conservatives are right about the progressive income tax

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I've been convinced by republicans over the years that the progressive income tax isn't fair for individuals who aspire to move up. A lot of people do move up the ladder, not most, but a lot of people do and it seems unfair to have a tax that essentially punishes this. We all know that sin taxes on cigs are designed to reduce smoking and it does make smoking harder because it makes it less affordable. I can't see why taxes has to increAse just because yiu make more money or why such a tax wouldn't have the same affect on our economic behaviour. As an American who cares about the plight of middle class and impoverished Americans I don't see why hard work and ambition to improve your life is hated by so many democrats. It just seems like the richer people get the less we need to do public education, medical,care, etc etc etc. to put it plainly, rich people are not a burden to government expenses since they have no need for them so why is there such a drive to encourage laziness and discourage prosperity of any individual. I thought it was always a good thing if someone thrives but it seems that such a thing is a thing of the past. Oh well...long live government welfare recipients and death to rich people.

People in this country once knew that letting money pile up at the top was a recipe for aristocracy. People in this country used to know that the rich are always just fine no matter the tax structure and did not worry about their ability to get richer. They knew they were the ones who started war and made them pay for them. America used to give a fuck about the working man, to bad we were sold on the notion that the rich need us to sacrifice for them so that they can create jobs. And now here you are making the case that taxation is some kind of barrier to getting rich, well look at them, so much money is accumulating at the top it endangers our economy and democracy, I think they are not paying enough to justify their unfettered access to the halls of power.

• Banned
People in this country once knew that letting money pile up at the top was a recipe for aristocracy. People in this country used to know that the rich are always just fine no matter the tax structure and did not worry about their ability to get richer. They knew they were the ones who started war and made them pay for them. America used to give a fuck about the working man, to bad we were sold on the notion that the rich need us to sacrifice for them so that they can create jobs. And now here you are making the case that taxation is some kind of barrier to getting rich, well look at them, so much money is accumulating at the top it endangers our economy and democracy, I think they are not paying enough to justify their unfettered access to the halls of power.

Lie, class consciousness, lie, class consciousness, etc etc etc

• Banned

There was a time when people properly recognized this....

OP-You have been taken in by a huge pile of steaming bs. We HAVE a flat tax in this country NOW after thirty yars of Reaganism (if you count ALL taxes and fees). In fact most rich pay LESS than the rest of us, barely more than the poorest workers. So 99% of new wealth goes to the top 1%, consumer demand goes to hell, and it's a death spiral to a 3rd world style oligarchy. Great job, greedy idiot Pub and silly dupes!

I've been convinced by republicans over the years that the progressive income tax isn't fair for individuals who aspire to move up. A lot of people do move up the ladder, not most, but a lot of people do and it seems unfair to have a tax that essentially punishes this. We all know that sin taxes on cigs are designed to reduce smoking and it does make smoking harder because it makes it less affordable. I can't see why taxes has to increAse just because yiu make more money or why such a tax wouldn't have the same affect on our economic behaviour. As an American who cares about the plight of middle class and impoverished Americans I don't see why hard work and ambition to improve your life is hated by so many democrats. It just seems like the richer people get the less we need to do public education, medical,care, etc etc etc. to put it plainly, rich people are not a burden to government expenses since they have no need for them so why is there such a drive to encourage laziness and discourage prosperity of any individual. I thought it was always a good thing if someone thrives but it seems that such a thing is a thing of the past. Oh well...long live government welfare recipients and death to rich people.
A progressive income tax isn't about what's fair, it's about what's realistic. The bulk of government spending must come from the Wealthy because that's where the bulk of capital comes from. It just isn't realistic or sustainable to lower taxes on the wealthy. Contrary to what you cons like to believe, it does NOT stimulate growth. Businesses don't do better just because they have more to sell. They do better because people buy shit. That's why the tax burden must be off of the middle class and poor because they are the source of consumer spending.

A progressive income tax isn't about what's fair, it's about what's realistic. The bulk of government spending must come from the Wealthy because that's where the bulk of capital comes from. It just isn't realistic or sustainable to lower taxes on the wealthy. Contrary to what you cons like to believe, it does NOT stimulate growth. Businesses don't do better just because they have more to sell. They do better because people buy shit. That's why the tax burden must be off of the middle class and poor because they are the source of consumer spending.
Oh yeah? You want to take over paying my bills?

Forum List

Back