Conservatives in Congress Introduce Legislation to End NFL Subsidies Following Protests

Only racists call nazis and white supremacists “ fine people.”
We’ve never, not even once, had a president that has complemented them.
Your new nickname is Trump’s colon.

Only a MSM whore would interpret what Trump said as that. What he said is that there were good people that were marching along with them for their own objections and reasons. You don't have to be a white supremacist or Nazi to want to preserve history and be against mob rule.

Good people do not march with white supremacists and Nazis. If you do then you are one.

Only in the mind of a leftist.

Those who are so offended need to toughen up. Learn to ignore and if you can't then it's on you. Ignore the kneelers and it all goes away. If you get upset you give them what they want. Attention.
Nah! They're in stadiums packed with tens of thousands of people. Millions more watching on TV. They've already got attention. If you ignore them, you accept them. That can't be allowed to happen.

I accept their right to do it. That should be allowed to happen because of the Constitution.

It has nothing to do with the Constitution. The Constitution doesn't apply to private industry when it comes to freedom of speech.

A reminder: Clayton Kershaw is making $33 million per year on a 7 year contract, to pitch ever 4 or 5 days. We're paying for that in the form of $8 cokes and $12 beers.

Choice is the greatest thing about this country. Nobody has to pay that for beer or cokes. Stay home and buy your beer and coke from the grocery store. That's what I do.

If people are willing to pay $20.00 for a coke or beer to see a baseball game live, then I celebrate capitalism. They are providing a product for the highest price the market is willing to pay for it.
You remain a fucking idiot.

You always know you won a debate with a liberal when they only thing they have left are personal insults.

Those who are so offended need to toughen up. Learn to ignore and if you can't then it's on you. Ignore the kneelers and it all goes away. If you get upset you give them what they want. Attention.

We are ignoring it. We simply don't turn on football games any longer. In fact they are now experiencing the lowest ratings they've had in four years. The more they protest, the less people will watch.

Most f the stadiums look full to me. You ain't paying for anything while watching the game on TV. So you not watching the game on TV is costing the NFL nothing.

Obviously you don't understand how entertainment works.

Entertainment sells time slots for advertisers. The larger the audience, the more they can charge. When audiences shrink, so does their ability to charge more for those advertising slots. They then have to start charging less, and less, and less.

I'm not going to give you 1 million dollars to run my commercials during your football game if only 300,000 people will see it compared to the 350,000 people that seen my commercials two years ago. If you want my business, you have to charge me in proportion to the audience size that will see my advertising.

I know how entertainment works and I know that there will be nothing the major networks will be able to use that will replace football and get the ratings football will get no matter how low. I also know that the TV contracts are multi year and that if you choose not to watch each NFL Team will get their share of the TV money. Third, all the NFL has to do if those like you don't watch gams is be like baseball and use local TV to televise the games and they will be watched.

They won't be able to replace football but they also won't be able to charge the same price for advertising either.

Companies have budgets just like we do at home. They are only going to spend X amount of dollars on advertising. It doesn't matter if their advertising is on for a movie, a sitcom, a sports event or even a concert. X amount of people is only worth X amount of money as far as advertisers are concerned.

But that's only the beginning. Because this is so controversial, an advertiser has to consider whether their advertising will bring them just as much harm as good. If Budweiser takes a hit in sales during the football season, they may very well pull all of their advertising. Their money is better spent advertising during a boxing match, soccer, or a number of other non-controversial shows.

Most everybody I know has boycotted football. The NFL's ratings are reflecting that as well.

Boycott football while voting for Trump?

How ridiculous is that?

A reminder: Clayton Kershaw is making $33 million per year on a 7 year contract, to pitch ever 4 or 5 days. We're paying for that in the form of $8 cokes and $12 beers.

Choice is the greatest thing about this country. Nobody has to pay that for beer or cokes. Stay home and buy your beer and coke from the grocery store. That's what I do.

If people are willing to pay $20.00 for a coke or beer to see a baseball game live, then I celebrate capitalism. They are providing a product for the highest price the market is willing to pay for it.
You remain a fucking idiot.

You always know you won a debate with a liberal when they only thing they have left are personal insults.
Trumpettes thonk that their ignorance & stupidity should be ignored.

We are ignoring it. We simply don't turn on football games any longer. In fact they are now experiencing the lowest ratings they've had in four years. The more they protest, the less people will watch.

Most f the stadiums look full to me. You ain't paying for anything while watching the game on TV. So you not watching the game on TV is costing the NFL nothing.

Entertainment sells time slots for advertisers. The larger the audience, the more they can charge. When audiences shrink, so does their ability to charge more for those advertising slots. They then have to start charging less, and less, and less.

I'm not going to give you 1 million dollars to run my commercials during your football game if only 300,000 people will see it compared to the 350,000 people that seen my commercials two years ago. If you want my business, you have to charge me in proportion to the audience size that will see my advertising.

I know how entertainment works and I know that there will be nothing the major networks will be able to use that will replace football and get the ratings football will get no matter how low. I also know that the TV contracts are multi year and that if you choose not to watch each NFL Team will get their share of the TV money. Third, all the NFL has to do if those like you don't watch gams is be like baseball and use local TV to televise the games and they will be watched.

They won't be able to replace football but they also won't be able to charge the same price for advertising either.

Companies have budgets just like we do at home. They are only going to spend X amount of dollars on advertising. It doesn't matter if their advertising is on for a movie, a sitcom, a sports event or even a concert. X amount of people is only worth X amount of money as far as advertisers are concerned.

But that's only the beginning. Because this is so controversial, an advertiser has to consider whether their advertising will bring them just as much harm as good. If Budweiser takes a hit in sales during the football season, they may very well pull all of their advertising. Their money is better spent advertising during a boxing match, soccer, or a number of other non-controversial shows.

Most everybody I know has boycotted football. The NFL's ratings are reflecting that as well.

How ridiculous is that?

What's ridiculous about it? This controversy is pretty much party line as far as I can tell. Conservatives are more patriotic is why. We have more respect for our anthem and flag than the left does. So yes, voting for Trump and boycotting football is logical-not ridiculous.

The problem with your "police abuse" argument is that in most cases, it's not abuse at all. It's just abuse in the minds of blacks and leftists because they don't know our laws.

I would trade places with a black person in a police encounter. I would obey all their commands and likely get a break from them. After all, that's how most black people handle the situation and they are not "abused" at all.

Every time I hear about this kneeling or people supporting them, I think of how ignorant the people in our country are; people who don't understand that there is no law that states a police officer can only use deadly force if his attacker has a weapon. There is no such law and never was. Kneeling, losing fans and customers, now government getting involved, all for what? Because a fraction of our society refuses to recognize authority.

The solution to unarmed police shootings and getting their asses kicked is to obey all commands of a police officer. Too easy for us on the right to understand--too difficult for the left.
They especially seem to be oblivious to the critically important command of >> "Let me see your hands" Young blacks (especially males) have a tendency to need to show toughness, and independence, and thus they deliberately ignore the cop's command. Sometimes they even laugh at the cop. A second or two later they are dead - shot in the heart.

They don't understand that when their hands are not visible, they are a threat to the life of the cop, who has zero time to assess if they have a gun or not (which takes a half second to point and shoot). Much of the problem lies with schools who don't teach this stuff. The schools are infested with liberal "teachers" who are clueless about law enforcement and guns.

Black parents should teach their kids to expect police brutality & make sure to follow the police's instruction irregardless if they have legal standing.

How about we teach police not to be racially biased & not be such scaredy cats. " OH I feared for my life" Well boo fucking hoo, grow a pair. I have news, a man running away from yiou is NOT a threat to your life.

And really, "liberal" teachers? Exactly how do school systems in red areas get run by liberals? Blame your lack of education on yourselves & quit blaming teachers.

How ridiculous is that?

What's ridiculous about it? This controversy is pretty much party line as far as I can tell. Conservatives are more patriotic is why. We have more respect for our anthem and flag than the left does. So yes, voting for Trump and boycotting football is logical-not ridiculous.

You claim the players are disrespecting the flag & the military.

Trump disrespected the military & you elected him President.

Are you saying that playing football is more important than being President.

Conservatives, in electing Trump, proved they don't give a rat's ass about the military. Not only you support dissing a veterans sacrifice, Gold Star Families, and trashing POWs, you supported aman who got over 4500 soldiers killed in a war based on lies.

Conservatives, in electing Trump, proved they don't give a rat's ass about the military. Not only you support dissing a veterans sacrifice, Gold Star Families, and trashing POWs, you supported aman who got over 4500 soldiers killed in a war based on lies.

Well the "lies" thing is worn out as nobody can prove he lied about anything. The military disproportionately votes Republican.

So how does one show support of our military, voting Democrat? The same Democrats that slashed our military? The same Democrats that protested our military?

During the campaign, Hillary stopped by to see if she could get some votes. The Cleveland Police invited her for a meeting so they could discuss crime. Hillary's people said she didn't have time to meet with them; she had better things to do. But she did find time to meet with the head of Cleveland's Black Lies Matter group. That tells you what side Democrats are on right there.

And BTW, the last person to diss a Gold Star parent was your very own Frederica Wilson. You know, the Rock Star?

How about we teach police not to be racially biased & not be such scaredy cats. " OH I feared for my life" Well boo fucking hoo, grow a pair. I have news, a man running away from yiou is NOT a threat to your life.

If the suspect is believed to be a threat to the public, a police officer does have the legal right to stop him using deadly force.

Well the "lies" thing is worn out as nobody can prove he lied about anything. The military disproportionately votes Republican.

So how does one show support of our military, voting Democrat? The same Democrats that slashed our military? The same Democrats that protested our military?

During the campaign, Hillary stopped by to see if she could get some votes. The Cleveland Police invited her for a meeting so they could discuss crime. Hillary's people said she didn't have time to meet with them; she had better things to do. But she did find time to meet with the head of Cleveland's Black Lies Matter group. That tells you what side Democrats are on right there.

And BTW, the last person to diss a Gold Star parent was your very own Frederica Wilson. You know, the Rock Star?

No Frederica Wilson did not diss a gold start family. None of the rest of what you say is true either.

If the suspect is believed to be a threat to the public, a police officer does have the legal right to stop him using deadly force.

Yeah but police are killing people who are not threats to the public.

How ridiculous is that?

He knows that, but he can't admit it.

A police officer can use deadly force to protect himself or the public. If any case exists where an officer used deadly force otherwise, he will be held responsible for his actions.

A police officer can use deadly force to protect himself or the public. If any case exists where an officer used deadly force otherwise, he will be held responsible for his actions.

The police have used this excuse to murder people for years. Again they are just killing with no threat that is obvious. These acts are caught on tale and the cops have generally not been held responsible. We need to quit making this excuse.

No Frederica Wilson did not diss a gold start family. None of the rest of what you say is true either.

Right. Comparing a Gold Star father to a dog is not dissing him in any way. :blowup:

WATCH: Rep Wilson Responds To General Kelly’s Amazing Speech With DUMBEST Comment Ever

The police have used this excuse to murder people for years. Again they are just killing with no threat that is obvious. These acts are caught on tale and the cops have generally not been held responsible. We need to quit making this excuse.

Then show me one case where that happened.....with the video you speak of; a case where an officer shot a suspect for no reason whatsoever, and was not held accountable.

Then show me one case where that happened.....with the video you speak of; a case where an officer shot a suspect for no reason whatsoever, and was not held accountable.

No. I'm tired of you bitches wanting someone to show you shit that everyone knows has happened just because your bitch asses want to support wrong. And there are videos. Go look at the Walter Scott murder. The Garner murder. The Philando Castile murder. The Samuel Dubose murder. The John Crawford murder..The Alton Sterling murder. And the Tamir Rice murder just to name a few. Holding accountable means a real jury trial. Not paid leave for a bogus investigation.

It was bound to happen. NFL owners should have fired these overpaid loudmouths before they wound up costing the owners millions$$$. Now the owners will lose millions$$$ in subsidies, that are offered when NFL teams build or refurbish their stadiums.

Republican Congressman Steve Russell of Oklahoma is a highly decorated 21-year combat veteran who lost comrades in deployments overseas in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait. He knows firsthand the sacrifices veterans have made for his country.

He, like many other Republican Congressmen, believe the current NFL protests, begun last year by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, have crossed the line in terms of lack of patriotism among spoiled football players. To that end, Russell has introduced legislation that would end federal subsidies for the NFL.

Also, legislation, to do the same, is being introduced by Florida Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz, who is now lead sponsor of the Pro Sports Act, which was introduced by former Utah Congressman Jason Chaffetz,.

So NFL owners will lose Billions$$ because they couldn't (or wouldn't) control their bigmouth players .Should have gotten rid of these dopes before they caused all he trouble.

Trump calls for end to NFL tax breaks -- bill already in place!

Conservatives in Congress Introduce Legislation to End NFL Subsidies Following Protests
/—-/ The Left has hated NFL for decades. The death of pro football is a dream come true for them. They want us watching soccer anyway.

No. I'm tired of you bitches wanting someone to show you shit that everyone knows has happened just because your bitch asses want to support wrong. And there are videos. Go look at the Walter Scott murder. The Garner murder. The Philando Castile murder. The Samuel Dubose murder. The John Crawford murder..The Alton Sterling murder. And the Tamir Rice murder just to name a few. Holding accountable means a real jury trial. Not paid leave for a bogus investigation.

Well let's take them one at a time. Pick your poison.

I don't know about all those cases, but being from Cleveland, I am familiar with the Rice shooting. The kid was pulling out a realistic looking gun and the officer fired. He was held for a grand jury and found not-guilty of any crime. Here are the two guns side by side: a real one, and the one Rice had:

images-2.jpg

As for Garner, once again, a black guy that feels he doesn't need to respect the law. His death was caused by his poor physical condition and deadly force was not used. The officer was simply trying to arrest him.

Forum List

Back