Conservatives don't want 'unelected' judges deciding matters of law

"I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with @NRA," Cagle tweeted. "Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back."

That is corrupt to the core.

Georgia's lieutenant governor threatens Delta over cutting its NRA ties
Oh you are mad because the state of George is using the Rule for Radicals and now fighting back? Bwaaaahhhhhaaaahhhhhaaaaa. go Bull Dogs...

So when the Supreme Court goes totally Conservative in the next 2 to 3 years and decides to overturn Roe Vs Wade, you are okay with that? They were unelected and will decide the matters of law...
They were elected by a body of legislature, gawd you are ignorant...

"I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with @NRA," Cagle tweeted. "Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back."

Oh you are mad because the state of George is using the Rule for Radicals and now fighting back? Bwaaaahhhhhaaaahhhhhaaaaa. go Bull Dogs...
So that makes them radicals also,,, stupid bitch...

How so?

Using the power of the government to coerce a corporation into supporting a lobbyist? I can't believe it's even questionable.

How so?

How so?
because of the role reversal..

How so?

Using the power of the government to coerce a corporation into supporting a lobbyist? I can't believe it's even questionable.

Politicians do not leave their right of free speech at the statehouse door. All politics is quid pro quo. They are well within limitations.

How so?

No shit, it's like collusion beyond ethical reproach, but wait the right nor the left seem to know what honor, dignity and honesty are so how can they be ethical?

How so?

Eh?

How so?

Politicians do not leave their right of free speech at the statehouse door. All politics is quid pro quo. They are well within limitations.
It is also a crime in many states...

I live in Georgia and went to UGA, neither of which make me think the State government should carry water for the NRA.

How so?

Eh?
Metamucil..

But they love the idea of the unelected NRA doing it.

What matter of law has the NRA ruled on with any legal authority to support it?

NOTE: You should attend to your signature.

So you've finally decided to concede that the Supreme Court has the legal authority to INTERPRET the Constitution?

lol

I think you misrepresent the conservative view of judges and the NRA. Judges are suppose to decide matters of law. The opposition comes when their role ventures into legislating and issuing judgements granting power to the federal government on issues the Constitution did not grant it. As for the NRA, they're no different from other special interest groups such as AARP.

Matters of law are legislating.

Of course the Court can make law. It's called 'case law'.

So when the Supreme Court goes totally Conservative in the next 2 to 3 years and decides to overturn Roe Vs Wade, you are okay with that? They were unelected and will decide the matters of law...

Trump was unelected. He was appointed by the states' electors.

That is how literally every President since George Washington was elected.

Never said that. Do you support the unelected NRA being able to use its lobbying power to block a background check that had 90% support from the American people?

Where does the NRA get their power?

They do donate, but compared to what other lobby groups donate it is nothing. They get their power from the support of the American people.

So you like unelected lobbyists controlling legislation. Okay...

There is not a single justice on the court today that favors overturning RvW. Do you think we are going to get 9 new justice in the next 2 to 3 years?

He's an idiot who thinks the Court should only have the authority to do things he likes.

So you've finally decided to concede that the Supreme Court has the legal authority to INTERPRET the Constitution?

lol

How on Earth does the NRA decide "matters of law"?

Where have you been? The NRA used its influence to kill a background check bill that had the support of 90% of Americans.

lol

I think you misrepresent the conservative view of judges and the NRA. Judges are suppose to decide matters of law. The opposition comes when their role ventures into legislating and issuing judgements granting power to the federal government on issues the Constitution did not grant it. As for the NRA, they're no different from other special interest groups such as AARP.

Only legislatures can legislate... courts cannot make law... they rule on matters of existing law. And of course the Supreme Court has the legal authority to interpret the Constitution.

lol

Only legislatures can legislate... courts cannot make law... they rule on matters of existing law. And of course the Supreme Court has the legal authority to interpret the Constitution.
They do not create law but weigh on its legality. If the SC rules that abortion is legal then it is legal and therefore a law...

Trump was unelected. He was appointed by the states' electors.

That is how literally every President since George Washington was elected.

Never said that. Do you support the unelected NRA being able to use its lobbying power to block a background check that had 90% support from the American people?

Where does the NRA get their power?

They do donate, but compared to what other lobby groups donate it is nothing. They get their power from the support of the American people.

So you like unelected lobbyists controlling legislation. Okay...

You are completely missing the point. You are acting like the NRA pays off Congressmen. They don't. The NRA lobbys for things that have broad support. A Congressman knows if they support what the NRA supports that equals votes at reelection time.

Forum List

Back