Conservatives forget history in discrediting Trump protesters

These protests are Astroturf, they have no basis in law or the Constitution. The left lost fair and square to Trump. They had every advantage, a over the top biased press, a Democrat in the White House, their opponent Trump isn't a professional politician. And still they lost and lost huge. Now they have sour grapes and want to change the rules, pathetic.

What else would you call protesters paid and bussed in from elsewhere other than professionals?

lots of blame ,few people saying mistakes made by both sides, keep putting them back in office, wonder why? doing the same thing over and over expecting different results

This election cycle's protests might be bigger (but then, so was the divisive and inflammatory rhetoric and animosity of the entire election compared to previous campaigns) - but none of that changes the fact that there were significant Anti-Obama protests compared to previous elections. There's a trend here of increased division leading to violence that you conveniently want to ignore.

It's all OK and will soon be dealt with. Attorney General Jeff Sessions will put a stop to the rioting.

I overslept------what is the dirt on Jeff Sessions?
Sessions called a black man "boy" about 40 years ago. It kept him from getting appointed as a Federal judge. Now the sonsabitches want to cause double jeopardy on that incident.
* cough * cough Robert Byrd *cough *cough

I see my stalker has once again crawled out of the pool of vomit you passed out in last night. Must be after noon!

The political memory sure seems to be suffering from Alzheimers...

Trump refers to them as "professional protesters" - which simultaneously discredits them (with no evidence) and fans the flames. A typical tactic to delegitimize their concerns which are just as valid as the concerns that moved people to vote for trump.

Conservatives forget history in discrediting Trump protesters:

Trump’s supporters also perceive these protests as “unfair” because they claim there were no riots following Obama’s election.

According to conservatives on social media, “Republicans have jobs and responsibilities” and therefore couldn’t engage in civil disobedience to voice their discontent with the 2008 and 2012 elections. With this perception of the Obama elections and subsequent claims of “ Republican acceptance,” Trump supporters are now demanding the same “fairness” for Donald J. Trump’s presidency, “We sat through do nothing politics for 8 years, the least they can do is go shut up and sit in the corner for 8 themselves,” on Trump supporter explained.

However, these perceptions do not reflect what actually followed the election of our country’s first black president, much less the difference between why people are protesting Donald J. Trump’s presidency as compared to Barack Obama’s presidency.

Obama’s election in 2008 was preceded and followed by violent attacks and property destruction targeted against minorities.​

Now, this blog is in it's own way as decidely biased as the pro-Trumpers view, but it does point out some conveniently forgotten truths of a previous election win. There were protests. And violence. And some pretty bad behavior.
well just post up one news story from 2008. That's simple right?
Racist Backlash Greets President Barack Obama
what is that? It isn't a news story, it's some magazine. I said a news story, you know from a media source. ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSBC, Fox, any fking main stream outlet. BTW, I laughed at that magazine piece. funny stuff, never said anything about rioting or people in the streets.

Nope no people in the street there.
You are scaring me. You have never seen an article in a magazine cover news? Jesus. How old ARE you?
We were talking about PROTESTS. I think everyone here has agreed the riots are wrong. And they were limited and appear to be over. I would call everything in that article a protest, even if they weren't in the streets..
Why haven't Obama and Hillary denounced the violence?
Answer: They are fascists who love violence.
They are Extreme RW?

well just post up one news story from 2008. That's simple right?
Racist Backlash Greets President Barack Obama
what is that? It isn't a news story, it's some magazine. I said a news story, you know from a media source. ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSBC, Fox, any fking main stream outlet. BTW, I laughed at that magazine piece. funny stuff, never said anything about rioting or people in the streets.

You are scaring me. You have never seen an article in a magazine cover news? Jesus. How old ARE you?
We were talking about PROTESTS. I think everyone here has agreed the riots are wrong. And they were limited and appear to be over. I would call everything in that article a protest, even if they weren't in the streets..

Links have been provided earlier. I'm not repeating.
This is what they do...pretend you didn't link something and ask for it again and again and again.

This is what they do...pretend you didn't link something and ask for it again and again and again.
it's what we do when someone basis a claim and can't back it up with the links. Until one is produced, the OP is a lie.

Trump refers to them as "professional protesters" - which simultaneously discredits them (with no evidence) and fans the flames. A typical tactic to delegitimize their concerns which are just as valid as the concerns that moved people to vote for trump.

Trump’s supporters also perceive these protests as “unfair” because they claim there were no riots following Obama’s election.

According to conservatives on social media, “Republicans have jobs and responsibilities” and therefore couldn’t engage in civil disobedience to voice their discontent with the 2008 and 2012 elections. With this perception of the Obama elections and subsequent claims of “ Republican acceptance,” Trump supporters are now demanding the same “fairness” for Donald J. Trump’s presidency, “We sat through do nothing politics for 8 years, the least they can do is go shut up and sit in the corner for 8 themselves,” on Trump supporter explained.

However, these perceptions do not reflect what actually followed the election of our country’s first black president, much less the difference between why people are protesting Donald J. Trump’s presidency as compared to Barack Obama’s presidency.

Obama’s election in 2008 was preceded and followed by violent attacks and property destruction targeted against minorities.​

Now, this blog is in it's own way as decidely biased as the pro-Trumpers view, but it does point out some conveniently forgotten truths of a previous election win. There were protests. And violence. And some pretty bad behavior.

Maybe my memory is hazy and I don't recall rioting when President Obama was elected but maybe someone can refresh my pot filled head...

As for protesting, well of course they protested his election and hell some on here still believe he was born on Uranus and illegally came here from Pluto, but again can someone help me with the rioting part!?!

Like with President Obama I will give Trump the same length of rope to hang his political career with ( not a threat for those that have nothing better to do than to be complete idiots ) and I believe the fringes on both sides need to smoke a little herb and get laid so they can relax a little...

I see no reason to condemn protests - they're an expression of a right. That right stops short of violence and destruction though.

I didn't write anything about you not having the right to protest and by all means, but I still am asking the question when did the amount of rioting happen when President Obama was elected!?!

There is a big difference between rioting and protesting in a peaceful manner, and before one of you write I believe protesting is rioting, well try again... :)

I condemn rioting no matter which side does it because it is destruction of property and acts of violence that is not needed...

I think you are riot in that the amount of protesting has been greater and I think that is directly related to the extremely toxic campaign, in part. I think there are SOME that turned into riots, which was less in the Obama election but even those, given the number of debunked claims - is probably less than is being claimed.

There is a lot of anger being fanned by irresponsible social media when it should be calmed and that is disturbing.
'

"""Irresponsible social media " ???? ya wanna make CYBERSPACE "responsible"---------sorry------MOB RULE

Maybe my memory is hazy and I don't recall rioting when President Obama was elected but maybe someone can refresh my pot filled head...

As for protesting, well of course they protested his election and hell some on here still believe he was born on Uranus and illegally came here from Pluto, but again can someone help me with the rioting part!?!

Like with President Obama I will give Trump the same length of rope to hang his political career with ( not a threat for those that have nothing better to do than to be complete idiots ) and I believe the fringes on both sides need to smoke a little herb and get laid so they can relax a little...

I see no reason to condemn protests - they're an expression of a right. That right stops short of violence and destruction though.

I didn't write anything about you not having the right to protest and by all means, but I still am asking the question when did the amount of rioting happen when President Obama was elected!?!

There is a big difference between rioting and protesting in a peaceful manner, and before one of you write I believe protesting is rioting, well try again... :)

I condemn rioting no matter which side does it because it is destruction of property and acts of violence that is not needed...

I think you are riot in that the amount of protesting has been greater and I think that is directly related to the extremely toxic campaign, in part. I think there are SOME that turned into riots, which was less in the Obama election but even those, given the number of debunked claims - is probably less than is being claimed.

There is a lot of anger being fanned by irresponsible social media when it should be calmed and that is disturbing.
'

"""Irresponsible social media " ???? ya wanna make CYBERSPACE "responsible"---------sorry------MOB RULE

:lol: Good point!

it's what we do when someone basis a claim and can't back it up with the links. Until one is produced, the OP is a lie.
So...are you now going on record that the OP hasn't provided any links? any at all?

Conservatives forget history in discrediting Trump protesters here's one in the OP itself.

So...are you now going on record that the OP hasn't provided any links? any at all?
nope, not from one media source.

Forum List

Back