Confiscate All Personal Assets In Excess Of $20 Million!

I say we do it! But if it does not work out (ie in a year shit falls apart) all the people involved with this idea agree to kill themselves on TV so that the world can learn from their stupidity!
Aside from a small group of highly pissed-off formerly uber-wealthy, what do you suppose could go wrong? Within ten years the United States would be a social and political Utopia.

The Nation has the money to do that. The problem is the bulk of our wealth resources has been hijacked by a bunch of greedy individuals who have methodically exploited an economic system which was extremely vulnerable to manipulation via political corruption.

If you are aware of pitfalls which I am blind to I will appreciate your input.

Oh I dono, prolly the fact that you would never see a dime of their money... They would sooner pull out all investments and ship any money over 20 million overseas. Then you get to deal with the economy tanking due to the ripple effect you're horrible idea would cause.

Next, as said before you would be claiming we should go after people making 10 million + to make up for all the problems you caused. Before long no one would know if their earning are safe and you would be in something much worse than a great depression. Hell, if Obama’s stimulus can fail because of “bad attitudes” then just think how bad things could be under your dictatorship.

Last edited:
Most modern farms easily exceed $20 million in assets yet only produce average salaries. If you took those assets away food price would skyrocket & people will starve.
Those are mainly business assets. The issue is personal assets, which are separable.

Those assets are in the farmers name. He personally owns the land, home, buildings, storage facilities & equipment. These assets are required for him to make a living wage.
As I said, the two categories are separable (and taxed accordingly) as are the elaborate tools and instruments used by some professionals. As are the boats owned by fishermen. Etc.

Whenever I post this proposal I am amazed by the number of impassioned protests I receive from those whose only hope of ever paying down their credit card debt is hitting the Lottery.

There are multi-millionaires who have favorably contemplated the redistribution of America's hoarded wealth resources but I get howling protests from those who haven't a pot to piss in.

The only thing I can attribute this to is the effectiveness of the right-wing brainwash as implemented by the likes of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Steve Mahlsberg, et. al. What else could it be?

Oh, I don't know... Perhaps, sanity?

New York Yankees Alex Rodriguez players contract is $275,000,000. The Yankees alone pay him $27,500,000 a year. So does the government confiscate him since he is worth more than that every year? Do they tax him $255,000,000 to prevent him from having over $20,000,000?

Oh I dono, prolly the fact that you would never see a dime of their money... They would sooner pull out all investments and ship any money over 20 million overseas. Then you get to deal with the economy tanking due to the ripple effect you're horrible idea would cause.
FDR prepared to finance the components of his New Deal by raising the upper bracket of the progressive tax rate to ninety-one percent, which is not a great departure from what I've proposed. So why do you suppose the defection you've predicted didn't take place?

And even if that were a valid concern there are ways of preventing it, such a substantial exit tax.

Next, as said before you would be claiming we should go after people making 10 million + to make up for all the problems you caused. Before long no one would know if their earning are safe and you would be in something much worse than a great depression. Hell, if Obama’s stimulus can fail because of “bad attitudes” then just think how bad things could be under your dictatorship.
That is a compound presumption which is based on nothing.

New York Yankees Alex Rodriguez players contract is $275,000,000. The Yankees alone pay him $27,500,000 a year. So does the government confiscate him since he is worth more than that every year? Do they tax him $255,000,000 to prevent him from having over $20,000,000?
Yes.

Kill all people with an IQ under 100 and transform the USA into what it's supposed to be!!!!

a lot of people who post here would disappear using that criteria.

My point exactly.

We can start with the fucking moron who started this thread.
Keepers at NYC's Bronx Zoo have installed plexiglas barriers beyond the bars of some cages in the primate exhibit because the monkeys there are known to defecate into their hands and throw it when something upsets them. The monkeys do this when they are frustrated because all that a monkey in a cage can do when he doesn't like something is throw shit.

Ignorance and stupidity are metaphorical cages. Personal insults and empty ad hominem comments are analogous to handfuls of shit to be tossed out in place of intelligent, reasoned, logical arguments.

FDR prepared to finance the components of his New Deal by raising the upper bracket of the progressive tax rate to ninety-one percent, which is not a great departure from what I've proposed. So why do you suppose the defection you've predicted didn't take place?

And even if that were a valid concern there are ways of preventing it, such a substantial exit tax.

You mean you compare what you would want to do to FDR, the man who prolonged the Great Depression?

I am afraid this is a free nation and the confiscation of wealth is unconstitutional. Why don't you work for beans and cornbread? mmm cornbread.

You mean you compare what you would want to do to FDR, the man who prolonged the Great Depression?

Oh yeah, FDR prolonged the depression, all over the world in fact. When he started rearming the USA and firing up the factories for war he was still subverting economic recovery.:lol:

My point exactly.

Keepers at NYC's Bronx Zoo have installed plexiglas barriers beyond the bars of some cages in the primate exhibit because the monkeys there are known to defecate into their hands and throw it when something upsets them. The monkeys do this when they are frustrated because all that a monkey in a cage can do when he doesn't like something is throw shit.

Ignorance and stupidity are metaphorical cages. Personal insults and empty ad hominem comments are analogous to handfuls of shit to be tossed out in place of intelligent, reasoned, logical arguments.

you have made any logical and or reasonable arguement for your statement in the OP.

My point exactly.

something as silly as confiscating property doesn't warrant "argument". it warrants ridicule.

you might want to look up what a taking is as a concept in constitutional law.

as for the monkeys... nasty little creatures, albeit cute.

I am afraid this is a free nation and the confiscation of wealth is unconstitutional. Why don't you work for beans and cornbread? mmm cornbread.
Nothing wrong with beans and corn bread.

Why don't you be the first in line to hand over 75% of all you own?

no. he didn't prolong the depression. though i know the right like repeating that mantra over and over

Oh yeah, FDR prolonged the depression, all over the world in fact. When he started rearming the USA and firing up the factories for war he was still subverting economic recovery.:lol:

I didn't say he prolonged the Depression all over the world... You did, good job at blowing yourself out of the water. Mad crazy skillz.

FDR did confiscate wealth with Executive Order 6102. It is the exact same thing that printing money does. It takes from the savers who denied themselves of wants & desires to live within their means to save for a rainy day & gives it to the spenders who blow everything they ever get to live in the moment.

Forum List

Back