Conservatives don't want 'unelected' judges deciding matters of law

But they love the idea of the unelected NRA doing it.

What matter of law has the NRA ruled on with any legal authority to support it?

Never said that. Do you support the unelected NRA being able to use its lobbying power to block a background check that had 90% support from the American people?
Lol. You think criminals will fill out a background check. Funny stuff.
No. They won't try to buy a gun.

Really??

So the fact that what they want to do with the gun is Illegal won't stop them, but the fact that getting a gun is Illegal will stop them?

Never said that. Do you support the unelected NRA being able to use its lobbying power to block a background check that had 90% support from the American people?

Really??

So the fact that what they want to do with the gun is Illegal won't stop them, but the fact that getting a gun is Illegal will stop them?
Let me spell it out for you. If we have universal background checks to include private gun sales, it will be much more difficult to buy a gun. Not impossible but difficult . It will keep guns out of the hands of many who should not have them. Tell me exactly what you're so confused about.

Really??

Let me spell it out for you. If we have universal background checks to include private gun sales, it will be much more difficult to buy a gun. Not impossible but difficult . It will keep guns out of the hands of many who should not have them. Tell me exactly what you're so confused about.

It wouldn't make it difficult for me.

I think the vast majority of the population would have no trouble.

They have the exact same right to lobby as do labor unions and Planned Parenthood, and since most democrats are completely owned by one or both of those and do their bidding, yes I support the NRA's right to lobby.

You are completely missing the point. You are acting like the NRA pays off Congressmen. They don't.

Oh bullshit. Of course they do. They buy candidates pretty cheap too. The money is filtered through PACs and individuals in the organization.

Opensecrets: Money to congressional candidates: 2016 Cycle

The NRA lobbys for things that have broad support.

Lobbying (Britannica.com): Lobbying, which has gained special attention in the United States, takes many forms. Group representatives may appear before legislative committees. Public officials may be “buttonholed” in legislative offices, hotels, or private homes. Letters may be written or telephone calls made to public officials, and campaigns may be organized for that purpose. Organizations may provide favoured candidates with money and services.

The NRA indeed pays off congressmen.

A Congressman knows if they support what the NRA supports that equals votes at reelection time.

And money.

Really??

It wouldn't make it difficult for me.

I think the vast majority of the population would have no trouble.
Sure, you could find someone to sell you a gun under the table, but if caught, you and the seller would be headed for the big house, which is not always the case now. It would be sure to deter at least some people.

Do you support unelected groups and organization being able to lobby in favor of gun control and other issues you support? If you do then you really have no right to gripe about the NRA doing it.

Please explain how background checks will be enforced for private sales
The same way that they work in 22 States and DC. But it needs to be mandated on the federal level because state boarders are not secure.

Too funny. Do you actually believe those laws would prevent criminals from selling out of the trunks of their cars?

Maybe you would prefer restricting free movement between states as a means of controlling guns.

Unconstitutional.

Too funny. Do you actually believe those laws would prevent criminals from selling out of the trunks of their cars?
And where do you think that the criminals get those guns to sell out of their cars? Answer: STATES WITH LOOSE OR NON EXISTANT GUN LAWS. Is it possible that you have your heads that far up that stink place where the sun don't shine, or are you just playing stupid?

Judges do not decide law the determine guilt or innocence and they interpret the constitution.....
If they continue to make law like some liberal justices are doing today they risk having to stand for elections one day just like your representatives...

You are completely missing the point. You are acting like the NRA pays off Congressmen. They don't.

Oh bullshit. Of course they do. They buy candidates pretty cheap too. The money is filtered through PACs and individuals in the organization.

Opensecrets: Money to congressional candidates: 2016 Cycle

The NRA lobbys for things that have broad support.

Lobbying (Britannica.com): Lobbying, which has gained special attention in the United States, takes many forms. Group representatives may appear before legislative committees. Public officials may be “buttonholed” in legislative offices, hotels, or private homes. Letters may be written or telephone calls made to public officials, and campaigns may be organized for that purpose. Organizations may provide favoured candidates with money and services.

The NRA indeed pays off congressmen.

A Congressman knows if they support what the NRA supports that equals votes at reelection time.

And money.
So do labor unions. So does Planned Parenthood. And lobbying is legal. You have the constitutional right to petition the government, and a lobbying group is merely a group that has agreed on a subject they want to petition.

So when the Supreme Court goes totally Conservative in the next 2 to 3 years and decides to overturn Roe Vs Wade, you are okay with that? They were unelected and will decide the matters of law...

Don't forget that pendulum swings both ways.

Really??

It won't stop or make it more difficult to buy a gun. It is easier to buy weed than beer if you are under 21. In my state which has ABC stores for liquor it is easier to buy illgalI drugs than liquor depending on where you live even if you are 21 or older.

Forum List

Back