Conservatives forget history in discrediting Trump protesters

These protests are Astroturf, they have no basis in law or the Constitution. The left lost fair and square to Trump. They had every advantage, a over the top biased press, a Democrat in the White House, their opponent Trump isn't a professional politician. And still they lost and lost huge. Now they have sour grapes and want to change the rules, pathetic.

No they have every "Right" to protest, they also have every "Right" to be arrested for destruction of property.

Obama’s election in 2008 was preceded and followed by violent attacks and property destruction targeted against minorities.
And months before the election, and years before it, there were thousands of such violent attacks, fights, property destruction against blacks, and even hundreds of murders. Usually committed against minorities by other minorities.

And since Obama's election, there have been hundreds and thousands more. The trend seems to have gradually increased for eight years.

And now the same people are rioting on college campuses and city streets, smashing windows, overturning cars, throwing firebombs at police, and all the rest.

The few dozen committed by Republican supporters pales by comparison.

Poor little liberals. Crying and squalling after receiving the biggest electoral defeat in living memory.

Why should anyone pay attention to you? Normal people know you'll just keep complaining and whining no matter what we say. Since you're no longer in a position to do harm to the country, there's no point in paying attention to you. You're just not worth the trouble.
the biggest electoral defeat in living memory.
Are you 3? Obama won by more in 2008 and 2012. Just for starters.

In 2010 you lost the House.
In 2012 you lost the Senate.
In 2016 you lost the Presidency.

Wow you guys are truly on the right path.
(rolling eyes)

You are scaring me. You have never seen an article in a magazine cover news? Jesus. How old ARE you?
We were talking about PROTESTS. I think everyone here has agreed the riots are wrong. And they were limited and appear to be over. I would call everything in that article a protest, even if they weren't in the streets..
Why haven't Obama and Hillary denounced the violence?
Answer: They are fascists who love violence.

Links have been provided earlier. I'm not repeating.
you have not provided any link that validated your OP not one.

Not my problem if you don't like the link.
sure it is, it's your integrity, BTW, I just deleted my post on the ambulance story because I couldn't find a reliable news source to validate it. I have integrity. I didn't do my due diligence and apologize.

But you made a statement and it is not validated. without that, it's not real.

Ok, that's reasonable.

The claim I made in the OP was (copied from the blog I linked to):
Trump’s supporters also perceive these protests as “unfair” because they claim there were no riots following Obama’s election.

According to conservatives on social media, “Republicans have jobs and responsibilities” and therefore couldn’t engage in civil disobedience to voice their discontent with the 2008 and 2012 elections. With this perception of the Obama elections and subsequent claims of “ Republican acceptance,” Trump supporters are now demanding the same “fairness” for Donald J. Trump’s presidency, “We sat through do nothing politics for 8 years, the least they can do is go shut up and sit in the corner for 8 themselves,” one Trump supporter explained.

However, these perceptions do not reflect what actually followed the election of our country’s first black president, much less the difference between why people are protesting Donald J. Trump’s presidency as compared to Barack Obama’s presidency.

Obama’s election in 2008 was preceded and followed by violent attacks and property destruction targeted against minorities.

So here are some links:
Anti-Obama Protest at University of Mississippi Turns Unruly
Guilty plea in Springfield church fire
Idaho students chant Obama threat on school bus
Obama election spurs race threats, crimes

Now, I'm going to say this about 2008 and the ways in which it differs from now:

In 2008 and 2012, the unrest was not as wide spread, was more in invidual acts around the country, but individual acts that added up to some pretty ugly stuff including a church burning and assaults but no large scale demonstrations, so I'll agree I was wrong to go with that comparison. Mea Culpa :)

There are some other differences though - between then and now - that ought to be part of the conversation.

McCain made a deliberate effort to calm flames from his supporters when the rhetoric started to go over the top throughout the campaign. Trump pumped it up and I think part of that is a reason why these protests are so charged, if you fan the flames like that right up to and through the election, how are you going to control them after the election - when someone HAS to lose? Do you honestly think Trump supporters would have quietly accepted it it after months of rhetoric about rigging and cheating? You had people threatening revolution, shooting, etc. At this point, it's all rhetoric and speculation and we'll never know.

Add to that, as soon as the protests started, what does Trump do? Tweets that they had a "fair and transparent" (because he won) and the Dems were bussing in paid protestors (again, a charge without evidence). That is not calming the flames, it's fanning them. Some of that might be the problem with Twitter - a medium not designed to convey nuance or much else either. He first lashed out at out at the protestors accusing them of being paid operatives then, the next day praising them for their passion and calling for unity.

Another point to consider - the question of has Hillary and Obama said and done enough to calm the protests? When I've looked over the articles, I've seen multiple moments, on various trips and talks, where Obama AND his supporters, such as Oprah Winfrey and Dave Chappelle, have called for unity, and for people to work with Mr. Trump and give him a chance. He has emphasized to his followers that a Trump Administration doesn't automatically mean a rejection of everything they've worked for. Obama has refused to criticize or talk about Trump's potential appointments or any aspects of the transition. Though not related to the protests, has met with foreign dignataries to assure them that their will be continuity with the Trump Administration. All this, together - is an effort to calm the flames and to try to reassure the people who supported him: unity not violence. I think that is sufficient unless things get really out of hand. So far, this is not the riots of the civil rights era, nor Rodney King nor even Fergeson. The protests are still by and large peaceful.

lots of blame ,few people saying mistakes made by both sides, keep putting them back in office, wonder why? doing the same thing over and over expecting different results
huh?

We voted for change with Obama and it didn't happen.
We voted for perhaps some real change and some are acting like 2 year olds.
Lets give them a chance, because if they dont, the Republican party will be gone and they know that.
It will become the Independent party.
All the disappointment from the Right when, under the Obama Administration, OBL was finally hunted dowb and brought to justice. That was a YUUUUUUGE disappointment!
Evidence of such?

Most of the imbecilic leftards arrested in Oregon couldnt even be bothered to vote. This hypocrisy though, is typical of the left.

That appears to be yet another of the claims that has been debunked as "unproven": Most Trump Protesters Didn't Vote?

Why do you insist on spreading unproven or debunked claims such as this?

These protests are Astroturf, they have no basis in law or the Constitution. The left lost fair and square to Trump. They had every advantage, a over the top biased press, a Democrat in the White House, their opponent Trump isn't a professional politician. And still they lost and lost huge. Now they have sour grapes and want to change the rules, pathetic.

No they have every "Right" to protest, they also have every "Right" to be arrested for destruction of property.

I don't think they got the message, president Trump is not going to tolerate their lawlessness like Obama the cocaine snorting pot smoker did.

The political memory sure seems to be suffering from Alzheimers...

Trump refers to them as "professional protesters" - which simultaneously discredits them (with no evidence) and fans the flames. A typical tactic to delegitimize their concerns which are just as valid as the concerns that moved people to vote for trump.

Conservatives forget history in discrediting Trump protesters:

Trump’s supporters also perceive these protests as “unfair” because they claim there were no riots following Obama’s election.

According to conservatives on social media, “Republicans have jobs and responsibilities” and therefore couldn’t engage in civil disobedience to voice their discontent with the 2008 and 2012 elections. With this perception of the Obama elections and subsequent claims of “ Republican acceptance,” Trump supporters are now demanding the same “fairness” for Donald J. Trump’s presidency, “We sat through do nothing politics for 8 years, the least they can do is go shut up and sit in the corner for 8 themselves,” on Trump supporter explained.

However, these perceptions do not reflect what actually followed the election of our country’s first black president, much less the difference between why people are protesting Donald J. Trump’s presidency as compared to Barack Obama’s presidency.

Obama’s election in 2008 was preceded and followed by violent attacks and property destruction targeted against minorities.​

Now, this blog is in it's own way as decidely biased as the pro-Trumpers view, but it does point out some conveniently forgotten truths of a previous election win. There were protests. And violence. And some pretty bad behavior.

Who said there were "no" protests following Trump's election? I call bull shit to that

I don't think they got the message, president Trump is not going to tolerate their lawlessness like Obama the cocaine snorting pot smoker did.

Trump is going to have to find a way to heal the divide he had a huge part in creating if he's going to effectively govern as president of all the people.

Protests are an American right (as long as they are peaceful) - every president has had to put up with them. Trump can't be so thin skinned.

The political memory sure seems to be suffering from Alzheimers...

Trump refers to them as "professional protesters" - which simultaneously discredits them (with no evidence) and fans the flames. A typical tactic to delegitimize their concerns which are just as valid as the concerns that moved people to vote for trump.

Conservatives forget history in discrediting Trump protesters:

According to conservatives on social media, “Republicans have jobs and responsibilities” and therefore couldn’t engage in civil disobedience to voice their discontent with the 2008 and 2012 elections. With this perception of the Obama elections and subsequent claims of “ Republican acceptance,” Trump supporters are now demanding the same “fairness” for Donald J. Trump’s presidency, “We sat through do nothing politics for 8 years, the least they can do is go shut up and sit in the corner for 8 themselves,” on Trump supporter explained.

Obama’s election in 2008 was preceded and followed by violent attacks and property destruction targeted against minorities.​

Now, this blog is in it's own way as decidely biased as the pro-Trumpers view, but it does point out some conveniently forgotten truths of a previous election win. There were protests. And violence. And some pretty bad behavior.

Who said there were "no" protests following Trump's election? I call bull shit to that

No one said that.

I believe what you are referring to were isolated incidents by individuals, not an organized protest like a million woman march, right?

Yes, most were: Orcinus: When Obama Was Elected: An Outpouring of Hate in 2008

No massive organized protests.

A Google search reveals TWO sources for this, yours and ALTERNET which is the "source" for yours article.
Sorry

Trump is going to have to find a way to heal the divide he had a huge part in creating if he's going to effectively govern as president of all the people.

Protests are an American right (as long as they are peaceful) - every president has had to put up with them. Trump can't be so thin skinned.

Not possible with the MSM and Democrats fanning the flames of division. I fully support their right to assemble and protest. Rioting, looting, burning, destruction of private property, randomly assaulting people because they are white or support Trump is NOT a right you will find in the Constitution or our laws. Assonating police officers, tell me why leaders in the Democratic party who are encouraging this behavior have not been arrested?

I believe what you are referring to were isolated incidents by individuals, not an organized protest like a million woman march, right?

A Google search reveals TWO sources for this, yours and ALTERNET which is the "source" for yours article.
Sorry

Are you saying there were no instances anti-Obama violence post election? I've posted other links to events as well, including a the deliberate burning of a church.

Sorry

Are you saying there were no instances anti-Obama violence post election? I've posted other links to events as well, including a the deliberate burning of a church.

I'm saying that there was NOTHING like what is happening now.

Not possible with the MSM and Democrats fanning the flames of division. I fully support their right to assemble and protest. Rioting, looting, burning, destruction of private property, randomly assaulting people because they are white or support Trump is NOT a right you will find in the Constitution or our laws. Assonating police officers, tell me why leaders in the Democratic party who are encouraging this behavior have not been arrested?

I fully agree on you there, that is going over the line. I'm sure you feel the same when people were assaulted and property destroyed when Obama was elected.

What leaders in the Democrat party are encouraging this behavior?

I fully agree on you there, that is going over the line. I'm sure you feel the same when people were assaulted and property destroyed when Obama was elected.

President Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi for starters.

Sorry

I'm saying that there was NOTHING like what is happening now.

I wouldn't say nothing.

There are no organized mass protests and riots other than one at Miss State U. So the scale is not like it is now.

But the individual attacks and destruction of property? They occurred before.

One can "encourage" others by omission as well as commission.
NOBODY on your side Obama, Hillary, anyone is stepping up and asking them to stop.
I condemn ALL violence and destruction of property.

President Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi for starters.

Links where they have encouraged destruction of property, assaults and violence?

Forum List

Back