Conservatives don't want 'unelected' judges deciding matters of law

So when the Supreme Court goes totally Conservative in the next 2 to 3 years and decides to overturn Roe Vs Wade, you are okay with that? They were unelected and will decide the matters of law...

and they'll overturn roe v wade when you sprout ovaries, slick

5 of the 7 justices who voted in favor of roe v wade were republican appointees, including the chief justice

But they love the idea of the unelected NRA doing it.

What matter of law has the NRA ruled on with any legal authority to support it?

NOTE: You should attend to your signature.

So you've finally decided to concede that the Supreme Court has the legal authority to INTERPRET the Constitution?

lol

I think you misrepresent the conservative view of judges and the NRA. Judges are suppose to decide matters of law. The opposition comes when their role ventures into legislating and issuing judgements granting power to the federal government on issues the Constitution did not grant it. As for the NRA, they're no different from other special interest groups such as AARP.

Matters of law are legislating.

Of course the Court can make law. It's called 'case law'.

Only legislatures can legislate... courts cannot make law... they rule on matters of existing law. And of course the Supreme Court has the legal authority to interpret the Constitution.
They do not create law but weigh on its legality. If the SC rules that abortion is legal then it is legal and therefore a law...

Actually, they ruled that abortion is legal based on the right to privacy under the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment.

NOTE: You should attend to your signature.

So you've finally decided to concede that the Supreme Court has the legal authority to INTERPRET the Constitution?

lol

I think you misrepresent the conservative view of judges and the NRA. Judges are suppose to decide matters of law. The opposition comes when their role ventures into legislating and issuing judgements granting power to the federal government on issues the Constitution did not grant it. As for the NRA, they're no different from other special interest groups such as AARP.

Matters of law are legislating.

Of course the Court can make law. It's called 'case law'.

Only legislatures can legislate... courts cannot make law... they rule on matters of existing law. And of course the Supreme Court has the legal authority to interpret the Constitution.
They do not create law but weigh on its legality. If the SC rules that abortion is legal then it is legal and therefore a law...

Actually, they ruled that abortion is legal based on the right to privacy under the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment.
then they merely clarified the law. legislatures can create laws but there is also administrative law also which was created because of the lag in Congress to get simple rules changed or created for a department...

Conservatives now appear to want constitutional issues to be decided by a popular vote of a minority.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander, and you sorry whiney bitches are crying all the way.....Boooohoooo...
That just makes you one of them,, a sorry whiney bitch...That's why it's best not to ape those you condemn...

activist judge = i don't like the ruling

cons spend more time whining than any other group

Conservatives now appear to want constitutional issues to be decided by a popular vote of a minority.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander, and you sorry whiney bitches are crying all the way.....Boooohoooo...
What the fuck? LOL. I think Roe is wrongfully decided, but there's stare decsisis. You people are no different than communists in terms of rule of law.

What the fuck? LOL. I think Roe is wrongfully decided, but there's stare decsisis. You people are no different than communists in terms of rule of law.
Says the guy who voted for the people who tried to fundamentally transform America into a shithole....Bwaaaahhhhhaaahhhhhhhaaaaa

Says the guy who voted for the people who tried to fundamentally transform America into a shithole....Bwaaaahhhhhaaahhhhhhhaaaaa
Fuck off son. Your education was a waste of taxes.

Fuck off son. Your education was a waste of taxes.
Awe, did I piss you off? Only waste of taxes is those that go to the public indoctrination stations(public schools) and you look like a graduate of such.

immutable-truth-head-up-ass-buried-rectal-cranial-inversion-politics-1314793503.jpg

Yes because the NRA makes and enforces laws of all kinds

Of course they do. Do you think Republicans are so often extremist gun nuts in their voting records because that's what they really believe?

When was the last time the NRA showed up at a crime scene or was a judge at a trial?

And I'm not a republican but I will always vote pro second amendment just like I will always vote pro first amendment.

I guess that makes me nuts in your book

Never said that. Do you support the unelected NRA being able to use its lobbying power to block a background check that had 90% support from the American people?
Lol. You think criminals will fill out a background check. Funny stuff.
No. They won't try to buy a gun.

Forum List

Back