Cons want to bring baby Charlie to US!?

im sure you've heard the story . This baby in England has some terrible disease . He's blinded and deaf and only kept alive by a ventilator. In England the doctors think they should pull the plug . The parents want him
To get some experimental treatment in the USA .

The weird part. Two republicans are floating a bill to make the kid and his parents legal residents of the us so they can come over !

Since when do cons care about medical coverage ? Especially for immigrants !

Republicans cynically offer Charlie Gard U.S. citizenship to get the health care they won’t give to others

Leftists just view it as a late stage abortion and want to sell the parts - sad really.

Righties wouldn't have covered the kid to begin with . If you want to throw stones.

Righties would step forward and pay the expenses for this child out of their own pocket.

Lefties would reach into the righties' pockets when they weren't looking, take all of their cash and give half to the family for the child's medical care and keep the other half for administrative fees.
Somebody donated the money for the baby's care. It sure wasn't any leftist. The left wants to paint this as taxpayers supporting this experimental treatment when it is no such thing. Even if, by some magic, there was no money for Charlie Gard's treatment, the funds would still not be available to "da po' ".

It isn't this child's treatment the left objects to. It's the research and development that gave the experimental treatment. That's what costs. The left wants to stop the advancement of medical science. Maybe they can spend the money on global warming instead. The left is known for being anti science anyway.

Before the ACA babies like him would have to be in a clinical trial as no insurances would accept him or he would of reached his cap, both of which we no longer have due to the ACA. I think its the Dems that brought the ACA and are fighting to keep it and the Cons who have been trying to derail it since day one.

There is a chance.
People said the same thing about this boy a few years ago. I forget his name or what was wrong with him but he was supposed to die years ago. He is still alive.
We arent perfect. We are constantly learning new things. Its to be expected.
Even if, that shit shouldnt matter. That judge or judges shouldnt determine what happens to that kid.
DEATH PANEL

What about his doctors? Should they get a say?

Of course they get a say. Their say its to give the parents an informed spectrum of options and allow them to make the best choice for their child and family.

Every doctor takes an oath to do no harm. Withholding treatment violates that oath.

Treatments are specific actions that have a chance of helping. "Treatment" is NOT throwing anything and everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

And this has a chance of working. So what's your point

According to whom?
Charlie Gard has 10% chance of improvement, US doctor claims - BBC News

What about his doctors? Should they get a say?

Of course they get a say. Their say its to give the parents an informed spectrum of options and allow them to make the best choice for their child and family.

Every doctor takes an oath to do no harm. Withholding treatment violates that oath.

Treatments are specific actions that have a chance of helping. "Treatment" is NOT throwing anything and everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

According to whom?

He's upped the odds after examining Charlie. If it's upward towards 56% you gotta go for it

Doctors from Great Ormond Street, where Charlie is hooked up to life support machines, have said the tot will die from the illness.

But Dr Hirano, 55, believes his experimental theory could give Charlie "an 11% to 56% chance of clinically meaningful improvement".

US doctor examines desperately ill Charlie Gard in last chance talks

im sure you've heard the story . This baby in England has some terrible disease . He's blinded and deaf and only kept alive by a ventilator. In England the doctors think they should pull the plug . The parents want him

The weird part. Two republicans are floating a bill to make the kid and his parents legal residents of the us so they can come over !

Republicans cynically offer Charlie Gard U.S. citizenship to get the health care they won’t give to others

Leftists just view it as a late stage abortion and want to sell the parts - sad really.

Righties wouldn't have covered the kid to begin with . If you want to throw stones.

Righties would step forward and pay the expenses for this child out of their own pocket.

Lefties would reach into the righties' pockets when they weren't looking, take all of their cash and give half to the family for the child's medical care and keep the other half for administrative fees.
Somebody donated the money for the baby's care. It sure wasn't any leftist. The left wants to paint this as taxpayers supporting this experimental treatment when it is no such thing. Even if, by some magic, there was no money for Charlie Gard's treatment, the funds would still not be available to "da po' ".

It isn't this child's treatment the left objects to. It's the research and development that gave the experimental treatment. That's what costs. The left wants to stop the advancement of medical science. Maybe they can spend the money on global warming instead. The left is known for being anti science anyway.

Actually Trump wants to cut medical research funding. Price want to cut pre screening for cancer.

Actually Trump wants to cut medical research funding. Price want to cut pre screening for cancer.

so?

And try to make a buck of any body parts as well.

According to whom?

He's upped the odds after examining Charlie. If it's upward towards 56% you gotta go for it

Doctors from Great Ormond Street, where Charlie is hooked up to life support machines, have said the tot will die from the illness.

But Dr Hirano, 55, believes his experimental theory could give Charlie "an 11% to 56% chance of clinically meaningful improvement".

US doctor examines desperately ill Charlie Gard in last chance talks

for the record-----the fact that an examining doc-------determined that the kid MIGHT be improved
by treatment------IINDICATES that the baby is NOT BRAIN DEAD. The fact that the attending docs
prognosis is "he will die from present illness"-------DOES NOT EXCLUDE the possibility of some sort
of effective treatment. A dying infant is always a tragedy-----THEY LOOK SO GOOD (usually---
even the deformed babies somehow look FRESH AND NEW)

you are talking about a MOTHER's SON------how about you quit the "BODY PART
BULL SHIT" ------there, that's a good boy

They are not "making money " . Those parts are used by the meidical industry to come up with cures to many childhood diseases. This experimental proceadure probably came from fetal research .

Well lets see how long you can go without O2.

I'd love to see how long YOU could go without O2... Might be hard to determine when you were brain dead because so little activity happening up there already. I know I've been reading your nonsense this morning and I think I may have lost a couple of IQ points in the process.

You keep idiotically claiming this isn't socialized medicine or death panels but it is. The UK has the very same system you want here and we'd have the same kind of nightmares with you arrogantly defending them. Your credibility here is shot, you're not objective and you're not even trying to be honest. What's even more alarming is how you don't seem to understand this shouldn't be a decision made by anyone but the parents, and nothing else really matters.

I find it hypocritical of the left to comment on child health / life issue after the PP situation.

Well lets see how long you can go without O2.

I'd love to see how long YOU could go without O2... Might be hard to determine when you were brain dead because so little activity happening up there already. I know I've been reading your nonsense this morning and I think I may have lost a couple of IQ points in the process.

You keep idiotically claiming this isn't socialized medicine or death panels but it is. The UK has the very same system you want here and we'd have the same kind of nightmares with you arrogantly defending them. Your credibility here is shot, you're not objective and you're not even trying to be honest. What's even more alarming is how you don't seem to understand this shouldn't be a decision made by anyone but the parents, and nothing else really matters.

Mr Boss------pay attention to the brain of the person to whom you are presenting a logical
argument.

They are not "making money " . Those parts are used by the meidical industry to come up with cures to many childhood diseases. This experimental proceadure probably came from fetal research .

So they are donated?

You have said that you would torture a dying British child while denying health care to an American child.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I never said that, you idiot.

And you would gleefully deny them food stamps.

Why does a British couple need American food stamps?

You phony christians pretend you care about this baby but have voted against health care and even food stamps for the sick, handicapped poor in the US.

I started a thread in healthcare about another little boy who needs help and not one of you miserable hypocrites had anything to say.

Why don't you want people to support themselves? Work is one of the greatest gifts man has. Free will is another one. When we work hard to produce more than we use and then freely give what the Lord has blessed us with we begin to see the Hand of Providence in our society.

I'd rather live free then depend on politicians to give me back my money

I appreciate that you admit you want to starve the needy but most who get food stamps DO work.

But, read the thread about the woman who worked two jobs but wanted one of her employers to not change her schedule without any notice at all.

RWNJs, especially you phony christians, have no respect or appreciation for anyone's needs but their own.

I find it hypocritical of the left to comment on child health / life issue after the PP situation.

PP??? toxins in environment? ???? Left??? I voted for the elephant-----this time----(first
time since I reached the age of majority------EONS ago

I support FOOD STAMPS-------every citizen should be entitled to FOOD STAMPS-----
based on the same allowance given to the Poor---per mouth per month that exists
today. Rich people can either take them or leave them------you cannot eat caviar
for lunch each day on FOOD STAMPS----but you can eat well enough-----want
more----PAY FOR IT (fair is fair)

So they are donated?

I would think so . Kind of like how blood is donated , but later sold as there are costs involved in the process .

You are a doctor now!?!

If they have the money, which they do, who cares?
And who in the holy fuck does European courts think they are? I would tell them to shove it up their statist asses.

They do not have enough money for around the clock care for the life of the child.
They have got some. They raised over a million dollars. It would be enough for experimental treatment. Hell, they couldnt even go to the vatican! I think that might have been free. Not sure though.

It's not "treatment".

It would only prolong the time he is forced to "breathe" on a respirator.

No, the vatican would never even consider spending any of their trillions $$$ on a sick baby.

A non-viable fetus? Yes.
A child? Never.

There is nothing that can change how this horribly sad situation ends.

No, I simply read what US doctors said about this poor child.

And you're lying when you say I think all who get "welfare" have "legitimate" need. Unless, that is, you're talking about mega-corporations. I suspect none of them do but RWNJs vote to give it to them.

I never said that, you idiot.

And you would gleefully deny them food stamps.

Why does a British couple need American food stamps?

You phony christians pretend you care about this baby but have voted against health care and even food stamps for the sick, handicapped poor in the US.

I started a thread in healthcare about another little boy who needs help and not one of you miserable hypocrites had anything to say.

Why don't you want people to support themselves? Work is one of the greatest gifts man has. Free will is another one. When we work hard to produce more than we use and then freely give what the Lord has blessed us with we begin to see the Hand of Providence in our society.

I'd rather live free then depend on politicians to give me back my money

I appreciate that you admit you want to starve the needy but most who get food stamps DO work.

But, read the thread about the woman who worked two jobs but wanted one of her employers to not change her schedule without any notice at all.

RWNJs, especially you phony christians, have no respect or appreciation for anyone's needs but their own.

today's RW includes persons not SO RW. Trump is a democrat under the skin-------
a REAL DEMOCRAT--------not a hellcat variety of democrat

So they are donated?

I would think so . Kind of like how blood is donated , but later sold as there are costs involved in the process .

good analogy--------do you know that at one time------they PAID for blood "donations"?-----I have no
Idea if the custom persists------probably not

Since PP gives free or very inexpensive birth control, pre-natal, post-natal and pediatric care, I can see why you don't like them.

Forum List

Back