel approached her to make Captain Marvel a “big feminist movie.”

Speaking with Entertainment Tonight during a set visit last May, Brie Larson confirmed Marvel approached her about making Captain Marvel a feminist movie.

"I had a meeting with Marvel and what we discussed is they wanted to make a big feminist movie.”

Brie Larson Confirms Marvel Wants to Make Captain Marvel a "Big Feminist Movie" - Bounding Into Comics

If you want to pay to watch SJW Hollywood NPCs preach to you for two hours, more power to ya. I'll wait it out and watch this one on Netflix.

Why would anyone like a "feminists movie"?

You mean the Hollywood liberals that spend their whole lives, in making movies and stuffing them full of propaganda?
I mean sad little people who whine about a comic book movie.

Seems a lot more of an investment to spend your whole life making movies, and stuffing them full of propaganda.

That is really taking something "seriously".

Spending a few minutes typing and pointing out a something you don't like about a movie. That's not much of an investment at all.

Seems odd that you focus on the latter group and not the former...

Almost like you are lying about how you really feel about it.

You mean the Hollywood liberals that spend their whole lives, in making movies and stuffing them full of propaganda?

Seems a lot more of an investment to spend your whole life making movies, and stuffing them full of propaganda.

Spending a few minutes typing and pointing out a something you don't like about a movie. That's not much of an investment at all.

It's a comic book movie, kid.

It's a comic book movie, kid.

Using ridicule to dodge my point. Standard lib tactic.

My point stands. YOu are hear to attack people who take this movie seriously.

Yet you don't have a problem with the people that put the propaganda IN, the movie.

That reveals that your position is a dishonest lie.

Kid.

Because it's a good movie. Did you like Wonder woman?

Because it's a good movie. Did you like Wonder woman?

Yes.

Forum List

Back