Conservatives in Congress Introduce Legislation to End NFL Subsidies Following Protests

Those who are so offended need to toughen up. Learn to ignore and if you can't then it's on you. Ignore the kneelers and it all goes away. If you get upset you give them what they want. Attention.
Nah! They're in stadiums packed with tens of thousands of people. Millions more watching on TV. They've already got attention. If you ignore them, you accept them. That can't be allowed to happen.

I accept their right to do it. That should be allowed to happen because of the Constitution.

It has nothing to do with the Constitution. The Constitution doesn't apply to private industry when it comes to freedom of speech.
/—-/ When I went to work at Verizon Wireless, I was handed a list of banned topics for discussion on or off the job (meaning if you met friends after work at a party or bar) included on the list was any discussion of politics, religion, current events except the weather and most of all American sports that would alienate recent immigrants who don’t understand football.

Last edited:
Those who are so offended need to toughen up. Learn to ignore and if you can't then it's on you. Ignore the kneelers and it all goes away. If you get upset you give them what they want. Attention.
Nah! They're in stadiums packed with tens of thousands of people. Millions more watching on TV. They've already got attention. If you ignore them, you accept them. That can't be allowed to happen.

I accept their right to do it. That should be allowed to happen because of the Constitution.

It has nothing to do with the Constitution. The Constitution doesn't apply to private industry when it comes to freedom of speech.
/—-/ When I went to work at Verizon Wireless, I was handed a list of banned topics for discussion on or off the job (meaning if you met friends after work a time a party or bar) included on the list was any discussion of politics, religion, current events except the weather and most of all American sports that would alienate recent immigrants who don’t understand football.

How many of us would like to walk into work and tell our boss to go F himself? If we did that, we would get fired. The Constitution does not protect freedom of speech outside of government.

Yeah but police are killing people who are not threats to the public.

A police officer can use deadly force to protect himself or the public. If any case exists where an officer used deadly force otherwise, he will be held responsible for his actions.

The police have used this excuse to murder people for years. Again they are just killing with no threat that is obvious. These acts are caught on tale and the cops have generally not been held responsible. We need to quit making this excuse.

Then show me one case where that happened.....with the video you speak of; a case where an officer shot a suspect for no reason whatsoever, and was not held accountable.

No. I'm tired of you bitches wanting someone to show you shit that everyone knows has happened just because your bitch asses want to support wrong. And there are videos. Go look at the Walter Scott murder. The Garner murder. The Philando Castile murder. The Samuel Dubose murder. The John Crawford murder..The Alton Sterling murder. And the Tamir Rice murder just to name a few. Holding accountable means a real jury trial. Not paid leave for a bogus investigation.

Well let's take them one at a time. Pick your poison.

I don't know about all those cases, but being from Cleveland, I am familiar with the Rice shooting. The kid was pulling out a realistic looking gun and the officer fired. He was held for a grand jury and found not-guilty of any crime. Here are the two guns side by side: a real one, and the one Rice had:

View attachment 157180

As for Garner, once again, a black guy that feels he doesn't need to respect the law. His death was caused by his poor physical condition and deadly force was not used. The officer was simply trying to arrest him.

Bullshit. In the Tamir Rice case the officer got out of his car shooting. He did not stand a real jury trial. In the Garner case the police used a banned procedure that killed him and he was doing nothing to be arrested for. Poor physical condition had nothing to do with this. That was not the ruling of the Medical examiner.

/—-/ When I went to work at Verizon Wireless, I was handed a list of banned topics for discussion on or off the job (meaning if you met friends after work a time a party or bar) included on the list was any discussion of politics, religion, current events except the weather and most of all American sports that would alienate recent immigrants who don’t understand football.

Your job cannot stop you from doing anything while off work. So if you followed those rules you are a fool. I would have quit if I got a list of things telling me what I can't talk about when I'm not working. So understand this, just because a private business does something doesn't mean it s legal. And again there is a collective bargaining agreement between owners and players in the NFL which means both sides accepted and agreed to the terms. Unlike Verizon, where you were not members of a union that bargained for rights that management contractually agreed to uphold. So think we need to hang up these comparisons because they do not match.

It was bound to happen. NFL owners should have fired these overpaid loudmouths before they wound up costing the owners millions$$$. Now the owners will lose millions$$$ in subsidies, that are offered when NFL teams build or refurbish their stadiums.

Republican Congressman Steve Russell of Oklahoma is a highly decorated 21-year combat veteran who lost comrades in deployments overseas in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait. He knows firsthand the sacrifices veterans have made for his country.

He, like many other Republican Congressmen, believe the current NFL protests, begun last year by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, have crossed the line in terms of lack of patriotism among spoiled football players. To that end, Russell has introduced legislation that would end federal subsidies for the NFL.

Also, legislation, to do the same, is being introduced by Florida Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz, who is now lead sponsor of the Pro Sports Act, which was introduced by former Utah Congressman Jason Chaffetz,.

So NFL owners will lose Billions$$ because they couldn't (or wouldn't) control their bigmouth players .Should have gotten rid of these dopes before they caused all he trouble.

Trump calls for end to NFL tax breaks -- bill already in place!

Conservatives in Congress Introduce Legislation to End NFL Subsidies Following Protests
/—-/ The Left has hated NFL for decades. The death of pro football is a dream come true for them. They want us watching soccer anyway.

I am a liberal and played football. Shut the fuck up with that dumb shit and argue something else. If you oppose the protest fine but this stupid shit is unnecessary.

Your job cannot stop you from doing anything while off work. So if you followed those rules you are a fool. I would have quit if I got a list of things telling me what I can't talk about when I'm not working. So understand this, just because a private business does something doesn't mean it s legal. And again there is a collective bargaining agreement between owners and players in the NFL which means both sides accepted and agreed to the terms. Unlike Verizon, where you were not members of a union that bargained for rights that management contractually agreed to uphold. So think we need to hang up these comparisons because they do not match.
/—-/ I didn’t say employees always followed the rules, it may have been a CYA by the legal department to ward off potential lawsuits, the guys in the sales force were pretty much old school frat boys. My point is that the company wrote the code.

It was bound to happen. NFL owners should have fired these overpaid loudmouths before they wound up costing the owners millions$$$. Now the owners will lose millions$$$ in subsidies, that are offered when NFL teams build or refurbish their stadiums.

Republican Congressman Steve Russell of Oklahoma is a highly decorated 21-year combat veteran who lost comrades in deployments overseas in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait. He knows firsthand the sacrifices veterans have made for his country.

He, like many other Republican Congressmen, believe the current NFL protests, begun last year by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, have crossed the line in terms of lack of patriotism among spoiled football players. To that end, Russell has introduced legislation that would end federal subsidies for the NFL.

Also, legislation, to do the same, is being introduced by Florida Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz, who is now lead sponsor of the Pro Sports Act, which was introduced by former Utah Congressman Jason Chaffetz,.

So NFL owners will lose Billions$$ because they couldn't (or wouldn't) control their bigmouth players .Should have gotten rid of these dopes before they caused all he trouble.

/—-/ The Left has hated NFL for decades. The death of pro football is a dream come true for them. They want us watching soccer anyway.

I am a liberal and played football. Shut the fuck up with that dumb shit and argue something else. If you oppose the protest fine but this stupid shit is unnecessary.
/—-/ So Liberal politics has nothing to do with pressure on the Red Skins to change their mascot? Liberal politics make NFL games unwatchable | Reagan

How many of us would like to walk into work and tell our boss to go F himself? If we did that, we would get fired. The Constitution does not protect freedom of speech outside of government.

Protesting police brutality and racial injustice is not telling the boss to go f himself. And again, there is a coactive bargaining agreement between payers and ownership that is legally binding and gives players rights that was agreed to by ownership that they must follow for a legally specified time frame. I believe this agreement ends in 2021 so if owners want players to be required to stand for the anthem they must present this to the players union and have the players association agree with their demands by a players vote..

/—-/ It was in the middle of the Obama depression and there were no jobs. People stayed for the paycheck and health insurance. As soon as we could find another job, we jumped shipped. It was a toxic environment to work in at the time.

/—-/ So Liberal politics has nothing to do with pressure on the Red Skins to change their mascot? Liberal politics make NFL games unwatchable | Reagan

No. Liberal politics did not. Conservative racist politics that say i's fine to allow a team t continue using racially derogatory nicknames/mascots as long as the names/mascots are not derogatory to whites for teams is.

/—-/ It was in the middle of the Obama depression and there were no jobs. People stayed for the paycheck and health insurance. As soon as we could find another job, we jumped shipped. It was a toxic environment to work in at the time.

There was no Obama depression.

/—-/ People lost their homes, their careers and health insurance thanks to Obozo. Maybe to were stoned at the time,

No. Liberal politics did not. Conservative racist politics that say i's fine to allow a team t continue using racially derogatory nicknames/mascots as long as the names/mascots are not derogatory to whites for teams is.
/—-/ What’s racist about Redskin or St John’s old mascot Redmen? Meskwaki chief Black Thunder delivered a speech at a treaty conference after the War of 1812. Black Thunder, whose words were translated by an interpreter, said that he would speak calmly and without fear, adding, "I turn to all, red skins and white skins, and challenge an accusation against me."
The Real History of the Word Redskin. It's Not What You Think.

Nothing racist or derogatory about the Red Skins.

You are a race baiting asshole.

/—-/. It’s well documented that tribes wore body paint to intimidate their enemies during battle. Sports teams adopted the tradition as s sign of respect not as an insult.

Attachments

• A533749D-27F7-45B1-9FD6-B70919F444AB.png
    A533749D-27F7-45B1-9FD6-B70919F444AB.png
    281 KB · Views: 13

A police officer can use deadly force to protect himself or the public. If any case exists where an officer used deadly force otherwise, he will be held responsible for his actions.

The police have used this excuse to murder people for years. Again they are just killing with no threat that is obvious. These acts are caught on tale and the cops have generally not been held responsible. We need to quit making this excuse.

Then show me one case where that happened.....with the video you speak of; a case where an officer shot a suspect for no reason whatsoever, and was not held accountable.

No. I'm tired of you bitches wanting someone to show you shit that everyone knows has happened just because your bitch asses want to support wrong. And there are videos. Go look at the Walter Scott murder. The Garner murder. The Philando Castile murder. The Samuel Dubose murder. The John Crawford murder..The Alton Sterling murder. And the Tamir Rice murder just to name a few. Holding accountable means a real jury trial. Not paid leave for a bogus investigation.

I don't know about all those cases, but being from Cleveland, I am familiar with the Rice shooting. The kid was pulling out a realistic looking gun and the officer fired. He was held for a grand jury and found not-guilty of any crime. Here are the two guns side by side: a real one, and the one Rice had:

View attachment 157180

As for Garner, once again, a black guy that feels he doesn't need to respect the law. His death was caused by his poor physical condition and deadly force was not used. The officer was simply trying to arrest him.
The police arrived, jumped out, & killed a kid with a toy gun. What the fuck is wrong with you that you think that is right. How about assessing the situation?

A guy is standing outside a store, doing nothing, the cops kill him. Hey that's OK.

In your mind, certainly not.

How about we teach police not to be racially biased & not be such scaredy cats. " OH I feared for my life" Well boo fucking hoo, grow a pair. I have news, a man running away from yiou is NOT a threat to your life.

If the suspect is believed to be a threat to the public, a police officer does have the legal right to stop him using deadly force.

A tail light out - is that an excuse?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

View attachment 157180

The police arrived, jumped out, & killed a kid with a toy gun. What the fuck is wrong with you that you think that is right. How about assessing the situation?

A guy is standing outside a store, doing nothing, the cops kill him. Hey that's OK.
/—-/ what guy standing outside the store?

/—-/ People lost their homes, their careers and health insurance thanks to Obozo. Maybe to were stoned at the time,

Lying fuck. Is all you assholes do is lie?

Obama took office is the midst of the Bush recession. You assholes know it. Bur must have to blame someone else for your stupid votes for President.

You fuckheads elected Bush & he nearly killed America.

No you elected the absolute dumbest, most ignorant biggest liar of all time Trump.

Forum List

Back