Conservatives don't want 'unelected' judges deciding matters of law

What matter of law has the NRA ruled on with any legal authority to support it?

Never said that. Do you support the unelected NRA being able to use its lobbying power to block a background check that had 90% support from the American people?
Lol. You think criminals will fill out a background check. Funny stuff.
No. They won't try to buy a gun.

Really??

So the fact that what they want to do with the gun is Illegal won't stop them, but the fact that getting a gun is Illegal will stop them?
Let me spell it out for you. If we have universal background checks to include private gun sales, it will be much more difficult to buy a gun. Not impossible but difficult . It will keep guns out of the hands of many who should not have them. Tell me exactly what you're so confused about.

Yes, that worked so well in the 'Roaring 20's', when it was against the law to sell booze in every state, every city, every neighborhood in the country..

I read somewhere, some time back, that drunk driving decreased by a whole 50% during that time.

and just look at the war on drugs?

Look how well that worked out.

and you think a ban on a gun is going to do crap?

you think a national background check is going to work?

Think again

Never said that. Do you support the unelected NRA being able to use its lobbying power to block a background check that had 90% support from the American people?

Really??

So the fact that what they want to do with the gun is Illegal won't stop them, but the fact that getting a gun is Illegal will stop them?
Let me spell it out for you. If we have universal background checks to include private gun sales, it will be much more difficult to buy a gun. Not impossible but difficult . It will keep guns out of the hands of many who should not have them. Tell me exactly what you're so confused about.

Yes, that worked so well in the 'Roaring 20's', when it was against the law to sell booze in every state, every city, every neighborhood in the country..

I read somewhere, some time back, that drunk driving decreased by a whole 50% during that time.

Think again

Nobody expects it to completely solve the problem.

Really??

Think again

'solve' the problem?

did yhou notice my 2 examples?

Prohibition?

major criminal activity

War on Drugs?

major criminal activity.

any pluses from either action?

Really??

Think again

'solve' the problem?

Prohibition?

major criminal activity

War on Drugs?

major criminal activity.

Yes, we know those two things represent every law that was ever passed---------idiot

Really??

Think again

'solve' the problem?

Prohibition?

major criminal activity

War on Drugs?

major criminal activity.

Yes, we know those two things represent every law that was ever passed---------idiot

NO,

but they represent the two biggest fuckups by the Government, and your side is begging for #3

I want to see the Super Computer that is going to track the sales of over 300.000.000 firearms

Think again

'solve' the problem?

Prohibition?

major criminal activity

War on Drugs?

major criminal activity.

NO,

but they represent the two biggest fuckups by the Government, and your side is begging for #3

I want to see the Super Computer that is going to track the sales of over 300.000.000 firearms

A computer like that would be cool. What makes you think that would happen? NRA propaganda?

Think again

'solve' the problem?

Prohibition?

major criminal activity

War on Drugs?

major criminal activity.

NO,

A computer like that would be cool. What makes you think that would happen? NRA propaganda?

NRA propaganda?

Wouldn't know where to find it, and I'm not on their mailing list.

It's called common sense.

(check Amazon, they may have it on sale)

Surely the very thought would result in a record number of hard-drive crashes among gun store owners nationwide.

And paper? Hoo-boy, those damned space heaters ...

Really??

Think again

'solve' the problem?

Prohibition?

major criminal activity

War on Drugs?

major criminal activity.

It represents every law that tried to prevent people from doing an other wise victimless crime.

Think again

'solve' the problem?

Prohibition?

major criminal activity

War on Drugs?

major criminal activity.

NO,

Person of Interest is a Sci-fi show for a reason. Plus it would only be able to track legal sales.

There is not a single justice on the court today that favors overturning RvW. Do you think we are going to get 9 new justice in the next 2 to 3 years?

It'll only take five to note that children's separate counsel was missing @ Obergefell.

False equivalency logical fallacy. A different era, different culture, different issue, AND most people were against prohibition. Now most people are IN FAVOR OF stricter gun laws. And unlike alcohol, the goal is not to eradicate the product altogether. Sorry guys with little hands, your the only ones who need an AR 15- or think that you do.

False equivalency logical fallacy.

Not really. There is nothing wrong with either drinking or owning a gun. The government is trying to create another victimless crime.

A different era, different culture, different issue, AND most people were against prohibition. Now most people are IN FAVOR OF stricter gun laws.

What is also different is that owning a gun is a right. What the majority wants doesn't matter.

Sorry guys with little hands, your the only ones who need an AR 15- or think that you do.

Need doesn't matter. Wanting and having a right to something does.

My brother's brother in-law has a huge screen with a projector and complete surround sound. Does he need it? No. My wife likes cooking gadgets. Does she need them? No.

So when the Supreme Court goes totally Conservative in the next 2 to 3 years and decides to overturn Roe Vs Wade, you are okay with that? They were unelected and will decide the matters of law...

Trump was unelected. He was appointed by the states' electors.
I've seen people post some incredibly stupid shit but this takes the cake. This is some grade school level ignorance.

Unreal

False equivalency logical fallacy. A different era, different culture, different issue, AND most people were against prohibition. Now most people are IN FAVOR OF stricter gun laws. And unlike alcohol, the goal is not to eradicate the product altogether. Sorry guys with little hands, your the only ones who need an AR 15- or think that you do.
Now most people are IN FAVOR OF stricter gun laws.
And you are a fucking liar......And what part of GUN FREE ZONE would you enact to make it harder?

But they love the idea of the unelected NRA doing it.

What matter of law has the NRA ruled on with any legal authority to support it?

Do you object to any organization using its lobbying power or just certain ones?

Funny how NYcarbineer avoid the question. We can see his partisan BS for miles. Insincere idiot.

Not really. There is nothing wrong with either drinking or owning a gun. The government is trying to create another victimless crime.

A different era, different culture, different issue, AND most people were against prohibition. Now most people are IN FAVOR OF stricter gun laws.

What is also different is that owning a gun is a right. What the majority wants doesn't matter.

Sorry guys with little hands, your the only ones who need an AR 15- or think that you do.

My brother's brother in-law has a huge screen with a projector and complete surround sound. Does he need it? No. My wife likes cooking gadgets. Does she need them? No.
speaking of false equivalencies

speaking of false equivalencies

How? I am comparing inanimate objects.

Forum List

Back